The VG Resource
Gaming Lounge - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Gaming Lounge (/thread-20616.html)

RE: Gaming Lounge - Gors - 01-04-2013

I also liked the original NSMB. The new hardware added a lot of cool elements and it was challenging, principally in the end. It felt like a natural progression from SMB3, imo (which a lot of people seem to love).

Anyway, I've been playing games very sporadically lately, I should play something this weekend.

RE: Gaming Lounge - Previous - 01-04-2013

(01-03-2013, 06:25 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: Yeah, if neat is dirty, underhanded and downright ridiculous. Why would ANYONE want to buy their games anymore if they did that? A consumer wouldn't even be able to feel safe using their product. What if something happened to a customer's system that was completely out of their control? Does their entire game library suddenly become useless?

Or am I misunderstanding, and does it actually mean that it will only read one disc for that particular game ever? Lots of similar problems with that too.

Yes pretty much this. You buy your game and put it into your system and will not be able to use that disc on any other system (If you're lucky, they bind it to your account instead so you could play it on another console if you log in with your account).

I just find it funny because that's one more reasons for those console hackers to do their doing. Region locks persuaded people to hack consoles before, and such a system may have an even stronger impact in motivating the hacking teams.

Besides, many people who buy used games probably won't buy new, full-prices software if they can't buy them used - no, they would just pirate them once the console is hacked that far.

I didn't play and NSMB, I'm just watched some videos on YouTube because the Illuminated Brothers have it on their play list. It doesn't look like a bad game, but I can see why people don't like it for being all the same all over again.

RE: Gaming Lounge - NICKtendo DS - 01-04-2013

NSMB2 is fun. The problem is the following:
The replay value is fake, because you're grinding coins for no reason and the difficulty is fake (Nerve-Wrack & Impossible Pack especially), because you only get one chance to clear 3 whole levels in a row. I have 9.999.999 coins, so for me, coins are worthless, which destroys the whole concept of coin collecting.
The whole game feels fake, which makes the game harder to enjoy. If Coin Rush was fleshed out more, with settings, highscores per pack and whatnot, it would have been a great game. Instead, it's good-ish. (The '-ish' draws the attention away from the 'good')

RE: Gaming Lounge - Mutsukki - 01-04-2013

NSMB2 is bad. It's fun, but it's bad. None of the levels are interesting. I dare to say that the level design this time isn't even good. It's based around a stupid gimmick, which Wario games are based of and do MUCH better. The whole game feels like it was put toghether without thought. Sometimes it's incredibly easy, others it's unintuitive. I liked the Wii NSBM and the original on the DS. The DS one because it was really "new" and all. The Wii one because the multiplayer does add to the game and it was fun. NSMB2 is just bland and boring. I have some hope for NMSBWiiU and from what I'm seeing, it looks like at least some advance from the Wii one, instead of being a simple rehash plus a stupid gimmick.

RE: Gaming Lounge - Gold - 01-04-2013

So Steam just keeps giving me spare copies of Dota 2. I have 6 spare copies now so give me a shout if you want one? Tongue

RE: Gaming Lounge - DioShiba - 01-06-2013

I probably wouldn't even bother picking up NSMB2 unless it was sold to me for a buck. actually, not even that, it'd have to be worth a penny. And not even the fact that it's a Mario game can save it from that.

I mean really that whole game seems like a massive insult to what Mario can do in a platformer and frankly it really disappointed me when I saw the trailer. It just showed me that Nintendo is really losing control of the Mario series and what to do with it. How it got decent reviews is beyond me but quite frankly, I just don't think it's really worth my money just to play a game where I have to get money.

I'm really disappointed with nintendo for that alone.

RE: Gaming Lounge - Gors - 01-07-2013

I've played Creative Minecraft with Kitsu and Zac.

What was a peaceful place with onsens and cute buildings turned into a burning hole of chaos.

RE: Gaming Lounge - NICKtendo DS - 01-07-2013

(01-06-2013, 05:12 PM)Mr. Popo Wrote: I probably wouldn't even bother picking up NSMB2 unless it was sold to me for a buck. actually, not even that, it'd have to be worth a penny. And not even the fact that it's a Mario game can save it from that.

I mean really that whole game seems like a massive insult to what Mario can do in a platformer and frankly it really disappointed me when I saw the trailer. It just showed me that Nintendo is really losing control of the Mario series and what to do with it. How it got decent reviews is beyond me but quite frankly, I just don't think it's really worth my money just to play a game where I have to get money.

I see where the disappoinment comes from, but I feel most are completely blowing it out of proportion to the point that my head explodes everytime I read the word 'rehash'.
Sure, you have every right to hate the game, it's your opinion. It's just the magnitute of the hate it gets that I find unjustified. It's decent, but fall way short. That doesn't mean it's the devil's bastard child that should've never been born.
I have to agree that Nintendo, or just Nintendo EAD, is being a big, moronic money-whore for releasing 5-10 Mario games in such a short timespan, let alone run 2 NSMB projects at the same time!
However, jumping into the conclusion the game is bad just because it's a rehash with a broken gimmick? Play SMB:LL. For some reason the 'fake' SMB2 gets more hate than a harder rehash of SMB1.
Or I'm just rambling nonsense, I don't know. Call me a fanboy if you want, I don't care. Just putting it out there.

RE: Gaming Lounge - Kriven - 01-07-2013

I've legit never seen Doki Doki Mario hated on.

RE: Gaming Lounge - Mag - 01-07-2013

OK, played FarCry 3. Man that game is awesome, the characters are just so intense, so deep-rooted and crazy, and the gameplay is honestly loads of fun. It feels almost like I'm cheating Ubisoft from all the stuff I get in the game, HUGE singleplayer open world mode, 4 player co-op mode, and online multiplayer.

RE: Gaming Lounge - Mutsukki - 01-07-2013

(01-07-2013, 11:54 AM)NICKtendo DS Wrote:
(01-06-2013, 05:12 PM)Mr. Popo Wrote: I probably wouldn't even bother picking up NSMB2 unless it was sold to me for a buck. actually, not even that, it'd have to be worth a penny. And not even the fact that it's a Mario game can save it from that.

I see where the disappoinment comes from, but I feel most are completely blowing it out of proportion to the point that my head explodes everytime I read the word 'rehash'.
Sure, you have every right to hate the game, it's your opinion. It's just the magnitute of the hate it gets that I find unjustified. It's decent, but fall way short. That doesn't mean it's the devil's bastard child that should've never been born.
I have to agree that Nintendo, or just Nintendo EAD, is being a big, moronic money-whore for releasing 5-10 Mario games in such a short timespan, let alone run 2 NSMB projects at the same time!
However, jumping into the conclusion the game is bad just because it's a rehash with a broken gimmick? Play SMB:LL. For some reason the 'fake' SMB2 gets more hate than a harder rehash of SMB1.
Or I'm just rambling nonsense, I don't know. Call me a fanboy if you want, I don't care. Just putting it out there.

While I think NSMB2 is bad, it isn't THAT bad like he put it. It's not insulting and it's most certainly fun. It's just boring and bland, that's all. But it works pretty well for a portable Mario

RE: Gaming Lounge - Zac - 01-08-2013

(01-07-2013, 08:04 AM)Gorsalad Wrote: I've played Creative Minecraft with Kitsu and Zac.

What was a peaceful place with onsens and cute buildings turned into a burning hole of chaos.

you forgot to mention the part where I burned kitsu's face off by making my cannon backwards

RE: Gaming Lounge - Keychain - 01-09-2013

(01-07-2013, 08:24 PM)Mag Wrote: OK, played FarCry 3. Man that game is awesome, the characters are just so intense, so deep-rooted and crazy, and the gameplay is honestly loads of fun. It feels almost like I'm cheating Ubisoft from all the stuff I get in the game, HUGE singleplayer open world mode, 4 player co-op mode, and online multiplayer.

Agreed, the game is fantastic.

RE: Gaming Lounge - Dear President Seinfeld - 01-15-2013

i haven't stopped playing skyrim since 2011, and i haven't run out of things to do either. someone help me jesus i need help

RE: Gaming Lounge - Keychain - 01-15-2013

I've played quite a lot of Skyrim as well, it can indeed be extremely entertaining for the longest time. It's literally the only game where I've spent an entire day playing without any breaks. (other than bathroom and food and stuff)

Me and a bunch of friends managed to play some 8-player L4D2. Hell of some fun.