The VG Resource
Castlevania - Requiem For a Dream (SOTN Sequel) - [IN DEVELOPMENT] - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Games Development (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-22.html)
+----- Thread: Castlevania - Requiem For a Dream (SOTN Sequel) - [IN DEVELOPMENT] (/thread-18319.html)

Castlevania - Requiem For a Dream (SOTN Sequel) - [IN DEVELOPMENT] - RazielNomack - 08-25-2011

Hello ppls!

Around one year ago, i started a project. This project is more than a simple game for me. Its a Dream. A dream to play a new story from the best 2D Plataformer Action RPG already released. Nothing after that game makes me happy. This is because all games now are based in only in the pretty 3D graphics and NOTHING of gameplay, and Nothing about history.

Im Web Developer, more than 10 years of computer programing. This game is in development in XNA plataform. Because my Job, Family and real life things, im stoped this work, for a time. But now IM BACK.

Well, lets talk about the game.

Realease Plataforms:
PC / XBOX 360
Type of Game
Plataformer Action RPG - 2D
Number of Players
Single Player
Realease DATE: 10/08/2012

Now, u guys, maybe asking to your self:
Q - "What this guy is talking?"
A - Im talking about Castlevania - Requiem For a Destiny. A Sequel to SOTN, with of course, Alucard as Main Playable character.

All history already writed, all gameplay already decided. The Engine is already Writed, using a combination of XNA and Farseer Physics.

Im already get all sprites from here (THANK U COMMUNITY, as BadBatman3, SMITHYGON and Others). Im in fase os resample/refactoring of this sprites. Im upscaling that to x2 and making good result with Alien Blow Up PhotoShop Plugin.

Examples:
Original:
[Image: Run.png]

Resampled With PhotoShop Resize
[Image: Run_Enlarged.png]

Resampled With Blow Up
[Image: Run_HD.png]

Scenario Already Resampled, and builded with Map Editor.
[Image: map.png]

Now I have around one year to put all togheter and makes all things work. Im stopped to update my blog, because its more one thing to waste my precious time. IM focused on this, and nothing will be stoped me now.

Cheers, and Im keep the journal in this topic.

PS.: Sorry for my english!

RE: Castlevania - Requien For a Dream (SOTN Sequel) - [IN DEVELOPMENT] - Gors - 08-25-2011

let me tell you that I totally dislike the HD graphics. It makes the sprite blurry and undefined, completely the opposite of what HD graphics are supposed to do.

if you want to have good HD sprites then you should:

1-keep the graphics as it is in-game;
2-manually add pixels to make it smooth.

But well, I do look forward to its completion.

RE: Castlevania - Requien For a Dream (SOTN Sequel) - [IN DEVELOPMENT] - RazielNomack - 08-25-2011

Thank u for the feedback. But its not my intention to make a CASTLEVANIA HD game. Its just to ajust from 320x240 Original resolution to 640x480. Its just a Upscaling. Im not a spriter. Just a developer.

Wink

RE: Castlevania - Requiem For a Dream (SOTN Sequel) - [IN DEVELOPMENT] - Proton - 08-27-2011

(08-25-2011, 08:21 PM)RazielNomack Wrote: Realease Plataforms:
PC / XBOX 360

Is the Xbox really a good idea?

I'm not under the impression that there's a huge field for people who play indie games that are available only through hacked Xboxes.

RE: Castlevania - Requiem For a Dream (SOTN Sequel) - [IN DEVELOPMENT] - Vipershark - 08-28-2011

Yeah, you can't sell this, so there's no way for you to get it onto the 360.

RE: Castlevania - Requiem For a Dream (SOTN Sequel) - [IN DEVELOPMENT] - Dazz - 08-29-2011

jtag xbox 360s can run unsigned code, and I know a number of people who have them. They are worth their weight in gold, since they are rare, but the community is very much looking for new content daily.

I'd like to think that you would come up with a good name though - since you've actually just proven that you're ripping off Requiem for a Dream's name in the title of this topic, while in the topic calling it Requiem for a Destiny and I think that RfaD doesn't really roll off the toungue like most Castlevania titles.

RE: Castlevania - Requiem For a Dream (SOTN Sequel) - [IN DEVELOPMENT] - RazielNomack - 08-29-2011

About XBOX 360.
I hope i can make a ISO for download, instead put it on Xbox Live, like a arcade game for pay to download. For port from Windows PC to XBOX 360 content, just i need its put some lines of code around X360 Gamepad.

About The Name. The Name OF game is Castlevania - Requiem for a Destiny. This its because alucard history in this game. Im realy envolved in make a gooooooooodddd history (well with free liberty). The topic is caled requiem for a Dream, because its my dream finish this project. No mater if graphics will be fail, or maybe nobody likes. Its my dream, its my project. I resolved anounce here in this comunity, because I want to thank all Rippers and Spriters, because without their work, but there would be impossible.

ANSWER: How i can convert this into a SPRITE SHEET like this

If someone wants help with this process, I will apreciated.

RE: Castlevania - Requiem For a Dream (SOTN Sequel) - [IN DEVELOPMENT] - Alpha Six - 09-01-2011

(08-29-2011, 06:51 AM)RazielNomack Wrote: About XBOX 360.
I hope i can make a ISO for download, instead put it on Xbox Live, like a arcade game for pay to download. For port from Windows PC to XBOX 360 content, just i need its put some lines of code around X360 Gamepad.
I don't think you understand.

You can't sell this. You don't own the rights to Castlevania, so you can't legally sell this, no matter what.

RE: Castlevania - Requiem For a Dream (SOTN Sequel) - [IN DEVELOPMENT] - RazielNomack - 09-01-2011

(09-01-2011, 10:30 AM)Alpha Six Wrote: I don't think you understand.

You can't sell this. You don't own the rights to Castlevania, so you can't legally sell this, no matter what.

But i Will not Sell. I only will make a ISO for download. IF this iso only will run on XBOX 360 "unblocked", this is not with me.