The VG Resource
Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread (/thread-17941.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Videogames that you hate - Azure-Tranquility - 11-01-2011

(11-01-2011, 12:15 PM)Flannel Bastard Wrote: Dark Void. It takes almost no effort, and the controls are terrible. I gave it the benefit of doubt when I should have just believed the reviews.

From what I played it kind of felt like Uncharted in space, but with half the budget I guess? More surprising that it was published by Capcom.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Psycho - 11-01-2011

I dont hate 10 whole games, but...

3. Naruto: Ninja Destiny - It has horrible graphics. In an attempt to make the ds look a little more 3D than it is, the developers ended up in FAILURE.

2. Sonic Shuffle - Some people like this. But I don't because it's a bootleg Mario Party. It's graphics compared to the first mario parties are meh, but Overall, its really boring.

1. Ben 10 (all of them) - I swear I hate this little boy. The show was ok. But now I look back, It's really not worth watching or playing at all. Graphics are O.D. good, but it's a shame because the gameplay is poor to me and very boring. Typical Adventure, predictable bosses - just plain.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Asther - 11-01-2011

(11-01-2011, 06:49 AM)Streeper Creeper Wrote: I tried that game on Wii. It was so... lackluster. It had a'lot of potential, but it just didn't feel all that great or engaging.

LittleBigPlanet PRETTY MUCH beats it in every possible category. What's the point of making creations that can only be used in certain spots when in LBP you have much more free will?

Clearly a cash-in for the casuals. Scribblenauts, by the same developers, was a much better product though.

gotta correct ya here

The wii version was developed by Planet Moon, not 5th Cell. it's... a very special game

the DS sequel is the one chdonga's talking about, 5th cell did that one and yeah

i don't know what they were thinking.

but yeah i bought the wii one out of brand loyalty and kept playing for what the villagers imply wilfre does with bananas

RE: Videogames that you hate - xJohnSpritePixFan91x - 11-08-2011

I like and hate Spiderman Edge of Time for PS3. Somehow I rented from Redbox. The most part I hate most of it is where Spiderman 2099 go up flying, and then. Each time you play as Spiderman 2099 you go on flying and that something is out of the way you get hit in 3D. That.. At least it bit okay. Really hard game. Sad

RE: Videogames that you hate - Rai - 11-08-2011

Metal Gear Solid.

I know I'll make a few mortal foes saying this, but I've only once had the patience to sit through more than a half-hour of a single Hideo Kojima game. Dude's got brains to spare and artistic vision for certain, but goddamn, dude needs to know when to let me fucking PLAY.

Let's start with Metal Gear Solid.
I'd wanted to like MGS for a long time. I recalled renting the first one for about a week and enjoying it, albeit sucking at it.

So I got MGS2: Subsistence (I think it was Subsistence? I've done my best to forget). Hated the controls, hated the camera. Thought the story seemed intriguing, though, so I looked it up online.

Still wish to hell I didn't. God damn it, Hideo.

Later, I got a PS2. And during a stretch of time when I was regularly getting laid and feeling charitable, I picked up MGS3. Yep, this is the one Metal Gear title with a story that didn't seem absolutely fucktarded. It was still written like shit, barely voiced capably, and I had the same control and camera issued I did with the second title.

I have to admit I haven't bothered at all with 4.

Guess I'll stick to Thief for my sneaky bits.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Azure-Tranquility - 11-09-2011

(11-08-2011, 10:00 PM)Rai Wrote: Metal Gear Solid.

I know I'll make a few mortal foes saying this, but I've only once had the patience to sit through more than a half-hour of a single Hideo Kojima game. Dude's got brains to spare and artistic vision for certain, but goddamn, dude needs to know when to let me fucking PLAY.

Let's start with Metal Gear Solid.
I'd wanted to like MGS for a long time. I recalled renting the first one for about a week and enjoying it, albeit sucking at it.

So I got MGS2: Subsistence (I think it was Subsistence? I've done my best to forget). Hated the controls, hated the camera. Thought the story seemed intriguing, though, so I looked it up online.

Still wish to hell I didn't. God damn it, Hideo.

Later, I got a PS2. And during a stretch of time when I was regularly getting laid and feeling charitable, I picked up MGS3. Yep, this is the one Metal Gear title with a story that didn't seem absolutely fucktarded. It was still written like shit, barely voiced capably, and I had the same control and camera issued I did with the second title.

I have to admit I haven't bothered at all with 4.

Guess I'll stick to Thief for my sneaky bits.
Pretty much this for me. I don't see why MGS is so popular. Same goes for the following;

Uncharted
God of War
Halo
Gears of War
Resident Evil
Devil May Cry
Grand Theft Auto

Metal Gear Solid 2 is the MGS I invested the most time into. I played until I was forced to play as Raiden... didn't feel like continuing on. I would find out later that Raiden is hated, so I guess I didn't miss much.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas was awesome, but only when I was playing the story with a friend. I tried playing it by myself recently and it was a drag, honestly. I'd rather play Jak 2/3 or inFamous. GTA3 is sucky however, but that's more to do with San Andreas being superior in every way.

I've played Resident Evil 1 and 4. 1 was a total borefest, there wasen't a whole lot of action going on so it didn't keep my interest. Resident Evil 4 did a far better job of that, had better controls, was more fun overall.

Only reason I don't still own copies of these games is because I feel if I only liked one game in a long-running series, I'm not going to want to invest in it. Needless to say, I wasted quite a bit of cash on the MGS series and I regret it so much; All because I enjoyed the first couple hours of MGS2. lol

as for Devil May Cry I played 1 and 4(Seeing a pattern here...). 1 was a nifty little beat em up, not a bad game and I thought for a 2001 game it was well made, but if I want to play a beat-em up I'd rather play Bayonetta or even the Werehog in Sonic Unleashed.
I'd like to state that, despite my dislike of Devil May Cry, I symphasize with the fans about the new DmC. It looks horrible and won't do Dante justice imo. 30fps for a beat-em-up? Fuck that noise.

As for God of War, pretty much the same reasons as Devil May Cry since they're both of the same genre. I liked the first one's first boss though, thought it was, once again, impressive for a game of its time. The QTEs actually worked.

Halo & Gears of War are good as multiplayer experiences but as single player experiences they fall short and aren't worth keeping in my library for more than the initial few months of release. They're "flavor-of-the-month" games that are best enjoyed when new, but quickly deteriorate once a new installment is released. This doesn't apply as much for Halo and Gears though, but they're still only enjoyable when they're new regardless.

In the case of Uncharted, it's not the games themselves that I dislike, it's how the gaming media and "fans" try to make everyone believe it's the best game ever. Yeah I know, that's the media's job, but when the fans pretty much mime what they say it just agitates me, can't help it. Uncharted is imo the weakest Naughty Dog series, though still much better than most games. If you didn't play it though you'd think it was just as disposable as something like Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Gwen - 11-09-2011

Devil May Cry is one of my favorite game series!
I've never gotten into Mass Effect
(Waiting for hate to rain down on me)

Just never found them fun and boring.

RE: Videogames that you hate - PrettyNier - 11-09-2011

Devil May Cry has good reason to be popular. Half of them are fantastic games, the other half are enjoyable.

...Mass Effect, I wouldn't really say so.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Kriven - 11-09-2011

Alien sex, you guys.

Alien sex.

RE: Videogames that you hate - PrettyNier - 11-09-2011

Quote:Alien sex, you guys.

Alien sex.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Azure-Tranquility - 11-09-2011

Mass Effect... was really boring. Interesting use of RPG mechanics though.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Rakia - 11-10-2011

Wait who's saying that about the new DmC?
It looks good

RE: Videogames that you hate - PrettyNier - 11-10-2011

It started too a little while ago but it looks like it'll be pretty mediocre now hth

RE: Videogames that you hate - Azure-Tranquility - 11-10-2011

(11-10-2011, 08:57 AM)Rakia Wrote: Wait who's saying that about the new DmC?
It looks good
The majority of the Devil May Cry fanbase. I dunno how one could miss the initial backlash at least unless one doesn't frequent message boards or something.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Rakia - 11-10-2011

Yeah I don't really keep track of any dmc boards or anything really, and I haven't actually been keeping up with the new game, so idk how it appears now, but I was interested in it before.
that being said I havent played very many dmc games extensively