The VG Resource
SUPER ARISA WORLD - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Games Development (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-22.html)
+----- Thread: SUPER ARISA WORLD (/thread-20116.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - RokuGurin - 08-26-2012

I guess people are too impressed by the sprites to read anything. Big Grin

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Gors - 08-26-2012

the castle is irreparable the way it is. the only way to fix it is to redo it, and I don't feel like it, principally after having spent two hours to make a convincing replica of the castle of cagliostro. I'll work on it another time.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Previous - 08-27-2012

(08-26-2012, 06:10 PM)Gors Wrote:
(08-26-2012, 04:27 PM)Previous Wrote: The perspective of the castle does not match!!
I made that quite clear in the post
Sheesh Gors, how long have we been meeting now? I'd thought you'd now how I post by now... Take a closer look at the double exclamation point. I read your post, yes, and of course I could not hold back and just had to add that line after my actual points. You know I can't resist such a chance.
You disappoint me.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Gors - 08-27-2012

expected/10

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Terminal Devastation - 08-27-2012

(08-26-2012, 11:46 PM)Gors Wrote: the castle is irreparable the way it is. the only way to fix it is to redo it, and I don't feel like it, principally after having spent two hours to make a convincing replica of the castle of cagliostro. I'll work on it another time.

Something about the the irrepairable line and only way to fix it is to redo it sentence fragment is striking me as very odd, especially after looking at how Super Mario world handled Bowser's castle. The current version isn't that far off.

Couldn't you just do something like this (at a later time when you want to work on it):
(I hope you don't mind me making an edit, it just took less time than it would have to explain the whole thing)
[Image: editofthingnotbyme.png]

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Garamonde - 08-27-2012

Wait, perspective? I thought what everyone was talking about was the fact that it wasn't facing to the left towards the map, not the angle it was sitting on the rock.
Where do I get these nonsensical ideas? Welp. Now I see. In that regard, I actually think the castle looks fine. *gets hit by brick*

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Gors - 08-27-2012

(08-27-2012, 10:43 AM)Terminal Devastation Wrote: Something about the the irrepairable line and only way to fix it is to redo it sentence fragment is striking me as very odd, especially after looking at how Super Mario world handled Bowser's castle. The current version isn't that far off.

Couldn't you just do something like this (at a later time when you want to work on it):
(I hope you don't mind me making an edit, it just took less time than it would have to explain the whole thing)
[Image: editofthingnotbyme.png]

I like the edit you've made, but it's still not correct. Also I don't like Super Mario World's graphics at all, so I'd never use it as reference for things.

Seeing how the café is, the castle would need to be in the same top-down, 'pokémon' perspective (same as the bridge, that appears to 'twist' between the grass and the rocky cliff).

I'll try moving the tiles around to free more space to the right, and make the rocky platform according to the perspective, as well as the castle.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Garamonde - 08-27-2012

I just finished listening through all of SAW's current OST on your YT channel, and I loved every one of the songs. This song in particular is my current favorite:

By the way, is there an OST download anywhere?! I really want this music! Big Grin

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Hiynastrike - 08-28-2012

Can I be in the game?

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Virt - 08-28-2012

You haven't really posted your ref anywhere AFAIK so all we really have to go by is your avatar, which is, currently, flashing various different colors/patterns so we can't really tell what it is...

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Cobalt Blue - 08-28-2012

its not really a big piece per se, so i dont see how it could posibly be that "hard" to redo it.

fixing the castle's perspective aint much of a deal either, if you simply rearrange the towers and rework the walls to match them.

but then, it doesnt really need to be that "realistic" as long as its functional. it isnt like objects are set in a particular scale.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - RokuGurin - 08-28-2012

(08-28-2012, 06:02 PM)Trollerskates Wrote: You haven't really posted your ref anywhere AFAIK so all we really have to go by is your avatar, which is, currently, flashing various different colors/patterns so we can't really tell what it is...

Can my mascot be in the game? Cool

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Cobalt Blue - 08-28-2012

i dont see anywhere on the OP about this being an open project, or about people being able to "be in the game".

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - RokuGurin - 08-28-2012

(08-28-2012, 09:37 PM)Meta Wrote: i dont see anywhere on the OP about this being an open project, or about people being able to "be in the game".

Meh. I'm just trying my luck. Blank

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Gors - 08-28-2012

The issue with the castle is that it would need to be bigger considering the rest of the map. All in all, it's not difficult, it's just that I don't really feel like it at the moment, and I wasn't sure how difficult to implement it would be. Once I'm ready, I'll be updating the tiles.