The VG Resource
Gaming Lounge - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Gaming Lounge (/thread-20616.html)

RE: Gaming Lounge - Vipershark - 09-28-2013

(09-28-2013, 02:17 AM)Kriven Wrote: So I'm just wondering, what do you guys do with the boxes and packing material?

[Image: IMG_8490_zps65c50ac1.png]

excuse the dust, i haven't touched any of them in years since the cartridges are elsewhere

anything you can't see is probably either torn, bent/squished beyond fixing (like with pokemon yellow there), long thrown away, or has fallen behind that shelf

i regret not keeping my boxes in perfect shape
i have [some of] my n64 boxes on my bookshelf but most of them are in terrible shape. my snes boxes are basically all gone.

if they made official box reproductions i'd totally buy some

RE: Gaming Lounge - Goemar - 09-29-2013

Most of my N64 boxes are OK. The majority of the SNES ones are good.
Gameboy... not so much

RE: Gaming Lounge - Helmo - 09-29-2013

I don't bother with the boxes, unless they're cases that is. In which case (no pun intended) they're kind of mandatory.

RE: Gaming Lounge - Goemar - 09-29-2013

But how will you ever have a collection?

(Also Mega Drive/Genesis cases = the tits)

RE: Gaming Lounge - Helmo - 09-29-2013

(09-29-2013, 07:01 PM)Goemar Wrote: But how will you ever have a collection?

(Also Mega Drive/Genesis cases = the tits)

what do you mean

I just buy the carts

if it's a GBA game I put them in DS cases

RE: Gaming Lounge - Mutsukki - 09-29-2013

I don't care about game boxes either, unless they're something I really like (like Mother 3 or Rhythm Tengoku). All my cartridge collection and stuff have their own place in a box or something.

RE: Gaming Lounge - Kriven - 09-29-2013

"Collection" is such a personal term. I collect rocks and sticks from the yard. Worthless, but cool.

Likewise, I would never disparage another person's collection just because they collect differently or have different standards. To most people, the content of the games are what's important, so that's what they collect. They don't feel a need to have the extra material towering up in their lives, and that's just fine. It might not be the most purist of fiscally advised collection, but that doesn't make it of any lesser intrinsic import.

I used to have a number of organizational boxes for cartridge games. N64 and Genesis games always fit pretty well in audio tape racks, while NES and SNES games have gone through various up-standing racks that were probably made for DVDs or VHS tapes (and I think one was actually a small baker's rack, heh). Right now they're on a shelf waiting for me to have the money for Universal Game Cases, although since I don't have any working classic systems anymore (and am using emulators to play my backed up library in a tidier space), I'm considering hiding them away in the closet.

RE: Gaming Lounge - Mutsukki - 09-30-2013

I really like game cases! They have a lot of charm. But I really really can't bother on paper boxes and such, they all get horrible bent or something, and I can't stack them :C

RE: Gaming Lounge - Vipershark - 09-30-2013

unfortunately i don't have the room to properly put my things where i want since i live with my parents so if you look at my collection it appears to be pretty much randomly put wherever with no real rhyme or reason to it (i DO have an organization system, but it's OCD and stupid) so it looks like a mess

when i finally get my own place and get legit display cases and have room to actually organize and arrange my stuff, i'll make it look good
for now i just want it functional, more or less

RE: Gaming Lounge - Gors - 09-30-2013

I always wanted to collect game stuff but it is impossible where I live, with the money I have..

RE: Gaming Lounge - Lemonray - 10-04-2013

Wind Waker HD get.

:D :D :D

RE: Gaming Lounge - AuraLancer - 10-04-2013

Does anyone else here have PlayStation Plus? I paid them 40 bucks back in June for a year's subscription and they've been bombarding me with free games ever since.

RE: Gaming Lounge - Vlad Ⅲ - 10-05-2013

I have bombarded with free games much times. I once took an Ottoman village using stock of N64 consoles. Is very tough materials!

RE: Gaming Lounge - Koh - 10-05-2013

Makes perfect sense; Nintendo made some extremely durable consoles. You could chuck your NES against a wall and it'd still function properly.

RE: Gaming Lounge - Goemar - 10-05-2013

The NES barely functions in a dust-free environment as it is, never mind if you threw at a wall. It's also pretty much a big ass empty plastic box with a single board in it. So yeah - don't throw it against any walls. The GameCube is a much better choice of console to throw at things.

Also - why the hell is Dragon's Crown (UK release), Pokemon X/Y and Beyond 2 Souls all coming out at the same freaking time?!?