The VG Resource
"New" Super Mario Kart [WILL BE UPDATING AFTER IM DONE WITH OTHER STUFF] - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Games Development (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-22.html)
+----- Thread: "New" Super Mario Kart [WILL BE UPDATING AFTER IM DONE WITH OTHER STUFF] (/thread-20760.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Hazards Sheet Updated] - Star - 07-18-2012

I like staying in your avi

even though you keep pushing me away off to the side in it :B
Also, just for those wondering what I am working on: Monty Mole..and uhh..not sure what else after that.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Hazards Sheet Updated] - segwayspeedracer - 07-18-2012

(07-17-2012, 11:05 PM)Sevenstitch Wrote: So does that mean that the duplicate item and obstacle sprite could be replaced with NEW items and obstacles?
Like ones that don't currently exist? Or would that conflict with the current objects?

Extra sprites buddy. And like I said earlier, I think only approximately 9/181 road tiles were used in rainbow road. Starpower Road has SOOOOOOO much potential. Also, Nintendo only used 2/3 of the Rainbow Road road tile palette. So many more colors will be around.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Hazards Sheet Updated] - Kosheh - 07-18-2012

(07-18-2012, 01:16 AM)Star Wrote: ..and uhh..not sure what else after that.
the koopa beach seaweed? Cute

redraw the seaweed and basically the whole course is revamped heh

which btw: holy crap this project asdfghf

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Hazards Sheet Updated] - segwayspeedracer - 07-18-2012

Also missed a certain comment to reply to, a very important one to y'all haha!

I could care less if the sprite sheet is released or not on TSR. So, once the project is completed, and if Star wants, then yeah, the sheet will be on here for y'all.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Hazards Sheet Updated] - AuraLancer - 07-18-2012

(07-18-2012, 09:31 AM)Kosheh Wrote: the koopa beach seaweed? Cute

redraw the seaweed and basically the whole course is revamped heh

which btw: holy crap this project asdfghf

You mean those little green circles?

Would it be possible to make them "pop up" as opposed to lying flat on the track?

Unfortunately not. The game can only support 14 'pop upped' sprites at one time. 8 drivers, 4 hazards and 2 items. I'm sure it's a bit more complicated than that, but there's serious limitations lol. I dreamt the same tho haha

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Monty Mole Finished] - Star - 07-18-2012

Monty Mole has been added to the Lakitu and Hazards sprite sheet.
I would've had it done last night, but a wild female homosapien appeared and used distraction. It was super effective.

Next up on my to do list: Something else that will distract Sean from working on the racers.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Yoshi Egg Finished] - Kriven - 07-18-2012

Hi there, love your work, everything is great, Monty looks solid, but also, welp, that tail there.

Looks like he's taking a dump.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Yoshi Egg Finished] - Iceman404 - 07-19-2012

Can't... Unsee...

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Yoshi Egg Finished] - Star - 07-19-2012

Gosh dang it I can't unsee it either now..SHIT.

LITERALLY.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Yoshi Egg Finished] - Ton - 07-19-2012

Nah, it looks fine.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Yoshi Egg Finished] - Star - 07-19-2012

I actually was thinking about cutting off his tail for a second there haha.

And this is what a WIP looks like~
[Image: YfO4G.gif]
This is pretty much the animation. Just gotta make..everything else and fix that one pixel that's annoying the heck out of me by his neck.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Yoshi Egg Finished] - Iceman404 - 07-19-2012

His left arm looks too relaxed. Try also adding the handwave from the original.
The startlight one has the same issue, try doing something with the right arm so it's not just hanging there.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Yoshi Egg Finished] - Gors - 07-19-2012

also try making him wave the flag. Or, you could try a more modern take on it and turn that flag into a 'WRONG WAY' sign or something. The good part about reworking the graphics is taht they don't need to be exactly the same thing. You can do whatever you want as long as it fits in the space.

RE: "New" Super Mario Kart [Yoshi Egg Finished] - Raccoon Sam - 07-19-2012

not always, but most of the times yeah
if lakitu's graphics page has room for only so little tiles, you must remain in the sprite's tile boundaries, but also have to agree with the tilemap.
I mean, if Lakitu's head sprite is actually one 16x16 tile that the game flips horizontally and there is NO SPACE at all left in the page, you can't have another sprite for the left facing head. It HAS to be a flip of the right one.

tilemaps can be edited and i'm pretty sure segwayspeedracer knows that, but i have no idea how tightly packed SMK's graphics pages are, and do they have like, any extra space at all.

graphics pages can be expanded too but that's another story fffffffffs

BUT anyway everything looks awesome keep reachin' that rainbow Star. I love you man
FUUCK i love everything in this thread