The VG Resource
SUPER ARISA WORLD - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Games Development (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-22.html)
+----- Thread: SUPER ARISA WORLD (/thread-20116.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Sengir - 07-08-2012

recolorme for "how to use a starman or it's SAW equivalent" tutorial

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Vipershark - 07-08-2012

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the equivalent starsock (who works nothing like a mario starman)

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Gaia - 07-08-2012

What I would like to know as well, were there starman tutorials in Super Mario World? I need to play it again for clarification. But if anything recolorme would make a good yoshi.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - NICKtendo DS - 07-08-2012

Recolorme as Newtron from Sonic the Hedgehog. (Chameleon badnik)

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - recme - 07-08-2012

[Image: vVnpH.png]

fixed one on the right. many thanks to your edit ploaj.

me being yoshi sounds like a good idea...

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Cobalt Blue - 07-08-2012

it dont think so.

but you could be a random character running on the background.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Gors - 07-09-2012

^

i'll see where i can fit you in the game. but yoshi is a really weird choice:
• this, while uses SMW as inspiration, it plays more like the older SMB games (due to the small number of levels);
• the image of arisa/sengi~ mounting on you is somewhat disturbing (and even more disturbing if you imagine him sticking a 2m long tongue and gobbling vipergoombas down);
• there are no gimmicks that justify yoshis in this game, aside from abandoning you in midair to get a double jump.

but now that you've mentioned it, there will be toads (or rather, its equivalent) in this game.
  • this game has 4 levels, arranged in an overworld map, like SMB3's. Beating them will open up paths for other levels/bonus stuff.
    • though, this game doesn't have "secret exits".
  • toad houses are replaced with maid cafés. as expected, mutsukki is the host (HEH)
  • you basically need to choose between 3 treasure chests and get its power up.
  • NOTE: i don't know if i make it more like a shop, so you can buy extras.
ONE THING THAT I DON'T WANT IS TO MAKE SHALLOW NPCS. i want this game to have charisma. if i want someone that only says the same thing over and over, i'd rather make a sign.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - recme - 07-09-2012

to me, it does not really matter whether im in the game or not. i just wanted to try style for fun.

if you think i have nowhere to be in the game, thats fine with me. Smile

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Rosencrantz - 07-09-2012

Although,

(07-08-2012, 11:34 PM)Meta Wrote: but you could be a random character running on the background.

I kind of like this idea. What could be more charismatic and charming than to see some random tSR people randomly running around in the background (ie. Vic darting off into the sunset in his ship, Kojjiro and Guycott chatting it off in one of the haunted houses, Iceman wistfully floating away in the background after using a P Balloon)?

But, you know, getting gameplay and everything else down comes first. This is a low-priority-and-you-probably-shouldn't-consider-it-anyway suggestion that I wanted to throw out there !!

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Terminal Devastation - 07-09-2012

There's other ways than just as a background character or NPC to work in a cameo in marioesque game though. Statues, portraits, posters, topiary, fossils in undergroundy type places, fireworks, etc.

It wouldn't even be odd for one to just stick the face of someone on a hill or something.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Gors - 07-09-2012

large update today!

[Image: hfBLB.png]
  • Added human Sengi~.
  • Shaded human Arisa's skirt.

[Image: hSsZ6.png]
Made a new sheet for NPCs. You can talk with them in-game, or see them in action in cutscenes. To be honest, I don't even know if they'll walk or move at all. But one thing that I hate in games (mainly Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow) is that some characters have less frames than others. I think it's unfair for the main character to have 22 walking frames, and make the NPCs with only 4 frames. I want to make the NPCs equally interesting and lively than Arisa and Sengi~ is.

[Image: UQUwl.gif]
[Image: Q16PQ.gif]
[Image: eCA1d.gif]

[Image: m2oaV.gif]

[Image: UgXvK.gif]

[Image: pzzCs.gif]

[Image: aUg7x.png]
Made additional tiles for the gray block. It looks like a lot of different blocks, but they're just transitions for curves and stuff.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Cobalt Blue - 07-09-2012

those human legs look quite off to be honest. sengi's ones particulary look rather unnatural due to the lack of a visible knee.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Gors - 07-10-2012

thanks for the feedback

I think I fixed the problem, i think it was mostly due to knee placement/lack of knee.

[Image: GlAXR.png]

as before, C+C c:

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Cobalt Blue - 07-10-2012

arisa seems rather ok, but sengi now looks worse :V. it appears its due to the desing behind the legs: they seem to be rather thick compared to the hips, and the rest of the proportions on their bodies. if arisa for example is rather chubby, her hips should be a bit more wide(otherwise the legs look as if they came out magically from her skirt).

-now that i take a second look at it, the whole shading on her body seems rather odd as a whole. her chest looks displaced due to this, and the shapes arent as defined as they should(if she isnt chubby, it might be due to the way the vest was done)

in sengi's case, its all due the way you added way too many details on her kneesocks. seeing how the smaller sprites were designed, i'd make more sense for arisa to wear regular socks while sengi wears black tights.

why dont you just simplify it and go for a

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Gors - 07-10-2012

yeah, the human version isn't supposed to be as chubby as the normal sprites, but I didn't do them justice with the sprite. I'll fix them soon.

as for the socks, it is purely design choice. I did a fully black sock for sengi~ before, but looked boring, so I added the stripes. I'll see if I can find a balance between design and readability.

thanks for the criticism, metaru!

also was your post cut in half or something?