The VG Resource
NAVIGATOR - Fast-Paced Puzzle Action [OUT NOW!] - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: NAVIGATOR - Fast-Paced Puzzle Action [OUT NOW!] (/thread-18223.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

NAVIGATOR - Fast-Paced Puzzle Action [OUT NOW!] - Alpha Six - 08-14-2011

I guess the original topic got eaten by the database, so...

NAVIGATOR is a puzzle game being designed for the PC, with the XBOX 360, Windows Phone 7, and the iPhone for later release. The gameplay can be compared to a cross between an upside-down Bust-a-Move with elements from Tetris Plus, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, and Puyo Pop/Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. It is also the first game to reach playable beta by my developer "group", PixelxCore Independent Gaming.

The goal of the game is to keep your player character on your playing field safe from harm. You do this by keeping your game field as low as possible so he doesn't get squished by the ceiling-- this is done by shooting colored blocks at the field of colored blocks under the player character and matching up colors.

NAVIGATOR uses a dual-style control format, as you control both the player character and the “cannon” object that fires blocks down onto the screen. There are also cooperative and competitive options.

There are 4 confirmed gameplay modes: Endless Mode (a neverending wave of blocks as you see how long your player can survive), Competitive Mode (2-4 players play against each other to make the other player's character die first), Puzzle Mode (predetermined fields that must be solved by navigating your player character to a goal, as the roof slowly falls), and Puzzle Challenge (a twist on Puzzle mode that adds additional rules to each puzzle for further difficulty).

GET THE BETA HERE! (updated 6/9/2011)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO READ THE README EXTENSIVELY BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO PLAY. OTHERWISE, IT IS LIKELY THAT YOU WILL ENCOUNTER GAME CRASHES.

The beta version of Navigator only includes Endless mode.

MISCELLANEOUS SCREENSHOTS:

NAVIGATOR - Starter's Guide (LARGE IMAGE WARNING!)
[The Starter's Guide is also included in the beta, in a non-JPG format.]

NAVIGATOR OST - Decision (Main Menu)

NAVIGATOR OST - Gear Shuffle (Field of Cogs)

Navigator runs at a 960x640 resolution. If your PC cannot run a game of this resolution (for some reason), you may have trouble playing the game.

Preorder Navigator from Desura! Do it before October and save 10%!

Navigator will include an online mode as a free update a few months after its release.

RE: [IN DEVELOPMENT][PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!] NAVIGATOR - Fast-Paced Puzzle Action - Phantom Killah - 08-15-2011

Game is really awesome so far. It took me a while to figure out that I had to push shift to push blocks, the readme still says it's spacebar.

RE: [IN DEVELOPMENT][PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!] NAVIGATOR - Fast-Paced Puzzle Action - Alpha Six - 08-15-2011

Thanks for catching that; will fix that error soon.

RE: [IN DEVELOPMENT][PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!] NAVIGATOR - Fast-Paced Puzzle Action - DioShiba - 08-15-2011

Looks awesome so far judging from the screen shots.

I'll have to try it out once I get my new computer.

RE: [IN DEVELOPMENT][PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!] NAVIGATOR - Fast-Paced Puzzle Action - Alpha Six - 09-09-2011

I'll just let you guys know ahead of time so you can get excited and prepare yourselves...

Navigator preorders will be set-up on Desura in about a week!

http://www.desura.com/

It's basically Steam for indie developers. Download it, spread the word, and get ready for the full product!

RE: [IN DEVELOPMENT][PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!] NAVIGATOR - Fast-Paced Puzzle Action - Alpha Six - 09-10-2011

We now have a release date for Navigator confirmed! The new official release date is October 22, 2011!

Navigator will be releasing digitally via Desura. We will be setting up pre-orders via Desura, as well, which you will be able to do in a few days!
While you wait, head to the Desura website and download Desura + register an account!

We do not have a release date for the WP7 version yet.

RE: [IN DEVELOPMENT][PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!] NAVIGATOR - Fast-Paced Puzzle Action - Alpha Six - 09-15-2011

BOY, YOU GUYS SURE ARE EXCITED. AngryCCC

There's an update coming today/tomorrow involving the Competitive Mode! We are currently in the process of finalizing it; bugtesting starts tomorrow.

RE: [IN DEVELOPMENT][PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!] NAVIGATOR - Fast-Paced Puzzle Action - Phantom Killah - 09-15-2011

I'm excited!

RE: [IN DEVELOPMENT][PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!] NAVIGATOR - Fast-Paced Puzzle Action - Alpha Six - 09-15-2011

Who likes treats? I know I do.

So go ahead and direct yourself to this link and download the Navigator OST!

Name your own price and get to downloading! Spread the link to everyone and let's get ready for the October 22nd release!

RE: [IN DEVELOPMENT][PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!] NAVIGATOR - Fast-Paced Puzzle Action - Boo - 09-15-2011

Calm down, you act like this is your first game release wow. Haha just kidding, but good job on this man, the style is sweet.

Who made the music? And with what program?

RE: [IN DEVELOPMENT][PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!] NAVIGATOR - Fast-Paced Puzzle Action - Alpha Six - 09-16-2011

The music is composed by GreenDragonXIII, who is currently our main composer at PxC. I'm not sure what program he uses; probably FL Studio.

RE: [IN DEVELOPMENT][PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!] NAVIGATOR - Fast-Paced Puzzle Action - Garamonde - 09-16-2011

How many songs did Gors make? Only the Main Menu? That's such a nice song.

RE: [IN DEVELOPMENT][PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!] NAVIGATOR - Fast-Paced Puzzle Action - Sol - 09-16-2011

The soundtrack is great. Can't wait for the game to release!

RE: [IN DEVELOPMENT][PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!] NAVIGATOR - Fast-Paced Puzzle Action - Alpha Six - 09-18-2011

Update!

Competitive Mode is 100% functional... however, attacking is a little overpowered right now, haha. I didn't think the "attacking equation" through and attacks are HUUUUUGE.

We'll be working on a new one soon. Videos of Competitive Mode will be coming up soon! I'm also going to be spending a little bit of my own time doing some system/graphics updates.

Stay tuned.

RE: [IN DEVELOPMENT][NOW AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER!!!] NAVIGATOR - Fast-Paced Puzzle Action - Alpha Six - 09-20-2011

YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR IT!

NAVIGATOR IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER ON DESURA!

Preorder it before October 1st and get 10% off!