The VG Resource
Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread (/thread-17941.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Videogames that you hate - Azure-Tranquility - 12-19-2011

(12-19-2011, 04:45 PM)Kat Wrote: I'm allowing the necropost.

It's one of the exception threads.
What are the other exceptions? Rolleyes

RE: Videogames that you hate - Maxpphire - 12-19-2011

Thats that are insanely popular that it's easy to add discussion to.

Most of the threads in the Real life section, video games you love and hate, favorite video game music, game thread with new information about the game added, submission threads, art threads provided that you're updating with art (doubleposting also allowed), and other general threads that it is easy to add content to.

Provided that you know, you're actually providing new content, which this person did.

I even noticed his post yesterday, so yeah. He was allowed to do this. I'm not going to give him an unfair punishment I wouldn't give other people. If you, Jason, Tyvon, Gillian, and other well known people on here did the same thing, I wouldn't warn them and lock it so why do it to the newguy?

RE: Videogames that you hate - Garamonde - 12-19-2011

Just like how Kat let me revive the "What are you playing?" thread, because it was a good subject and people will always have something new to post there.

(12-19-2011, 05:34 PM)Kat Wrote: I even noticed his post yesterday, so yeah. He was allowed to do this. I'm not going to give him an unfair punishment I wouldn't give other people. If you, Jason, Tyvon, Gillian, and other well known people on here did the same thing, I wouldn't warn them and lock it so why do it to the newguy?
Because it seems to be only newbies who are necroposting, for some odd reason. I dunno it seems like the prime time to make an example, even if it is adding content. I've seen plenty of necroposts that added content, but threads were still locked regardless.

Except the fact that this really isn't considered a necropost but adding new content to an already existing thread instead of making a brand new thread.

And in most of the cases when new content was added, it was actual new content and not just what new people (or you even) thought was new content but actually added nothing to the conversation, there is a difference.

Are you really going to argue with me about this?

(12-19-2011, 08:02 PM)Kat Wrote: Except the fact that this really isn't considered a necropost but adding new content to an already existing thread instead of making a brand new thread.

Are you really going to argue with me about this?
I could, but it wouldn't benefit anyone, so I won't.

Just going to say, it's ok to admit when you are wrong, I do it too when I act too harshly on others. There is a reason why I'm actually part of the staff here and you are not. Also nice post edit, don't worry I edited mine right back to fit yours.

If you really have any more issues or concerns please reply to me in PMs. Do not post here about it otherwise you will get warned.

ANYWAY games I hate? Crash Bandicoot. There some something about him that I just couldn't get into as a child, I was more of a Spyro gal. Crash to me seemed to be kinda dumb, not dumb as in "oh this game looks stupid" but dumb as in "What is Crash 3 years old? Of course he is talking about you! Duh. Don't point to yourself and just stare quizzically at the mask telling you to save the world, just go and get ready to do it already. Even Link is a mute and isn't as dumb as you are, god."

(12-19-2011, 08:56 PM)Kat Wrote: Crash Bandicoot. There some something about him that I just couldn't get into as a child, I was more of a Spyro gal.

This. Also, Donkey Konga 2. It's not terrible but it lacked the charm of the original and a lot of the songs were those boring "contemporary" songs and not the cool ones like Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Turkish March and those others. I'm actually considering selling it one day, but perhaps I'll give it another shot eventually.

Ehh, I've thought of selling Donkey Konga 2 as well, but seeing what its resale value is, I don't think it's worth it.
It may not have any Nintendo songs, but its main theme is better than the first one's, and thankfully I'm also a Smash Mouth fan so I can go back and play All Star even though it's a subpar remix.

And hating Crash Bandicoot because he seemed like he was 3? Missing the point... he's supposed to be dumb but lovable, I mean you have to consider he was mutated from an ordinary animal, the intelligence of which isn't even equal to that of a dog.

Well, maybe I'm being a bit harsh on it, but even still, I tried to play that Gorilla level and it was practically impossible. I'd essentially be stuck playing the easier levels if I was playing purely to kill time and have fun. Though I'll have to give it another try before making a final judgement since it's been years since I played last.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Maxpphire - 12-20-2011

(12-19-2011, 10:32 PM)Whack-Dat-Yoshi Wrote: Ehh, I've thought of selling Donkey Konga 2 as well, but seeing what its resale value is, I don't think it's worth it.
It may not have any Nintendo songs, but its main theme is better than the first one's, and thankfully I'm also a Smash Mouth fan so I can go back and play All Star even though it's a subpar remix.

And hating Crash Bandicoot because he seemed like he was 3? Missing the point... he's supposed to be dumb but lovable, I mean you have to consider he was mutated from an ordinary animal, the intelligence of which isn't even equal to that of a dog.

That was my exact thoughts when I was like 10 years old, I just couldn't get into him because he seemed just below me and what I could do as a gamer.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Azure-Tranquility - 12-20-2011

(12-19-2011, 11:00 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Well, maybe I'm being a bit harsh on it, but even still, I tried to play that Gorilla level and it was practically impossible. I'd essentially be stuck playing the easier levels if I was playing purely to kill time and have fun. Though I'll have to give it another try before making a final judgement since it's been years since I played last.
If you try it again and still not like it, it would be better to give it to a friend or family member than settle for pocket change.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Gors - 12-20-2011

I also can't, for some reason, play Crash, nor Spyro. I don't know if that's because I never had a Playstation when I was small; that might have influenced my videogame tastes.

It's important to note that I don't hate them. I just... don't like them.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Zac - 12-20-2011

wow I wasn't expecting crash hate
note that crash 2 and 3 improve a lot of the flaws with crash 1
but 2 and 3 are great
some of the best platforming of all time
also any of it not made by naughty dog is pretty bad with a few exceptions

RE: Videogames that you hate - Vipershark - 12-20-2011

I've never finished the original Crash games but I like the original 3 Naughty Dog titles for the PS1
All the rest are pretty much complete shit but the first GBA title is pretty decent despite the loss of the third dimension

I hate spyro though, in all forms