The VG Resource
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-50.html)
+------ Forum: Submissions (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-53.html)
+------- Forum: Wii / Gamecube (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-76.html)
+------- Thread: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (/thread-20094.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - TGE - 04-16-2012

Jeesh what a long title Tongue
Anyways, Im back!
I haven't submitted anything after my laptop screwed me over.

So... let the roll begin!

Eggman, the only human that runs faster then Sonic or Super Sonic or even the Debug Ring!
[Image: eggmanicon.png]
As you can see there are various issues with the UV maps. It overlaps the border. I don't know how to fix that other then aligning them by moving them. I would love to know how to fix this.

RE: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - icthus7 - 04-17-2012

Hi!

I searched all over the web looking towards a model of Dry bowser
[Image: Dry_Bowser_MSOWG.jpg]
But so far I could only get the Mario Kart Wii
Which is low-poly
But I have seen that there is an H-poly
And this at the moment is in the game:
[Image: Dry_Bowser_-_Dry_Bones_-_Winter_Games.jpg]
Mario & Sonic Olympic winter game .
Please anyone could help me get it?

Even by the method 3DViaPrinscreen.

Please if anyone can help me to answer me here or message.

thanks

RE: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - alexmach1 - 04-17-2012

(04-17-2012, 07:15 PM)icthus7 Wrote: I searched all over the web looking towards a model of Dry bowser

is this a request? that isnt in the request forum?

RE: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - ~Axis~ - 04-18-2012

(04-17-2012, 07:15 PM)icthus7 Wrote: Hi!

Which is low-poly

thanks

1. You're clearly posting in the wrong place. Make requests in the Requests forum.
2. You're waaay off topic.Unimpressed

RE: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - TGE - 04-18-2012

Dude, you cant request if you dont have 20 posts and have been a member for a month. And also, don't request about other games in submission threads. Reported as request.
(04-17-2012, 07:15 PM)icthus7 Wrote: Hi!

Which is low-poly

thanks

RE: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - Tiberious - 04-19-2012

I can explain the 'overlapping border' problem...

What happens is that the Wii expects the texture to flip itself at points that are off the edges. The same thing happens in Brawl with the Alloy models.

Your best bet to fix this is to take the texture, open it in Photoshop, and double the canvas size, keeping the original texture in the middle. Paste the texture in and place it on the edges, flipping them vertically or horizontally (or both). Flatten the image before saving a copy, of course.

Now, back in your 3D app, take the UVs and scale them down by 50% towards the middle (Blender does this pretty easily).

It's a kinda ridiculous workaround, but it works.

RE: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - TGE - 04-20-2012

Thank you very much! It almost works flawlessly. The only problem is that 3ds max doesn't automatically scale towards the middle so I'll have to move it around myself. But it works and I'm happy about it.
(04-19-2012, 03:07 PM)Tiberious Wrote: I can explain the 'overlapping border' problem...

What happens is that the Wii expects the texture to flip itself at points that are off the edges. The same thing happens in Brawl with the Alloy models.

Your best bet to fix this is to take the texture, open it in Photoshop, and double the canvas size, keeping the original texture in the middle. Paste the texture in and place it on the edges, flipping them vertically or horizontally (or both). Flatten the image before saving a copy, of course.

Now, back in your 3D app, take the UVs and scale them down by 50% towards the middle (Blender does this pretty easily).

It's a kinda ridiculous workaround, but it works.

RE: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - ~Axis~ - 04-20-2012

This game is also for 3DS, right? Is it possible to rip models from that version. Those models are equivilant to HD type models.
This game is also for 3DS, right? Is it possible to rip models from that version. Those models are equivilant to HD type models.

No models can be ripped from the 3DS.....yet.. We don't even have full understandings of the newer DS format so how the hell could they already know the 3DS format? Tongue The Roms are encrypted so they cant extract them just yet.
(04-20-2012, 08:02 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: This game is also for 3DS, right? Is it possible to rip models from that version. Those models are equivilant to HD type models.

RE: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - ~Axis~ - 04-20-2012

Strange... Tons of 3DS roms are out there... HOW THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO READ THEM?!?!:@
Ok... I've calmed down now. So you mean that we still can't decrypt normal DS games?
Strange... Tons of 3DS roms are out there... HOW THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO READ THEM?!?!:@
Ok... I've calmed down now. So you mean that we still can't decrypt normal DS games?

We can but, the newer model format hasn't been fully cracked yet (Pokemon Black n White etc...) So we get corrupted models because the model file has been updated apparently.
And also, I'm having trouble with Low poly Eggman since he has multiple UV maps on 1 part.

RE: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - Sonic Konga - 04-20-2012

Oh the low poly Eggman is the 3DS and the high ploy Eggman is the Wii?

RE: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - Perseus - 04-20-2012

No, the 3DS CANNOT be ripped from
The high poly is used in cutscenes etc. and the low poly is used when you play as him

RE: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - Sonic Konga - 04-20-2012

(04-20-2012, 04:20 PM)Perseus Wrote: No, the 3DS CANNOT be ripped from
The high poly is used in cutscenes etc. and the low poly is used when you play as him

Ok ok geessh just a question. Wow then Wii models is really low poly.

RE: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - Garamonde - 04-20-2012

(04-20-2012, 04:53 PM)Sonic Konga Wrote: Ok ok geessh just a question. Wow then Wii models is really low poly.

He didn't mean anything by that.
So uh, I presume both the low and high poly models for the characters can be gotten in this game? Like, the high poly cutscene model isn't just rendered into the scene but an actual model? Haven't played the game so I dunno.