The VG Resource
Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread (/thread-17941.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Videogames that you hate - Garamonde - 09-29-2011

(09-29-2011, 12:50 PM)Boo Wrote:
(09-29-2011, 12:23 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Lol, Super Sluggers, really?

I have played the GC one (been so long I don't even remember what it's like) but swinging with the Wiimote is fun and gets you more into it. It makes you feel it. That's really one of the funnest Mario series games I've played.

Now... I never liked Star Fox games. Space shooters aren't really my thing, see.

Don't like Starfox? Wow Starfox is like my favorite series.. Adventures, Assault, Starfox 64, Starfox SNES, Starfox DS.

I'm also purchasing a Starfox 2 SNES game. It was an unreleased game and is freaking amazing..

I have nothing against the characters or the series (a lot of the things they say are funny), it's just that play style never interested me much.

Also everyone's gonna dislike this, but I'm not much of a Metroid fan either, lol.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Goemar - 09-29-2011

Don't worry not everyone I can have good taste. I mean some people actually like those crappy Bomberman spin-offs like Jetters. Crazy!

(09-29-2011, 01:08 PM)Flannel Bastard Wrote:
(09-29-2011, 01:06 PM)Goemar Wrote: And a fake no doubt, I mean I don't even know if the original is even for sale - where ever it is... I would also never use Star Fox 2 and amazing in the same sentence...

The SNES and N64 (and 3DN64, I mean, 3DS) ones are good. The rest sucked balls. Assault seemed to try, and then they just messed it up trying to add crap to it.
Adventures was just a slap in the face. Not a Star Fox game, then being one and then being rushed. The first half is pretty decent and then you can tell Rare just said "Fuck it, lets call it a day" and it fell to pieces.

Star Fox DS was alright, but simply failed to stand next to previous games in the series. It felt more as if a different company had made an alright game that was like Star Fox rather than a Star Fox game.

You're fucking insane if you don't like Adventures. That game was fantastic.

Oh come on the last Dungeon was terrible. And then the bosses health bar goes up but - wait no, that was cut too. I'm not saying it's terrible, I'm just saying the obvious cuts left a bad taste.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Garamonde - 09-29-2011

(09-29-2011, 01:12 PM)Goemar Wrote: Don't worry not everyone can have good taste. I mean some people actually dislike great games like Jetters. Crazy!

I know! Smile

If I ever get bored enough I'll try out the first Metroid game. I've seen the gameplay a little but never actually played it for real. Never said it was bad though.

You might as well just play Metroid: Zero Mission as it's a remake of the first. And the first has aged pretty poorly...

RE: Videogames that you hate - Kriven - 09-29-2011

I find the NES version has more charm, honestly.

Really? The lack of map just killed it for me. Which is odd, as I love the NES Zelda which suffers from the exact same problem.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Lemonray - 09-29-2011

(09-29-2011, 01:30 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: If I ever get bored enough I'll try out the first Metroid game. I've seen the gameplay a little but never actually played it for real. Never said it was bad though.

Uhh...You should play either Zero Mission or Super Metroid first...preferably Super, because alot of the downright amazing features you see in Metroid games originated in it, and I'd imagine they'd be slightly less impressive to you if you've played Zero Mission beforehand.

Also, Super Metroid is a better game, in general.

Super Metroid is the Best.

I'd Go -> II, Super, Zero, Fusion

RE: Videogames that you hate - Rhyme - 09-29-2011

GEE BATTLEFIELD 3 IS A REALLY GREAT GAME!
[Image: e2aa8e02aed142208ecacd3.png]

kinda posted in the wrong thread!

RE: Videogames that you hate - Rökkan - 09-29-2011

Most Metroid fans hate the first Metroid. Zero Mission is amazing in every way though.

I don't hate the first Metroid, it just hasn't aged well in my opinion.
I mean it's not like Kid Icarus, which was crap from day one, it's just the later games added so much.

Oh and Zero Mission had one bad thing - the Space Pirate's ships looked like purple sperms...

RE: Videogames that you hate - PrettyNier - 09-29-2011

I wouldn't call zero mission amazing - it was good, but it didn't live up to its potential; a lot of what the game was trying to do kind of fell short. the linearity was forced and didn't make much contextual sense - at least in the case of fusion, the linearity made contextual sense and added something to the game; that is, being pursued and hunted by the SA-X, with an ever-shifting environment requiring you to find alternative ways to traverse its environments. back doors, secret tunnels, tubes, et cetera. this kind of focus helped to do a lot for the architecture of the game, which is one of the most identifying traits of the series.

zero mission also suffered from being way too easy, even more so than super or fusion: by the time i got the super missiles, no boss lasted any more than 30 seconds. i killed ridley the second he came in by firing 8 super missiles at him, before he could even do anything. the unfortunate thing about that is that it would have been forgivable had the game not strove to give you a helping hand and guide you to wherever it was you were going, removing the fact that the exploration itself provided a different kind of challenge and thrill. by telling you where to go, not only did remove emphasis on that, it also - however slightly - dissuaded the player from exploring outside of that intended path.

i also thought the jumping physics were pretty jarring. you shoot up and then almost instantly start moving down; there's no real sense of gradual flow or of grace, its just this sudden spurt up and then down.

RE: Videogames that you hate - tsr moderation staff - 09-29-2011

personally fusion is my favourite. imo it had the best integration of a story in any metroid, I didn't really miss the nonlinearity since it wasn't really as extensive as people make it out to be, and the sa-x is just fucking badass, and is one of the best examples i can think of of reinforcing fear through gameplay rather than just a spoooooky design. also its a very pretty game.

since this is the hatin' thread, i'll just say that i really didn't like the stealth part in zero mission.

Minus some strange sprites, aka the "Zombies" and Ridley look like they're from a different game... Really took you out of the game and made you go "Huh?"

RE: Videogames that you hate - Koopaul - 09-29-2011

The first Metroid is reality warpingly hard! I die so much and get absolutely no where. Enemies are flying at you left and right taking tons of health and giving very little back if any at all! You died? You start with 30 health, good fucking luck refilling those energy tanks! Unlike Super Metroid which has an acceptable level of challenge.