The VG Resource
tFR:SDtW Non Gors Workshop - NEWS! (05/31) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+----- Thread: tFR:SDtW Non Gors Workshop - NEWS! (05/31) (/thread-19628.html)

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Gaia - 02-25-2012

Oy. Let's try this again, shall we? Once again I might be missing the point here..

[Image: dwz3p2.png]

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Crappy Blue Luigi - 02-25-2012

it's better, but some places still have a lot of excess shading (hands, boots, eyes?)

the transition from his right (our left) shoulder plate to his right arm lacks contrast between the colors, so it looks like they're one thing. try adding some shadow from the plate or an outline

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - StarSock64 - 02-25-2012

I suggest you

-get rid of the white highlights on all yellow parts
-get rid of anti-aliasing as much as you can, use it very minimally
-get rid of these single pixel nonsense spots, like on the earpiece, the closer leg jewel, the farther thigh
-simplify the shading on the feet and hands

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Zadaben - 02-25-2012

Well, I'm having second thoughts about changing my ref, and after seeing the move list, I dont think I am ready to try that with a human, so I decided to give my lightbulb-bot another go as a more developed and, as robo put it, anthromorphized fighter.
Which colour do you think that I should use for his shoulders/feet/ may be hands if i dont make them silver?
[Image: k315zb.png]
Also robo, do you mind if I take your shoulderplates? I can remove them if you think it makes my guy look too much like yours.

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Hoeloe - 02-25-2012

idle.exe

[Image: dofBT.gif]

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Yo-Yo Boy - 02-25-2012

Made a new idle pose more suited for fighting.
[Image: Wboei.png]

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Garamonde - 02-25-2012

(02-25-2012, 04:10 PM)Sir Zadaben Wrote: Well, I'm having second thoughts about changing my ref, and after seeing the move list, I dont think I am ready to try that with a human, so I decided to give my lightbulb-bot another go as a more developed and, as robo put it, anthromorphized fighter.
Which colour do you think that I should use for his shoulders/feet/ may be hands if i dont make them silver?
[Image: k315zb.png]
Also robo, do you mind if I take your shoulderplates? I can remove them if you think it makes my guy look too much like yours.

Red.

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - [robo9] - 02-25-2012

I don't mind the shoulder pads. SOPA didn't pass, I can't sue you, haha

I'd honestly go with the red, but I can do all six as palettes because of the engine

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Gors - 02-25-2012

[Image: MYij2.png]

think simple

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Garamonde - 02-25-2012

I'd like to try spriting in this style but I'm already in the game so... welp lol.

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Jawnsunn - 02-25-2012

[Image: 48PyH.gif]
made an idle.

now to the best part.

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Previous - 02-25-2012

(02-25-2012, 03:20 PM)Bob Kitten Wrote: Can I be the assist that you hate getting because it doesn't do anything but is a waste of an assist?

[Image: thefartersresource.gif]
I love it.

(02-25-2012, 04:14 PM)Hoeloe Wrote: [Image: dofBT.gif]
This kinda reminds me of Gary Oak Wink

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Sol - 02-25-2012

(02-25-2012, 04:27 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: I'd like to try spriting in this style but I'm already in the game so... welp lol.

You could always try making your Mossy character as an assist. Nerd

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Crappy Blue Luigi - 02-25-2012

[Image: aQWNG.gif]

also

(02-25-2012, 03:20 PM)Bob Kitten Wrote: Can I be the assist that you hate getting because it doesn't do anything but is a waste of an assist?

[Image: thefartersresource.gif]

this is the best idea and i will be very disappointed if it doesn't happen

sengir for TFR's goldeen

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Hoeloe - 02-25-2012

(02-25-2012, 04:36 PM)Previous Wrote:
(02-25-2012, 04:14 PM)Hoeloe Wrote: [Image: dofBT.gif]
This kinda reminds me of Gary Oak Wink

Interesting. I can see why, though. A different hairstyle, and Gary Oak doesn't have a katana, but otherwise I do see the similarities.