The VG Resource
Nick's Pixels'n'stuff - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+----- Thread: Nick's Pixels'n'stuff (/thread-18849.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Nick's Pixels'n'stuff - NICKtendo DS - 03-31-2012

[Image: DdoHR.gif]
Added 2 more frames.

Sheet as of now:
[Image: Nmmny.png]

RE: Nick's Pixels'n'stuff - Sonikku - 03-31-2012

seems a bit fast honestly and overall jumpy; i think generally with things like this its nearly impossible to make it smooth without multiple sprites like what sonic 2 did for the final boss

if you are working by general snes limitations, the current animation you appear to have now would be fine, if genesis (which i doubt you are) then you would likely use ball-like objects as leg segments to save space in the graphics, although if you were working with later snes games (yoshi's island, etc.) or gba game limitations, you'd be able to rotate and skew the leg segments and such to make it more smooth (such as certain things in the sonic advance series)

personally, i think the walking animation would work best with 8 to 16 frames as it is a fairly large object with a larger 'circle' the feet move in

RE: Nick's Pixels'n'stuff - NICKtendo DS - 03-31-2012

It's intended to be Genesis style, sans the limitations other than colors.

8 frames:
[Image: TYW5j.gif]

Sheet as of now:

RE: Nick's Pixels'n'stuff - Gaia - 03-31-2012

(03-31-2012, 03:40 PM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: It's intended to be Genesis style, sans the limitations other than colors.

8 frames:
[Image: TYW5j.gif]

Sheet as of now:

If it was intended to resemble the Genesis style, then have a look at Quackshot, a game I might rip soon. (3:22 is where actual gameplay starts in the video)

Notice the animation there, and how the frames are smooth in that game. That's saying something. Same thing with DeCapAttack and others, such as ToeJam and Earl.

RE: Nick's Pixels'n'stuff - Hoeloe - 03-31-2012

Kind of reminds me of a really old SA2 sprite of Tails I made a while ago, though that was Advance style. Honestly, I don't dislike it, but I think the walking animation seems a bit jerky with the top half of the legs. The bottom half is great, though.

RE: Nick's Pixels'n'stuff - saifors - 04-01-2012

I think you finally got it right it no longer looks jumpy and he walks on a more reaslistic speed now too

RE: Nick's Pixels'n'stuff - Butler - 04-02-2012

Just a quick observation, wouldn't the 'shine' on the glass move as its cabin moves up and down thanks to different angles towards the sun?

RE: Nick's Pixels'n'stuff - NICKtendo DS - 05-14-2012

[Image: pLYzJ.png]
Still W.I.P. The background is a placeholder (it's from the Bouncy Cat stage)
The activity in the tFR topic is a little on the low side, so I decided to make a tFR stage (not necisarily for tFR, unless there's enough demand and Gors approves).
Elements are taken from two of my game series: Custom Clash and Team Crashers*. Eventhough Splot is an assist, this is his stage, based on the first stage of Custom Clash 1, 2 and Team Crashers: Water Kingdom (Field).
The grid and barriers refer to Team Crashers's playfield, being a sidescrolling strip of land. In Team Crashers, the grid made it easier to navigate through narrow spaces and barrages of shots.
The trees are based on those of Custom Clash, which in turn are inspired by that of Super Mario Bros.
I plan to add more references to Custom Clash, like enemies and possibly Block Mountain** on the background.

*Team Crashers was made by me and Cyber Maroon.
**Block Mountain is a tomb similar to pyramids and houses the body and soul of Dropanchamon. This is in both Custom Clash games the second world.
Trivial fact: Bouncy Cat's gameplay was partially taken from Custom Clash 1 and especially 2 (the 'mouse to jump' gimmick).

RE: Nick's Pixels'n'stuff - NICKtendo DS - 05-17-2012

Just finished the Block Mountain background asset.
[Image: QCZvI.png]
Interesting to know is that the body of Dropanchamon lies at the lowest point while his soul awaits challengers at the peak. Splot first battled Guido (now his partner) poorly disguised as the soul of Dropanchamon here. He and Guido revisited the tomb when the robot doppelganger of King Oneye (the antagonist of Custom Clash 1), Phonitron, transformed it into his personal discotheque.

Progress:
[Image: 15XuT.png]
[Image: oZhCW.gif]
The red block thing is a Pyroblock. Pyroblocks are common enemies in Custom Clash 1 and 2, though the only harm they could do is not being there to bridge a gap. Bigger, three-eyed versions, known as Mega Pyroblocks (boss), are the only species able to attack, but even they can't move.
In tFR he is supposed to be cheering on the sidelines.

RE: Nick's Pixels'n'stuff - NICKtendo DS - 05-18-2012

[Image: eApW6.png]
[Image: fHXoH.gif]
Updated the background a bit (hills) and added an enemy: Blazing Dandilion.
Blazing Dandilions appeared in Custom Clash 2. They are plant-like turrets that shoot fireballs at nearby targets (kinda like Fire Piranha Plants from Super Mario Bros. 3 & onwards). Splot is safe underwater since the fire dies colliding with the surface.

Sheet:

RE: Nick's Pixels'n'stuff - NICKtendo DS - 05-29-2012

[Image: iLz6T.png]
I've created King Oneye, the main antagonist of Custom Clash 1. He is the ruler of Fire Kingdom trying to conquer the Water Kingdom, though he was slain by Splot believing he was immortal.
He went through a slight design change, though most of you don't notice it, mainly because I don't believe many have played the game, let alone have the patience to get to King with all the annoying physics.

RE: Nick's Pixels'n'stuff - Medevenx - 05-29-2012

I am having trouble distinguishing foreground from background and the animation of the flame flower is pretty bad.. If it's flame (because that's what I'm reading from it) it should burn more intensely. Also, maybe your hills can transition to the background a bit more?

RE: Nick's Pixels'n'stuff - Hoeloe - 05-29-2012

The front central horn has some jagginess going on, and it looks somewhat flat thanks to the shading. Might want to look at that.

Other than that, that looks pretty awesome.

RE: Nick's Pixels'n'stuff - NICKtendo DS - 05-29-2012

[Image: 5zRNB.png]
Better?

RE: Nick's Pixels'n'stuff - Bombshell93 - 05-29-2012

the knee cap to the right has unnecessary shading, the body lacks shading you could show a lot more depth. same with the fists and the forearm to the right. thats not to say plaster it in shading, just little bits here and there could show much more form.

EDIT: example
[Image: JnQDe.png]