The VG Resource
Gaming Lounge - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Gaming Lounge (/thread-20616.html)

RE: Gaming Lounge - Sengir - 05-05-2014

(05-05-2014, 04:42 PM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: I'm getting tired of this shit.
Get GBC Mario Golf free if you buy Mario Golf World Tour on eShop
Get Kirby's Dreamland 2 free if you buy Kirby Triple Deluxe on eShop
I understand that with promotions that give you free retail games, their only option is to give them via eShop (Wind Waker HD will barely fit on the Wii U standard after I get MK8), but this is bullshit.

It wouldn't be feasible to offer the free games for physical copies. What allows Nintendo to make such promotions is the reduced cost of selling an eShop game. They didn't need to manufacture the cartridge, case and papers or transport the product to any stores. The Virtual Console games have already made their initial run, and giving them out like that is essentially free.

(05-05-2014, 04:42 PM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: Can't I just register my physical copies on Club Nintendo and get DL codes there?
Memory space is precious. I already had to delete Luigi's Mansion 2 my friend gave me from his promotion. It's good for low filesize applications, like VC games and DLC, but digital games devour memory.

It might be a good idea to invest in a larger SD card. I've been using a 32GB microSD card with an adapter, and I haven't had any problems with 6 retail games, 8 eShop games (excluding the Pokémon Bank set), 13 NES games, 4 GB games, 3 GBC games and 10 GBA games. I still have a lot of space left!

(05-05-2014, 06:28 PM)Sevenstitch Wrote: It's unfortunate, but It's also sound (if not shady) business economics

A baseline WiiU is designed to be a lesser version of a "proper" WiiU

Companies are completely aware they are selling you a potentially nerfed version of their product, thats the whole point
The whole purpose of selling economy models of consoles is to force you to eventually upgrade to a more expensive version

Can't you use an external hard drive with the Wii U?

RE: Gaming Lounge - Sevenstitch - 05-05-2014

(05-05-2014, 06:43 PM)Sengir Wrote: Helpful suggestion regarding storage alternatives

Oh yeah, external hard drive

A quick search reveals that any portable hard drive from a size not exceeding 2 terabytes can be used for extra storage

keep in mind that any device used for the WiiU will need to be formatted by the unit in order to be used, meaning that it will become a dedicated drive for the system; no PC/WiiU swapping

if you don't have a full size console, an external HDD or larger SD card are both good options, cheaper at least

RE: Gaming Lounge - Phantom Killah - 05-05-2014

how easy is it to transfer all your 3ds stuff over from one sd card to another?

RE: Gaming Lounge - Kosheh - 05-06-2014

(05-05-2014, 11:24 PM)Phantom Killah Wrote: how easy is it to transfer all your 3ds stuff over from one sd card to another?

Plug in one SD card, put all the stuff from it into a folder

Put the other SD card in your computer, format it, then just plop everything onto that one and then check your results I guess

Worked for me!

also Disney Magical World oh my god
[Image: g6ANuqe.jpg]

\ (O_O) /

RE: Gaming Lounge - E-Man - 05-06-2014

I heard that h.a.n.d. worked on that game, which is the same company that help Square Enix with at least two games in another certain Disney game series. You reckon Square Enix helped them on Disney Magical World in one way or another?

RE: Gaming Lounge - Sengir - 05-06-2014

(05-06-2014, 01:29 PM)E-Man Wrote: I heard that h.a.n.d. worked on that game, which is the same company that help Square Enix with at least two games in another certain Disney game series. You reckon Square Enix helped them on Disney Magical World in one way or another?

I would very very seriously doubt it. Square Enix would have no reason to.

RE: Gaming Lounge - E-Man - 05-06-2014

I'm only speculating because the models looked very similar to how they appeared in the Kingdom Hearts games, so I was thinking Square let them borrow them.

Still, it's likely that isn't the case because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a business perspective. Besides, h.a.n.d would have to directly credit them and I don't think there would be any mentioning of them no matter how anyone looks.

RE: Gaming Lounge - Kriven - 05-06-2014

My Club Nintendo account is a time machine:

[Image: t72846.png]

RE: Gaming Lounge - Iceman404 - 05-07-2014

[Image: 44e.png]

RE: Gaming Lounge - Kriven - 05-08-2014

Having an issue with my 360 suddenly.

Every night I use it to watch videos from my external HDD. Normally the 360 displays my folders properly. Suddenly it's just dumping every individual file on the drive into a list. Preferences don't have any way of fixing this, Google isn't turning up anything even remotely similar to my issue.

Any ideas?

RE: Gaming Lounge - Kitsu - 05-08-2014

So apparently nintendo's doing their own version of Skylanders / Disney Infinity
http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/07/nintendo-plans-its-own-nfc-compatible-figures-and-games-for-laun/

as cool as I think this is

what I want is something like this but with all Custom Robo
complete with figurine customization
and then the game could use that customization ingame (as well as store some information about the player's stats or something in the base)
basically Gundam Build Fighters but simpler and not gundam

something like this probably wouldn't sell well though
:<

alternatively something similar but with Front Mission
and then it'd be a trpg instead of an arena fighter
but that'd probably be more expensive due to needing more robots
and Front Mission is dead now anyways TT^TT

Your link died Very Sad

RE: Gaming Lounge - Mystie - 05-08-2014

I don't like the whole "buy toys to unlock characters already in the game" ploy that many games today use.

RE: Gaming Lounge - TomGuycott - 05-08-2014

I would have loved it when I was a kid.

Instead I had Battletoads.

I loved that too.

I used to fantasize about toys that, when placed into a stadium, transformed you into the character represented and froze time so you could battle people via toy while taking advantage of your environment (say, throwing school chairs around) without anybody aging or getting hurt.

Ah... Good times...