The VG Resource
Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread (/thread-17941.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Videogames that you hate - Garamonde - 07-22-2011

Well, I haven't played the game in like 8/9/10 years so I don't remember these things. It might be harder than I'm thinking, IDK.
I'm waiting very anxiously for it to come to VC though. I have some wonderful memories with it. Especially Battle Mode with throwing people around!!
(I probably will keep up with this thread though, I try not to let what others say bother me. I know it's how they feel after all, like I don't like Gunstar Heroes though I'm sure someone here does)

RE: Your Top 10 Worst Video Games - Zac - 07-22-2011

(07-22-2011, 03:19 AM)CO2 Wrote: to be fair, most if not all n64 games have aged horribly, visually speaking.

though music wise and gameplay wise smb64 being bad? are we speaking of the same game?
I'm pretty sure that any love for the music is pure nostalgia, the only good songs are the bowser themes
the rest are all campy and predictable

also I think my main hang up with the game play is the stupid ways you die
you take so much from fall damage
and my god the jumping is just awful, it's inaccurate and is the main cause of death for any new player

I know that so many people love the game that most of you probably won't take this post seriously, but anyone who thinks 64 is better then sunshine or especially galaxy should really reconsider

maybe i'm being unfair though, all the n64 games I grew up playing aged well, like the pokemon games and the zelda and rareware ones

RE: Videogames that you hate - Cobalt Blue - 07-22-2011

i doubt anyone would consider it better than sunshine or even galaxy, that would be nonsense.}

but just like in bomber64, its nowhere as bad as you think it is. maybe if you gave it a try now since you aged a bit, and your skills have improved, you'd realise that, for its age, it shows why it was the very foundation of all the 3D platformers that followed after him.

RE: Videogames that you hate - TheWolfBunny - 07-24-2011

Bram Stoker's Dracula is one of the worst games ever.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Chris2Balls [:B] - 07-24-2011

(07-24-2011, 02:20 PM)TheWolfBunny Wrote: Bram Stoker's Dracula is one of the worst games ever.
Okay.

Why do you think that?

I have never felt any hatred for any game, I wouldn't go as far as that. Sure, I can give a list of games I dislike but I've never played a game I hate.

RE: Videogames that you hate - TheWolfBunny - 07-24-2011

(07-24-2011, 03:22 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote:
(07-24-2011, 02:20 PM)TheWolfBunny Wrote: Bram Stoker's Dracula is one of the worst games ever.
Okay.

Why do you think that?

I have never felt any hatred for any game, I wouldn't go as far as that. Sure, I can give a list of games I dislike but I've never played a game I hate.

Okay, why do I hate it? It's horrible. Here are 5 reasons:
1: They ripped off the question blocks from the Mario games.
2: The bosses are lame.
3: They have floors that can turn into spike pits.
4: It has a sequence with Dracula's wives you can't fight with.
5: The credits DON'T have a theme.

RE: Your Top 10 Worst Video Games - Devicho - 07-24-2011

(07-22-2011, 06:03 PM)Zac Wrote: you take so much from fall damage
Ground pound before you hit the ground and you don't take any damage.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Shawn - 07-24-2011

(07-24-2011, 03:26 PM)TheWolfBunny Wrote: Okay, why do I hate it? It's horrible. Here are 5 reasons:
1: They ripped off the question blocks from the Mario games.
2: The bosses are lame.
3: They have floors that can turn into spike pits.
4: It has a sequence with Dracula's wives you can't fight with.
5: The credits DON'T have a theme.
1. Ok? So what?
3. Difficulty? Yeah screw that!
4. ???
5. HOW DARE THEY? NOT MAKING A SONG FOR SOMETHING YOU PROBABLY WON'T WATCH? SCREW THEM!

RE: Videogames that you hate - Kriven - 07-24-2011

SM64 is better than both Sunshine and Galaxy in my opinion. I just have more fun playing it.

As for games I hate? I don't really hate any games, there are just some i don't enjoy playing.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Garamonde - 07-24-2011

I haven't played SM64 in so many years I couldn't exactly compare them. But seriously, counting out 64 it's Sunshine and then Galaxy. It got better and better with each game.

Again I also don't hate or strongly dislike any games unless it were a game I haven't played for which case it'd be Act Zero.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Cobalt Blue - 07-24-2011

(07-24-2011, 03:22 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote:
Okay.

Why do you think that?

because the avgn told him to.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Vipershark - 07-24-2011

act zero really isn't that bad

hard? oh my fucking god yes this game is brutally difficult
bad? not /nearly/ as bad as it's made out to be.

Of course there are (many) things that could be improved, but it's just a regular old bomberman game with grimdark graphics

dare i say it actually gets kind of fun once you start getting powerups

RE: Videogames that you hate - Garamonde - 07-24-2011

Well the game itself probably isn't that bad, I just can't fathom why they'd make a character like that and call it Bomberman.

I should probably try to forget that though, since we know it isn't actually part of the BM world.

Anyhow, I don't really "dislike" them but I'm really not into those space shooter type games for some reason. They were never interesting to me.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Rakia - 07-24-2011

I dislike Call of Doodie
mostly because of the online

also holy shit, why did I come into this topic and see
Ocarina of time and tales of symphonia?

i'm sorry your opinions are invalid now!

RE: Videogames that you hate - Kriven - 07-24-2011

Act Zero actually takes place in the future of Bomberman continuity. It's basically Bomberman X.