The VG Resource
SUPER ARISA WORLD - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Games Development (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-22.html)
+----- Thread: SUPER ARISA WORLD (/thread-20116.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Gors - 07-13-2012

it's not easy making music without ears

i'll change that soon, when i have the time~

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Garamonde - 07-13-2012

It honestly sounds fine to me, just lower the pitch a bit on the parts where it gets higher.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Gors - 07-14-2012

lowering the pitch is not the best option imo because i want the melody to hit that note. though, i've decreased the instrument's volume and made the volume envelope less sudden so it doesn't hurt anyone's ears. thanks for the suggestion!

[Image: B6Dy2.png]

I have made the game's general level layout. This chart should explain things better than text.

You start on Level 1 (grass plains), and you can branch off to the athletic level (upper part) or underground (lower part). Beating any of the three floors will unlock Level 2, and so son.

Level 3 doesn't have a lower floor because I think the amount of 'levels' is enough. Also, it kind of compensates for the Level 4, which has no different layers (so I can group them in 3 groups of three levels, heh)

I wasn't sure where to put Starsock, because of the door kick ability. That forces the game to have some kind of city, which means it need to be at a surface level. I'm thinking to put her in Level 1, and make a couple of houses near the end.

Also those rectangles only show the general layout of the level. It doesn't necessarily mean the level needs to fit in a single 'room'.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Kitsu - 07-14-2012

Alternatively, she can bust doors in the ViperCastle?

I doubt she'll ever enter there because.. you know...

but i'll consider it!

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Gaia - 07-15-2012

Or bust open a secret warp zone entrance! (ala Mario USA/Doki Doki Panic, in which the doors appear magically)

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Cobalt Blue - 07-15-2012

(07-14-2012, 09:50 PM)Gors Wrote: [Image: B6Dy2.png]

I have made the game's general level layout. This chart should explain things better than text.

You start on Level 1 (grass plains), and you can branch off to the athletic level (upper part) or underground (lower part). Beating any of the three floors will unlock Level 2, and so son.

Level 3 doesn't have a lower floor because I think the amount of 'levels' is enough. Also, it kind of compensates for the Level 4, which has no different layers (so I can group them in 3 groups of three levels, heh)

I wasn't sure where to put Starsock, because of the door kick ability. That forces the game to have some kind of city, which means it need to be at a surface level. I'm thinking to put her in Level 1, and make a couple of houses near the end.

Also those rectangles only show the general layout of the level. It doesn't necessarily mean the level needs to fit in a single 'room'.
SMB2 had doors that were pretty much anywhere on the map

also, shouldnt clearing a stage on the alternative route lead to the next level's alternate route? unless it works in the same way as what metal slug 3 did with its branching path system(all alternate routes always lead back to the main floor, eventually).

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - MoneyMan - 07-15-2012

I think, perhaps instead of a lava cave in level 2, you could maybe have it be an ice cave? Maybe combine ice cave with lava? Or maybe move lava to be level 3's? I dunno.

Also I think that multiple levels could work in the castle. Like, have the top be the barracks, and the bottom be the dungeon (there are way too many ideas that could be used for this)?

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Gors - 07-15-2012

there is always a way to fit those ideas in the game, but I'm aiming lower so this gets done. I'll still consider it though!

also you always start at the main route, no matter what (exactly what you described in Metal Slug 3).

also update

[Image: jZUhp.png]

text font! is it readable? it's based off of my own calligraphy so this feels like a Nii Nii Zone comic Cutec

also includes rounder socks for angie.

FGSGFSFFGSGSFSGG i forgot the most important symbol

[Image: fMuG4.png]

U-uwah...

shouldn't you be sleeping :v

certainly.

but i suck at sleeping

thats certainly not a valid excuse, gors-kun.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Zac - 07-15-2012

(07-10-2012, 12:45 AM)Gors Wrote: as for the socks, it is purely design choice. I did a fully black sock for sengi~ before, but looked boring, so I added the stripes. I'll see if I can find a balance between design and readability.
I have to agree with meta on this one, but really I think all your problems can be solved with more interesting poses
[Image: humangl.png]

i'll think about it, i kept the same pose so the animation doesn't get choppy. Your suggestion looks heaps good!