The VG Resource
"New" Super Mario Kart [WILL BE UPDATING AFTER IM DONE WITH OTHER STUFF] - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Games Development (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-22.html)
+----- Thread: "New" Super Mario Kart [WILL BE UPDATING AFTER IM DONE WITH OTHER STUFF] (/thread-20760.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [DK. DONKEY KONG IS HERE~] - Iceman404 - 07-24-2012

Donkey Kong (ARCADE) is the original.
Donkey Kong (ARCADE) had Donkey Kong Jr (ARCADE/SMK), "hence Donkey Kong Jr" the game, sequel to the original Donkey Kong.
That Donkey Kong Jr (ARCADE/SMK) grew up to be the new Donkey Kong (RARE), whilst the original grew up to be Cranky Kong (RARE).

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [DK. DONKEY KONG IS HERE~] - Kriven - 07-24-2012

Except for when the instruction manuals refer to Cranky as the current Donkey Kong's grandfather, not his father. That would make the current Donkey Kong the son of JR and Donkey Kong III.

Diddy Kong was originally a redesigned JR, meaning that whole Grown Up DK was thrown together last minute.

Kaptain and King K. Rool are brothers, Tiny is a gypsy and has no relation to Dixie, and Donkey Kong is bother Cranky's grandson and son. Just ask Nintendo (of Japan).

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [DK. DONKEY KONG IS HERE~] - segwayspeedracer - 07-24-2012

Lol cool beans. I'm having a hard time imagining the first DK age into Cranky but it's ultimately irrelevant. the sprite development is awesome!!

I'm going to pick up course making again soon. I hope to built a small debugging community and maybe figure out a science to SMK courses like y'all have SMK sprites. Star has raised the bar on the quality of this game. Anybody interested?

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [DK. DONKEY KONG IS HERE~] - Iceman404 - 07-24-2012

You know what, let's just fuck Donkey Kong timelines. C:

EDIT: Also, will you give Peach her tipsy animation, and Bowser his campaign chugging one from the JP version as an alternate on the sheet? Smug

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Koopa Troopa is back betches] - Star - 07-24-2012

I..have actually thought about those "uncut" animations lolol. I can make them as long as someone provides me with the sheet. *COUGH COUGH*

Reworking on Peach's victory pose. I forgot her hair so..gonna have to add that in lol.
I love Koopa Troopa's pose so much. It makes me laugh. It's like he is saying "HEY BITCHES. I'M BAAAAAAAAAAACK".

EDIT: Forgot to mention Wario is back on the first page. He is under "Character Patches" which is above the support icons.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Koopa Troopa is back betches] - Iceman404 - 07-24-2012

That Koopa Troopa was just unexpectedly excellent, I can't wait to see the rest of the victory frames. Though, Peach is looking really thin there.

Also, Wario looks great.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Koopa Troopa is back betches] - Random Talking Bush - 07-24-2012

(07-24-2012, 10:44 PM)Star Wrote: I..have actually thought about those "uncut" animations lolol. I can make them as long as someone provides me with the sheet. *COUGH COUGH*
Will this do for now?

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Koopa Troopa is back betches] - Star - 07-25-2012

Thank you random bush that talks. I will accept those sprites without hesitation.

No, seriously, THANK YOU

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Koopa Troopa is back betches] - Star - 07-25-2012

[Image: 4pJfr.gif]
Bowser doing his lil happy dance~

I had to make his mouth a pixel bigger on the original head to make this work fff

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Bowser's Happy Dance] - AuraLancer - 07-25-2012

I had no idea about those version differences, wow. That Peach animation doesn't look right.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Bowser's Happy Dance] - Kriven - 07-25-2012

Japanese Peach drinks and shows off her sports thong at every opportunity.

But over here she acts so innocent and Disney. Us Americans don't even know!

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Bowser's Happy Dance] - Raccoon Sam - 07-25-2012

don't drink and drive

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Bowser's Happy Dance] - Gors - 07-25-2012

jokeabouthowwomensuckatdriving

I have played Jap SMK so that doesn't look that weird to me, heh!!

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Koopa Troopa is back betches] - MoneyMan - 07-25-2012

(07-25-2012, 01:57 AM)Star Wrote: [Image: 4pJfr.gif]
Bowser doing his lil happy dance~

I had to make his mouth a pixel bigger on the original head to make this work fff

His arms dont look quite long enough when he lifts them up. Maybe try lengthening them, and see how it looks?

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Bowser's Happy Dance] - segwayspeedracer - 07-25-2012

Beautiful!!

I actually recall there being a jumping bowser body sprite, at the very end of the credits scene. correct me if i'm wrong.

(sorry star, still no internet) Cry