The VG Resource
"New" Super Mario Kart [WILL BE UPDATING AFTER IM DONE WITH OTHER STUFF] - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Games Development (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-22.html)
+----- Thread: "New" Super Mario Kart [WILL BE UPDATING AFTER IM DONE WITH OTHER STUFF] (/thread-20760.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Yoshi Egg Finished] - Star - 07-21-2012

Yeah, it can get complicated sometimes haha. The two hackers let me know if I am going beyond the boundaries of the game; that way I can just go back and fix things to make them work in game.
And I'm glad you love the project that much, Raccoon Sam! We are more than flattered!

Well, I got good news and bad news..

GOOD NEWS:
Lakitu's animation is done. I just need to finish shading the flag. I just have it this way so it's easier to edit if it needs any editing. If anyone believe the flag needs fixing and wants to edit it..go ahead!

Also, I'm do not remember how fast the animation is in game so..the animation may actually be too slow.

[Image: ZMziY.gif]
Also, I'll make another variation with a "REVERSE" sign that will blink. I'll make different variations like that with different things(like how I did with the poison mushrooms.

BAD NEWS:
The update that was suppose to happen today with the racers..will not happen. I do not have enough done to have a good update. I was hoping to get a racer animation done by today, but..that didn't happen ffff especially with the electricity going off and on today.

So, I am deeply sorry.

[Image: bc4qG.png]

I'll try to at least get two racer animations done to make up for it.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Lakitu Update] - Britt - 07-21-2012

Are you getting those too?
The storms in the south here lately are getting ridiculous.

Anyways, the flag looks strangely stiff, that's all I have to say.
The more I look at this topic, the more Impressed I am.

Great work, Star.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Lakitu Update] - mutantyoshi - 07-21-2012

^yeah, the flag looks stiff to me also.

maybe in the second frame, when the flag is "scrunched" add a lighter shade towards the end of the flag, maybe that may give it a little more "flow in the breeze" feel.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Lakitu Update] - Star - 07-21-2012

@Britt:
Yeah, the huge thunder storm yesterday came out of nowhere. It made my electricity go on and off like 3 times in a row. I'm seriously surprised I have electricity seeing as how the breaker down the road had sparks coming out of it.

We're also experiencing some bad weather again today. It gets so bad to where it shakes the house every now and again. I am afraid to turn on my computer since its doing the power surge thing again. I don't want to lose my artwork : x

@MutantYoshi: I'll have to give that a try when the weather finally dies down. That may help it.

How funny, my electricity went on and off 4 times while typing this.
Nevermind make that 5.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Lakitu Update] - Kami - 07-21-2012

My god, you reminded my that a transformer(The box on the telephone pole) near my house exploded last week. You lucky since you haven't lost anything.

I lost a commision I was working on due to that.

And after that, the repairmen sit there lounging on the cherry picker for an hour and a half before they started to fix it the damn thing.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Lakitu Update] - Star - 07-21-2012

Oh man, I hate to hear about that. I hope everything is going alright for you then and that no damage was done ):

And we are definitely very lucky.
I hate whoever played the Song of Storms. They played it way too many times.

EDIT: Just saw your edit. At first I thought you lost more than just artwork, but like part of your home.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [We have sprites!] - Star - 07-21-2012

[Image: Sh5Nj.gif] [Image: zSCyY.gif]

Welp. At least the alternative reverse was far more easier to make lol

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Lakitu and Hazards Sheet Update] - Sevenstitch - 07-21-2012

I really prefer the sign version, myself. Pardon the pun, but it really is more readable than the flag.
Not that your flag sprite has any problems, but my eyes would react much faster to written text in
a race. Thats just me though. Keep it up star! Wink

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Steadily working on Victory Poses] - NICKtendo DS - 07-22-2012

I have to agree. To be honest, that flag animation looks... bad. It just doesn't look right and does the rest of your amazing work no justice.
The sign is way better and fits better with everything else you made for this project so far. Maybe you could let his left (our right) hand wag his finger.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Steadily working on Victory Poses] - Kriven - 07-22-2012

Plus that sign feels way more "Super Mario Kart."

Nother vote for sign.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [STAR Y U SO SLOW NOW] - Raccoon Sam - 07-23-2012

welp i like the sign more but it seems kinda lifeless(?)
now i'm no spriter but if you added some motion to the sign itself it'd give the sprite a more "no what the fuck are you doing wrong way you idiot no get AWAT turn around GOD"-feeling
[Image: r1faD.gif] somethin like this

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [STAR Y U SO SLOW NOW] - Star - 07-23-2012

I'm glad everyone likes the "Reverse Sign" version. I seriously like it a lot more than the other one.

@Racoon Sam: I think if I did a wave finger motion like Nicktendo DS suggested and combine it with your suggestion..I think it'd make the animation way more full of life than it is now.
Thank you bro!

As for the updates, I apologize for them being very slow. They'll pick back up eventually.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [STAR Y U SO SLOW NOW] - mutantyoshi - 07-23-2012

Its fine man, take your time and make things perfect.

I do like the idea of the finger waving and the sign moving up and down.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [STAR Y U SO SLOW NOW] - Star - 07-23-2012

I'll post the updated animation soon enough. For now, just gonna slowly post the start of the victory animations on the first post.

I cleaned up Mario and Luigi's faces. I felt I over-shaded them a bit. I made their faces more clean~
I'm also studying the tiles: seeing how they work, the process for making them, etc.
I've been thinking up of how Starpower Road is gonna look. Been playing Mario Galaxy 2 and Mario Kart Double Dash for inspiration. I'll post my concepts here sooner or later.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [STAR Y U SO SLOW NOW] - segwayspeedracer - 07-23-2012

(07-23-2012, 02:33 PM)Star Wrote: I'll post the updated animation soon enough. For now, just gonna slowly post the start of the victory animations on the first post.

Hey star,

I've been on hiatus b/c i got the new apartment up and at&t is taking forever to get the interwebz to life. I like the victory poses, but if you take a look at the "2results2.smc" file, you'll notice that you can see only bodies of the characters. That's because the heads of the characters are borrowed directly from the driving sprites. So make sure they correspond.

That, and there are only two different head sprites used in the victory animation: the default faces you've already developed, and another face found near the bottom right of the character sheets I sent you as a .png file. (I would resend you them, but internet is down atm) Sad