The VG Resource
SUPER ARISA WORLD - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Games Development (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-22.html)
+----- Thread: SUPER ARISA WORLD (/thread-20116.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Gors - 06-18-2012

lol, I was joking, I wasn't thinking on selling anything Tongue just wait and see~

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Gwen - 06-18-2012

Gors, just to let you know, I've almost got 1 whole sprite done...
ON TOPIC: Looking great guys, keep up the radular progress, and Gors the unused sprites gave me a few chuckles Tongue

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - alexmach1 - 06-18-2012

hahahagamemaker
its nice so far, but i didn't bother looking up the controls so i can only move and jump, and i think you should use some custom particle textures because the default is ugly and doesn't fit well.
also,

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Iceman404 - 06-18-2012

(06-17-2012, 11:14 PM)Gors Wrote: Ploaj, I noticed you have extra tracks in the music folder! I took the time to redo one of them with SMW instrument set!

i will redo the other when I have the time, if you want c:

Neko Boss Room.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Davy Jones - 06-18-2012

Original song?

yes, it's original(ly not mine)

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Garamonde - 06-18-2012

Unused Gilbert and Sengir sprites? I think they should be unlockable playables!

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Iceman404 - 06-18-2012

(06-18-2012, 11:31 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Unused Gilbert and Sengir sprites? I think they should be unlockable playables!

Yes, but would the Viper-Goombas still look up at them?

u_u

yes

I'll now make the equivalent sprites for sengi~, and maybe work on the power up sprites.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Gors - 06-19-2012

[Image: MRmVw.png]

[Image: RvxXF.gif][Image: RvxXF.gif][Image: RvxXF.gif][Image: RvxXF.gif][Image: RvxXF.gif][Image: RvxXF.gif][Image: RvxXF.gif][Image: RvxXF.gif][Image: RvxXF.gif][Image: RvxXF.gif][Image: RvxXF.gif][Image: RvxXF.gif]

a swarm of sengi~s..

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Star - 06-19-2012

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THIS PROJECT

AND HOW COME I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE
HNNNGGGGGHHHH

EDIT:
I just saw the warp-pipe while scrolling through pages..I now understand Meta's comment in my Mario Mockup Teaser topic.
COULD'VE MADE IT MORE CLEAR, BUT WHATEVER.

[Image: Ftiqx.gif]

I tested the level builder program, and I must say this works quite nicely! I made some hypothetical levels to see how well Sengi and Arisa would play. I didn't have enough time to test it, but I found a couple of things:

1-[Image: INMrR.png] jumping on top of that platform doesn't reach its max height and doesn't produce a sound. I don't know why.
2-Also seen in that pic, the moon's top-left corner has a dark gray spot.
3-Bumping the gray platform above, as well as dirt and any other solid block should produce the bump sound.
4-Going outside the screen from the top teleports you to the starting point. I guess it's for test purposes, but in the actual game, hitting the top side of the screen doesn't kill you.
5-The midair control for both girls aren't perfected yet; as for now, pressing the opposite side when jumping kind of 'brakes' them completely. Make them de-accelerate instead of abruptly stopping them. Same with releasing forward button while jumping; de-accelerate them instead of completely stopping them. Play Super Mario Bros as reference.
6-Walking off a cliff and attempting double jump as Sengi~ can result on her double jumping with the walking sprite animation.
7-Hitting a question mark block should produce a bump sound too.
8-Pipes can be longer and face different directions.

As for the actual demo,

1-the skidding smoke effects are moving for too long and fast, it should be something more suave.
2-breaking blocks should produce sound, but you know this. Also it gives you 50 points (though the score graphic doesn't need to appear).
3-Guy's sprites are resized. Also, he can NOT be stomped: doing so will damage you. The only way to defeat him is by throwing projectiles on him (minecraft blocks, koopa shells, fireballs etc [I'm gonig to make them soon]. Springs don't count, though).
4-Guy needs to come in and out from the pipe periodically when you're far from the pipe. Being near from the pipe will prevent him from coming out. (Please refer to Super Mario Bros' Piranha Plants).
5-Use the facing front sprites for 'going down the pipe' animation.

I'll also work on the effects so you don't use default ones. As for now, I think those are all the non-sprited visuals I need to make:

1-coin grabbing effect
2-vipergoomba death
3-guy death
4-snow flakes
5-BG mountains

Finally, I need all your additional graphic work:

1-Tilesets (dirt, snow, gray platforms)
2-Arisa bumping a block

and any other thing you may have done. I need to catalog them in the sheet and fix some of them (mainly the gray platforms: the corners doesn't look as good :I

I love all the work on this, Ploaj. Thanks a lot!

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Cobalt Blue - 06-20-2012

i am left to wonder that, if at some point, i should contribute with a sprite of myself as bowser.

RE: SUPER ARISA WORLD - Ploaj - 06-20-2012

Wow I sure missed quite a bit in two days without internet Very Sad

First about the random Melt and Nyanyanyanyanya tracks. I have absolutely no idea why they were in that folder Tongue
I guess when I was converting the tracks to oggs I zoned out and saw those songs somewhere and just added them.
Luckily I didn't add all 62 Miku songs I have.

@alexmach1
Any non custom effects and sprites you see now are placeholders Wink
I actually made a script similar to that when I used to put the demo in html5. That one appears to work better though, I'll try it out.

@Gors
Once again you've filled my to-do list. I've already made quite a few changes since I sent you the stage builder and posted the demo so some of them were probably worked out, and other things were because I didn't really know what was supposed to happen in those specific events so I just winged it.

And I'll post the all the tiles and things when I get to my computer. I'm surprised you even noticed the head bumping sprite Smile

Edit:
Those snowflakes aren't Game Maker's default.
The first sprite is the original sprite I made and the rest were created from blur effects.
[Image: a6HPh.png]

The hit head is just the hurt sprite with modified arms.
[Image: PH6Bd.png]

The tiles layout should be like this.
[Image: 9Ej5l.png]
The gray ones are just the ones you have on the main sheet not modified at all.

Here are the other effects I made if you want to revise and edit them.
[Image: p1XlU.png][Image: 8cI57.png][Image: OzJj1.png]

Sorry it's hard to see things because of the bright background.