The VG Resource
Gaming Lounge - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: Gaming Lounge (/thread-20426.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: E3 2012 Predictions and Theories - Koopaul - 05-31-2012

Oh. Actually you must realize that most people who are going to buy this product didn't see last years E3. So that doesn't really matter how they presented it at that point. The REAL marketing for this thing hasn't begun yet. You know TV ads and stuff.

The average consumer is an idiot, and the name of a product can mean a lot. Most people aren't going to buy this product based on what they saw last year. Little Timmy needs to hear about it from Johnny, or see it on TV.

RE: E3 2012 Predictions and Theories - Dazz - 05-31-2012

Well I've just gone and done it. I've done what I did for the Wii... I've been a total god damn idiot.

I've just looked into the Wii U a bit more and got myself hyped.

I hate myself.

RE: E3 2012 Predictions and Theories - PrettyNier - 05-31-2012

Quote: I like how they copy-pasted on the conceptual art too, it's like they didn't really want to do that, but they needed 3 new Pokemon fast.
the shading is different numbnuts

RE: E3 2012 Predictions and Theories - Gors - 05-31-2012

see, I've never thought about the klink line as a line that maintained idea integrity. Now that you mention it, my view about them is now a little better. Though I feel it still could be something more elaborated than a pile of similar gears.

also not trying to defend anyone, but the changes in shading is barely noticeable. It isn't copy-pasting, but... it's equally pointless.

RE: E3 2012 Predictions and Theories - Britt - 05-31-2012

(05-31-2012, 08:59 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Or atleast the "Nintendo U"

Something to make it sound different.

The Nintendo Wuu

RE: E3 2012 Predictions and Theories - Gors - 05-31-2012

Nintendo Wü

RE: E3 2012 Predictions and Theories - Garamonde - 05-31-2012

(05-27-2012, 02:40 AM)Maidsukki Wrote: Also this generations was good, yeah. Aside from the huge amount of FPSes we got, it had it's share of quality games. But my main reason for not wanting another generation just yet, is because I don't really want to buy another console, Nintendo needed it, but that's it.

I agree, too many shooters.
Also, Klink line is awesome TIA.

RE: E3 2012 Predictions and Theories - Cshad - 05-31-2012

About Klinklang:
Quote:Klinklang is based on interlocking gears, more specifically a combination of sun and planet gears, a bevel gear and an external gear. The Klink line's Shiny coloration may have been based on copper gears, as their noses have turned green as copper does when it oxidizes into such compounds as copper carbonate, forming a patina.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Klinklang_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_and_planet_gear
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bevel_gear
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gear#External_vs._internal_gears

Klinklang's design and animation actually drew inspiration from how real gears move, unlike the similar Pokemon Magneton, which is literally 3 Magnemites stuck together.

RE: E3 2012 Predictions and Theories - Goemar - 05-31-2012

(05-30-2012, 05:23 AM)MRSKELETON Wrote:
(05-29-2012, 02:06 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Oh geez just let someone like a game!

i'm really not comfortable with how many likes this post got by good people

look

here's what jason is saying in his own jason way
the game is bad; you've admitted it's shallow and dumb (it's dumb fun)
you can like the game all you want but you can still admit its bad

you can find enjoyment in a game like castlevania: lords of shadow but dont bring it up in conversations about Serious Game Design or This Is A Legitimately Best Title Ever™ lists

Yes it's a dumb shallow game but it's also extremely polished, well designed and fun with a strong combat system. It's universally praised as a good game so please stop acting as if all opinions which are not yours are "beneath" you and that any "educated" person would agree that God of War is bad. Castlevania is in the same genre (which annoyed a lot of people but that's a whole other can of worms) however the sheer difference in quality between the 2 games is obvious to anyone who's played them.

I would say that God of War 2 is one of the best PS2 games ever made (up there with Okami, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Gradius V). It's not as if this isn't an opinion held by many. Having this opinion does not make me stupid or other opinions I hold less valuable. Your in the 'universal opinion minority' here to, so maybe it's time you looked and thought "hmm that game is obviously good but just not my cup of tea" instead of "that game is fun but obviously bad and people who like it are wrong and are fools to see it as a great game."

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong (as opinions can't be) but your attitude in your post is quite frankly disgusting and hugely insulting regardless of your intention.

RE: E3 2012 Predictions and Theories - SKELTON S. SKELETON - 05-31-2012

how about all opinions (yours) which are not well thought out (yours) are beneath me
also seriously you are really pulling "well lots of people like it so that means it's good"
i can name a ton of things a large group of people like that are objectively awful,
also god of war and castlevania (except lament of innocence..) are more or less the same game with the same features and the same combat engines; both games are awful.
again, you should just admit that the game is bad by now and save us from jason posting a 3,000 word essay on how wrong you are
(not saying you aren't wrong((you are)))

goemar how do you ever reconcile admitting that the game is shallow and dumb and then trying to say that it's extremely polished and well designed
those are things that are literally opposite, i would even go on to say that both of those concepts are philosophically opposite on every level
or are you confusing videogames with literary matter, and saying that because the game has boobies and blood that it's shallow?

because i mean all of those points are pretty valid. it does have an awful combat system where none of the moves matter, that revolves entirely around finishing enemies with button-pressing guessing games and watching your character do actions that you can't possibly do in the actual game.
maybe it's time you looked and though "hmm this game is obviously bad but i can still enjoy it" instead of "this game is the best game ever and holds up all tenants of strong design"

RE: E3 2012 Predictions and Theories - Koopaul - 06-01-2012

As much as I'd love a debate on what merits "strong design" as you put it, I have a feeling that's something far too big to discuss in this topic... about E3.

So you know, let's save it for another topic.

RE: E3 2012 Predictions and Theories - SKELTON S. SKELETON - 06-01-2012

yo are you seriously getting bent out of shape that we're having a discussion in a topic

i mean, as someone who is a giant tool said before, isn't that what this forum is?? maybe im paraphrasing but i remember a giant ass tool who said very similar words in the pictures thread...
when you know we had that big discussion
and it was okay to let it get out of hand
because this is a forum about videogames

RE: E3 2012 Predictions and Theories - Kitsu - 06-01-2012

I have to say that, as interesting and possibly even educational a discussion on game design, objective quality, and subjective preference would be, I agree that it would probably be best to hold such a discussion in another thread, at least for organization's sake.

RE: E3 2012 Predictions and Theories - Dazz - 06-01-2012

So Konami pre-E3 show was kind of not bad.

Castlevania sequel for the worst in the franchise (imo) featuring Alucard who they will ruin.
And Metal Gear Rising looks sweet.

That's about it.

RE: E3 2012 Predictions and Theories - SKELTON S. SKELETON - 06-01-2012

Metal Gear Rising: Revengence is probably going to be the coolest or best thing ever