The VG Resource
Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread (/thread-17941.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Videogames that you hate - Gwen - 10-02-2011

(10-01-2011, 08:24 PM)Zac Wrote: I still think the worst thing about sunshine is flud
A Mario game with the same open level'd design and challenge would be awesome if it took place in like the mushroom kingdom but with out all this mid-air correction stuff like the spin in galaxy and flud or 64's bs factor

also, Wrath of Cortex

Lol. I really find your opinions hilarious.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Garamonde - 10-02-2011

I'm thinking without F.L.U.D.D that Sunshine would've just been your average 3-D Mario game. Also I'm tired of the Mushroom Kingdom, I liked the different location anyway.

RE: Videogames that you hate - PrettyNier - 10-02-2011

Quote:Believable as in a magical fantasy world, and not an obstacle course.
the best thing about sunshine was that it made room for the obstacle courses
and when it presented them, it did so without any need for contextualizing them; they presented them as what they truly were and didn't hold back in designing them for that purpose

RE: Videogames that you hate - Zac - 10-02-2011

(10-02-2011, 02:05 AM)Flannel Bastard Wrote: Lol. I really find your opinions hilarious.

ugh all I want is some fair challenge in my games
I think most people would agree that Nintendo is awful at providing that, outside of puzzle attributes

(10-02-2011, 08:33 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: I'm thinking without F.L.U.D.D that Sunshine would've just been your average 3-D Mario game. Also I'm tired of the Mushroom Kingdom, I liked the different location anyway.

but it really wouldn't be average, there are so many other things that make sunshine special- like all the unique maneuvers you can pull while playing around town, and dem smooth controls for just about everything else (two things that a lot of young players miss out on because of fludd dependency)
oh and the only reason I'd like to see more of the mushroom kingdom is because it hasn't really been expanded on outside of the mario rpgs. I'd really like to see a place like toad town in a game with wide open maps like sunshine.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Gors - 10-02-2011

Super Mario Sunshine isn't a bad game. It certainly was an improvement over Mario 64. Though, I'll cite that FLUDD does make the game feel easier. Thank god they added those secret levels, which rely on pure platforming skill (and is still challenging on Red Coins mode even with FLUDD enabled).

But I kinda think that some of the difficulty in that game was dumb. Such as those Piantas that require precise placement so you aren't launched to the void, the 'clean the whole hotel in under than 3 minutes' shit and all that backtracking necessary to use Yoshi in said level. And that boat. Fuck that boat.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Koopaul - 10-04-2011

Point is look at DKC Returns. They manage to make a beautiful living world while also having an intense platforming experience. Why can't Mario do that?

Sunshine is the only example I can think of.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Altrez - 10-05-2011

Suikoden Tactics.

So bad.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Boo - 10-18-2011

(09-29-2011, 01:06 PM)Goemar Wrote: And a fake no doubt, I mean I don't even know if the original is even for sale - where ever it is... I would also never use Star Fox 2 and amazing in the same sentence...

The SNES and N64 (and 3DN64, I mean, 3DS) ones are good. The rest sucked balls. Assault seemed to try, and then they just messed it up trying to add crap to it.
Adventures was just a slap in the face. Not a Star Fox game, then being one and then being rushed. The first half is pretty decent and then you can tell Rare just said "Fuck it, lets call it a day" and it fell to pieces.

Star Fox DS was alright, but simply failed to stand next to previous games in the series. It felt more as if a different company had made an alright game that was like Star Fox rather than a Star Fox game.

Backtracking the topic but yes Goemar.. Starfox 2 American version is a fake, and there is no original.. it was never released..

And why can't Starfox 2 be amazing.. Lol, you can switch from Arwing to a Land shooter on the fly.. that's pretty cool.

Tell me that doesn't look interesting... I can't wait to receive my copy in the mail.. I spent a lot of money on it haha.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Garp - 10-31-2011

need for speed undercover - i wasted money :/

RE: Videogames that you hate - Azure-Tranquility - 10-31-2011

Sonic 2006. Actually the only Sonic game I can truly call horrible since I actually had the gall and disposable income to play it.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Garamonde - 10-31-2011

I think that has to be the 30th time I've read Sonic 2006 in this thread.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that it's a bad game by law.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Chdonga - 10-31-2011

Drawn To Life: The Next Chapter.

That ending ruined what could've been at least a decent game.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Azure-Tranquility - 11-01-2011

I tried that game on Wii. It was so... lackluster. It had a'lot of potential, but it just didn't feel all that great or engaging.

LittleBigPlanet PRETTY MUCH beats it in every possible category. What's the point of making creations that can only be used in certain spots when in LBP you have much more free will?

Clearly a cash-in for the casuals. Scribblenauts, by the same developers, was a much better product though.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Proton - 11-01-2011

(10-31-2011, 10:01 PM)Chdonga Wrote: Drawn To Life: The Next Chapter.

That ending ruined |the entire series and whatever follows from this point.|

I've never seen an entire theme, style and overall environment destroyed in game so quickly.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Gwen - 11-01-2011

Dark Void. It takes almost no effort, and the controls are terrible. I gave it the benefit of doubt when I should have just believed the reviews.