The VG Resource
SUPER ARISA WORLD - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Games Development (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-22.html)
+----- Thread: SUPER ARISA WORLD (/thread-20116.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Mutsukki - 10-28-2012

How about these two

[Image: Jackpot.jpg]

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - StarSock64 - 10-28-2012

Red oni blu oni;

Swept back vs front down hair

They're clearly opposites. And my understanding is that their personalities truly are opposite. So it fits. Their designs told me something.

What does arisa and her doppelganger tell you?

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Gors - 10-28-2012

crossposting from facebook:

As for now, I want to decide whether to make her taller or shorter; that'll be the starting point for now. I can't simply go and change everything because this character is not mine to begin with. The animations and personality are already set in stone, so to speak. I am aware that the stout bodies of bulletheads don't allow for a varied look like in humans, so I'll have to rely more in acting and text. This is fact. I'll be working more in this character though, I want this to be a silly parody game more than anything.

I know that I won't be changing her from being a bullet for now, as I've set a good part of her actions at the moment; I just want to see which body type is better, then I'll work from there.

tl;dr tall or short, leave the rest for me

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Cobalt Blue - 10-28-2012

(10-28-2012, 04:50 PM)Mutsukki Wrote: Let me ask you something, if they were both human characters would you complain about it like this too?
desing development is universal bro. all cars are vehicles with 4 wheels that move people around, but they do have to be diferent and need different aesthetic features to make them stand out from their counterparts.

its even more noticeable on human characters, hence why you get all these wacky hairstyles and dumb wardrobes on your regular animes.

while i'd personally pick the character on the right, we must remember it is ultimately gorsal's decision about what character he should take. and whatever decision he takes is the right one.

(10-28-2012, 05:03 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: Red oni blu oni;

Swept back vs front down hair

They're clearly opposites. And my understanding is that their personalities truly are opposite. So it fits. Their designs told me something.

What does arisa and her doppelganger tell you?

I wonder how much of that is result from you playing the game, but you're onto something, so I rest my case on this matter.

(10-28-2012, 05:05 PM)Cobalt Blue Wrote: desing development is universal bro. all cars are vehicles with 4 wheels that move people around, but they do have to be diferent and need different aesthetic features to make them stand out from their counterparts.

That's true. Something can be studied from that for this.

Well, I like the concept of not total polar opposites that Gors is trying to go for, but I also somewhat agree with the critique here

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Garamonde - 10-28-2012

I do understand Angie. I think if anything making her skinnier will differentiate her more.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Zac - 10-28-2012

I like the left one
its really fine that they are so close in appearance
bullet heads could be like smurfs, which were all differentiated by personality/superficial design aspects

in some aspects people really do all look the same anyway

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - NICKtendo DS - 10-28-2012

Took the liberty taking a shot at designing her, perhaps to inspire or whatever:
[Image: qVpjz.png]
When I wanted to make a bad guy for Bouncy Cat, it started off as 'Shadow Cat', which was literally a black Neko. Shadow Cat eventually became Waru.

(10-28-2012, 05:09 PM)Zac Wrote: I like the left one
its really fine that they are so close in appearance
bullet heads could be like smurfs, which were all differentiated by personality/superficial design aspects

in some aspects people really do all look the same anyway

Well, here comes the part that games aren't supposed to emulate real life, otherwise that would be boring and bland.

And in any case, that was exactly what my Dante/Vergil point was supposed to be, to which Angie had good points

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - StarSock64 - 10-28-2012

I've only played DMC2 for a short period of time at a friend's house and vergil definitely wasn't in the part I played. I guess I know their personalities from reading briefly online, but even before that I had that impression from seeing vergil's character art for the first time in UMVC3.
Red oni blue oni is very common and universal...but of course that's not the only direction to go in. They don't have to be polar opposites and their designs can still tell us something by convention. I remember trying to guess the k-on personalities based on appearances and voices...
Anyway, I wasn't trying to be rude about this whole thing, I just wanted to be as clear as possible. I hope everyone knows that.

I'm not sure if I have a short/tall preference. Probably tall, just because it'd look the most different.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Vipershark - 10-28-2012

I'm at work right now so i cant type out a text wall like you guys but I have to admit, I dont like the character either.

Arisa was created to be every anime girl stereotype in one (just look at her hair) and just looking at her you can tell she's a massive tsundere. Even sengi is obviously a pure, nice girl which you can tell just from a glance.

This new character just seems really boring and the mugi eyebrows can't fix that.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Zac - 10-28-2012

we've known arisa for a while now
I think we can all learn to love belle just as much if we just give her a chance to sink in

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Garamonde - 10-28-2012

I really like that first design Nick -- she looks like a real bully with similarities yet she's different.
But let's wait and see what Gors does with her.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Vipershark - 10-28-2012

(10-28-2012, 05:48 PM)Zac Wrote: we've known arisa for a while now
I think we can all learn to love belle just as much if we just give her a chance to sink in

Which is exactly the issue.

"This character might get better" != "This is a good character"

can anyone here give me a reason for why this character is actually good as opposed to how it might get better in the future

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Candel - 10-28-2012

[Image: 6AiTd.png]

But why does she have to be a bullet in the first place, an arrow wont work, but why not another type of projectile?