The VG Resource
tFR:SDtW Non Gors Workshop - NEWS! (05/31) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+----- Thread: tFR:SDtW Non Gors Workshop - NEWS! (05/31) (/thread-19628.html)

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Chaoxys - 03-18-2012

So wait, how interactive can the stages be? I thought they were simple flat stages, but Chris2Balls's stage seems to prove me wrong on that. How interactive can a stage be? For example, could I make a stage in which the floor from time to time moves in different directions like a conveyor belt?

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - [robo9] - 03-18-2012

Unfortunately, I am unable to have any interaction between characters and stages

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Chaoxys - 03-18-2012

So just flat stages then? Mkay, works for me.

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Ekoi - 03-18-2012

Asking for the sake of others:

What of foreground elements?

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - [robo9] - 03-18-2012

Could you give an example of what you mean

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Ekoi - 03-19-2012

Foreground elements that might partially obscure the characters' layer that are part of the scene. Such as a flower field around the foot area or tree branches/leaves toward the top most area.

Also, in other news, I have little idea wtf I'm do'an here.

[Image: 4igf8l.png]

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - NICKtendo DS - 03-19-2012

At school, so working with crappy GM7 again.
Here's the window for the Space Ring.
[Image: XY0eG.png]

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Chris2Balls [:B] - 03-19-2012

Here's a preview of some of my animations, which still need a little refining:
[Image: gflVv.gif]
[Image: rxGOA.gif]
[Image: Vupk7.gif]
[Image: TAAS4.gif]

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - NICKtendo DS - 03-19-2012

[Image: HwMT1.png]
Assuming the Gors has been launched.

[Image: SsGc7.png]
This mock-up shows just how off the launch was.

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Zadaben - 03-19-2012

I love it, Nick!
Suggestion: Batterina should be knocked over where Gors would have hit her on the way out.
EDIT: In response to Mighty's post, her idea makes more sense.

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Garamonde - 03-19-2012

It looks more like she would be knocked out into space and be floating outside the ship.

The pluchies were put there afterwards in memory of the ever drifting Bullethead.
In hurrying panic, of course. The meteor is still coming!!!

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Zadaben - 03-19-2012

(03-18-2012, 09:40 PM)[robo9] Wrote: Unfortunately, I am unable to have any interaction between characters and stages

What about special assists that only appear in a designated stage? ie.: A Castle stage that causes a Paladine to come out every once and a while and attack people.

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Garamonde - 03-19-2012

(03-19-2012, 03:04 PM)Sir Zadaben Wrote:
(03-18-2012, 09:40 PM)[robo9] Wrote: Unfortunately, I am unable to have any interaction between characters and stages

What about special assists that only appear in a designated stage? ie.: A Castle stage that causes a Paladine to come out every once and a while and attack people.

I actually like this idea. Whether or not it'll make the game too complex/"crowded", I don't know.

RE: >>READ FIRST POST<< Fighters Resource:Spriters Destroy the World Non-Gors Workshop - Gors - 03-19-2012

yo, gors here

I am glad that you're still working on sprites, I really love all the progress that's being done so far.
Though, PLEASE, don't think big on the background.

THE BACKGROUND IS JUST A PRETTY IMAGE BEHIND THE FIGHT. THERE WON'T BE STAGE GIMMICKS, THERE WON'T BE STAGE PROPS INTERACTION, ETC. Think Street Fighter 2, without those drums or crates that crush when you throw your opponent.

ANOTHER POINT, SPRITE THE BACKGROUND WITH THE OFFICIAL PALETTE, THEN USE A SPECIFIC PROGRAM TO MAKE THE COLORS DULL. This is better than using the original colors themselves and it's easier than choosing new colors.