The VG Resource
Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread (/thread-17941.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Videogames that you hate - DadNier - 09-26-2011

well, if I had to venture a guess, it's probably related to how broken a lot of older capcom games were; take a look at any combo video for an old-school vs game like MSHvSF and stuff and you'll see

they had to make seperate tier lists for taking infinites into account and for not doing that

RE: Videogames that you hate - Alpha Six - 09-26-2011

MvC2 is way more broken than 1 is so I don't see the problem.

1 is better in a lot of regards, with its reasons for not being better being the smaller character list and... that's pretty much it! It had better presentation too.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Goemar - 09-26-2011

MvC 2 had a playable Cactus in it. Thus it is better. I mean if some one threw in a playable cactus in a certain block based puzzle game it would be the best puzzle game ever...

RE: Videogames that you hate - DadNier - 09-26-2011

(09-26-2011, 08:48 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: MvC2 is way more broken than 1 is so I don't see the problem.

1 is better in a lot of regards, with its reasons for not being better being the smaller character list and... that's pretty much it! It had better presentation too.

smaller character list and the fact that the team-based gameplay was significantly improved upon and more complex and interesting in mvc2, as well as the addition of important characters (cable, magneto, storm, etc.) in mvc2 who weren't in mvc1 that basically helped define what became associated with "a versus game"
also the magic system of mvc2 was simpler and helped further divide it from street fighter than previous entries, which isn't necessarily good or bad but it's probably worth noting a facet about a game when it was something that helped shape its unique identity in contrast to other things, at least

edit: also cable owned. like really owned

edit2: also, in an effort to be more contributing to this topic I'd like to say that I hated sonic heroes
I know, modern sonic isn't really that great, but out of all the ones that I've played (I haven't played 2006 thankfully) heroes was the one that probably felt the most like a completely boring and unpleasant experience (and I actually seriously cringed during that final ending where sonic goes "YEAH! WE'RE SONIC HEROES!")

RE: Videogames that you hate - Garamonde - 09-26-2011

I really don't see why everyone hates Sonic Heroes. I really don't.

Everyone knows it wasn't a Sonic Adventure 3, but it was a different and fun experience. I found using 3 different characters to be a unique and fitting addition.

It's pretty hard to top SA2, but I seriously don't understand the hate for it. Is most of it the apparent glitches that everyone but me and a few others have found?

RE: Videogames that you hate - Vipershark - 09-26-2011

Because it was bad. The game was legitimately terrible.

If you like it, then... okay that's fine, I guess.
We keep going in the same circle about it though.
It's been stated repeatedly why Sonic Heroes is an objectively terrible game.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Goemar - 09-26-2011

Yeah even I'm getting sick of Sonic Heroes, and I love bashing modern Sonic games. If you like it good for you. But the universal opinion is that it's bad. So the chances are that you people who like it are wrong. It sucked. Now let us never speak of it again.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Gwen - 09-26-2011

(09-26-2011, 10:23 PM)Goemar Wrote: Yeah even I'm getting sick of Sonic Heroes, and I love bashing modern Sonic games. If you like it good for you. But the universal opinion is that it's bad. So the chances are that you people who like it are wrong. It sucked. Now let us never speak of it again.

you people are the only people I ever hear naysay it, but yeah lets drop it.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Asther - 09-26-2011

this is video games that u hate anyway not video games that u like that everyone else hates thats a different thread

RE: Videogames that you hate - Gwen - 09-26-2011

(09-26-2011, 10:56 PM)Arkinea Wrote: this is video games that u hate anyway not video games that u like that everyone else hates thats a different thread

I know it is. I read the title.
EDIT: That seems to be directed at the previous conversation. My bad. Back to listening to Opeth.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Negative-Zer0 - 09-27-2011

(09-26-2011, 08:48 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: MvC2 is way more broken than 1 is so I don't see the problem.

MvC2 is nowhere NEAR broken than MvC1. Infinites to walls that are basically 100%. Unblockable resets in the corner. Warmachine unfly can keep you at the top of the screen till death. Infinites get broken in MvC2 but no one is going all the way to the break in MvC2 without two meters or doing a reset since scaling makes them practically useless after about 35. Red Venom, Gold Warmachine, Wolverine are all fucking retarded. I mean honestly, i am suprised that people praise MvC1 as a balanced game. I doubt these people ever touched the game

RE: Videogames that you hate - Maxpphire - 09-27-2011

I'm sure there is such thing as a jump button and if it conserns you that much being pushed into the wall, then jump over the person to the other side and push them into the wall

RE: Videogames that you hate - Aldath - 09-27-2011

Disgaea... I've never understood why it's considered to be soo good being other better games of the genre out there...
And well... I only dislike Disgaea, but there's a game I realy, REALLY HATE...

CALL OF DUTY...
That game is allways the same stuff, but I don't know why it's over praised... maybe the online playability, but it's just a generic FPS with pretty good graphics... and still, like if we ddn't have any war violence already... if I recall correctly, they BANNED Persona 2 for including Hitler, nazis and mentioning a third world war... Call of Duty REVIVES the WW in a modern environment and it's NOT banned -.-

Another game I hate for being so dissapointingly generic was Dante's Inferno... I have many reasons to hate on it, specially the repettitive action, the lack of movements, the "I wanna be God of War" setting (the badass verion of Inferno Canto), and how the hell stages could have been more lively and have unique bosses... I mean, Cleopatra cpuld have been a great boss, but the throws us her husband

RE: Videogames that you hate - Gwen - 09-27-2011

Personally, I have nothing wrong with the Call of Duty series and I accept it for what it is, and the single player campaign is nowhere near bad and is entertaining and interesting to say the least. Also online with friends is always nice.

RE: Videogames that you hate - TomGuycott - 09-27-2011

I find Call of Duty boring sometimes, and yet I play it infrequently, especially with other friends, really just for some good fun. I can at least understand WHY it has such a tremendous fanbase (not that I necessarily feel the same way they do). On the other hand, I still can't wrap my head around why a game like Madden has such a huge fanbase. I remember one year I was going to get a game, saw this whole big line outside the store at the mall, and yet I was able to bypass it entirely because I wasn't waiting for Madden (which hadn't arrived yet, and WOULDN'T arrive until the next day as I heard at the front of the line. I was trying so hard not to laugh at the risk of getting my ass beat).