The VG Resource
Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread (/thread-17941.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Videogames that you hate - Azure-Tranquility - 12-22-2011

(12-22-2011, 07:58 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: what is this for a gremlin dragon thing? This could be a original character if they change the colours, but this is not really Spyro to me.

Skylanders, in general, is more of a new IP than a reboot. Activision tried to do both, but failed at the latter.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Chibi - 12-23-2011

(12-21-2011, 12:51 AM)Whack-Dat-Yoshi Wrote:
(12-21-2011, 12:26 AM)Kat Wrote: Honestly I hate what Spyro has become but I still have fond memory of the first 3 games.
If you enjoyed them, you'll probaly like A Hero's Tail. It's basically the originals, but there are no lives, and the level structure is different. It has multiple playable characters much like Year of the Dragon, but each character offers something almost completely different. The only minor complaint I had was that the "main theme" was repeated too much throughout the soundtrack, but there are a couple songs that are a delight, such as;

I am going to have to strongly disagree with this. I played the original PSX, then Enter the Dragon Fly, and that one and everything past that just went in a downward spiral. Hero's tale was no exception. The game deleted its own save data in a weird glitch when I played it to save me the time.

RE: Videogames that you hate - TheWolfBunny - 12-23-2011

God, Bram Stoker's Dracula sucks, it fucking sucks.

RE: Videogames that you hate - walhaz - 12-23-2011

naruto: ninja council on the GBA
good lord

RE: Videogames that you hate - Azure-Tranquility - 12-23-2011

(12-23-2011, 09:12 PM)Chibi Wrote:
(12-21-2011, 12:51 AM)Whack-Dat-Yoshi Wrote:
(12-21-2011, 12:26 AM)Kat Wrote: Honestly I hate what Spyro has become but I still have fond memory of the first 3 games.
If you enjoyed them, you'll probaly like A Hero's Tail. It's basically the originals, but there are no lives, and the level structure is different. It has multiple playable characters much like Year of the Dragon, but each character offers something almost completely different. The only minor complaint I had was that the "main theme" was repeated too much throughout the soundtrack, but there are a couple songs that are a delight, such as;

I am going to have to strongly disagree with this. I played the original PSX, then Enter the Dragon Fly, and that one and everything past that just went in a downward spiral. Hero's tale was no exception. The game deleted its own save data in a weird glitch when I played it to save me the time.

Never happened for me, and I've played through it at least three times to my memory.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Garamonde - 12-23-2011

Really, the only glitch I've encountered regarding save files is when I wanted to start a new game as Ember, I accidentally started the file without selecting her first, and I reset during the intro cutscene because I didn't wanna watch it, and when I started up the game, all my unlockables and extras were gone. My adventure data was still the same but I lost all the Dragon Eggs and Light Gems I worked hard to get. Needless to say, it turned me off for some time, but a few months ago I started another game, completed it 100% and have started a new save as Ember. I haven't played in probably two months now though.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Azure-Tranquility - 12-24-2011

(12-23-2011, 11:28 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Really, the only glitch I've encountered regarding save files is when I wanted to start a new game as Ember, I accidentally started the file without selecting her first, and I reset during the intro cutscene because I didn't wanna watch it, and when I started up the game, all my unlockables and extras were gone. My adventure data was still the same but I lost all the Dragon Eggs and Light Gems I worked hard to get. Needless to say, it turned me off for some time, but a few months ago I started another game, completed it 100% and have started a new save as Ember. I haven't played in probably two months now though.
Actually that rings a bell for some reason.

Still, if something like that did happen, I probaly wouldn't notice until I got the urge to replay the game, so if it did happen whoop dee doo cause I was going to replay it anyway.

Didn't know you could start a new file with Ember or Flame, but I thought they were just skins?

RE: Videogames that you hate - Garamonde - 12-24-2011

Yeah, they're just the character models, but still. Gives me an excuse to play the game again two more times for a while. Tongue

Though I wish they would've at least put in their hurt voices or something like that (when you attack them), but I guess that would've been too much for a minor extra.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Davy Jones - 12-24-2011

The only weird thing for me was a lag near the coral reef, never experienced deleted savefiles.
But yeah, I must admit the music and the graphics were very good.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Cobalt Blue - 12-25-2011

spyro & crash bandicoot > Rayman.

anyday, anytime. anywhere.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Proton - 12-26-2011

(12-25-2011, 10:27 PM)M9999 Wrote: spyro & crash bandicoot > Rayman.

anyday, anytime. anywhere.

Rayman Origins > Skylanders and no new Crash games.

November 15th, 2011. Everywhere.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Cobalt Blue - 12-26-2011

i believe that was a typo, i was meant to be

crash & spyro < rayman.

hell, rayman 2 beats the shit out of any spyro or crash bandicoot ever made thanks to its artwork, let alone its gameplay.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Gors - 12-26-2011

I also never was into Rayman, but I always liked him more as a character than Spyro and Crash. Also I really like how Rayman Origins is turning out, definitely going to try it out when I have the opportunity (probably never but w/e)

RE: Videogames that you hate - Garamonde - 12-26-2011

I hate those Rabbids...

RE: Videogames that you hate - Azure-Tranquility - 12-26-2011

I played the original Rayman on PS1. While it was hard as shit, even at my young age I could admit is was a well-made game.

But holy shit, Rayman Origins. It's like they took that game I sort of enjoyed in my youth, fixed EVERYTHING wrong with it, added a shit ton of new content, four player co-op, and and...

Argh, this was definitely a sleeper hit for me this year. Big Grin