The VG Resource
Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread (/thread-17941.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Videogames that you hate - Maxpphire - 09-22-2011

Yes, try it out for yourself to see if you like it.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Gwen - 09-22-2011

DON'T, KAT WILL BNAN YOUUUU
Tongue

RE: Videogames that you hate - Vipershark - 09-22-2011

I played the PC version (then later bought the psx version so i didn't continue with the pc version) and while it took me a while to adjust to the primitive graphics and weird translation, I found the couple of hours that I played to be really enjoyable.

Granted, I never got of the first disc, but still.
What I played was really good and I can see why a lot of people like it.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Jalopes - 09-22-2011

(09-22-2011, 12:55 PM)Basement Bill Wrote: You know, I've often considered playing Final Fantasy 7 out of sheer curiosity.

I want to know why so many people hold it in such high regard.

Should I bother y/n??

i don't see why not, it's a fun game

RE: Videogames that you hate - Lemonray - 09-22-2011

Alrighty, then. I'll play it.

But if I turn into a raging square fantard, I'm blaming you guys.

RE: Videogames that you hate - SKELTON S. SKELETON - 09-24-2011

(09-21-2011, 09:48 PM)TomGuycott Wrote:
(09-21-2011, 09:33 PM)Jalopes Wrote: I'd really like to play an FF7 with a better translation, but in order for that to happen there'd have to be either a fan translation or a remake, and considering how terrifying the prospect of the current Nomura-influenced Square Enix creating an FF7 remake is, I don't think I want that to happen.

he'd probably insist the characters look like this or something, ewwww

This is a legitimate concern, which is ironic considering he designed the characters for FF7 in the first place.

actually; from what i understand yoshitaka amano did the original artwork, and tetsuya nomura adapted it from there
which is why i think the earlier final fantasies may have had such recognizable character design
they had to adapt extravagant design into recognizable form that the hardware would allow

RE: Videogames that you hate - Lemonray - 09-25-2011

I played a few hours of FF7.

It's pretty cool, so far, if a little easy. I'm hoping it'll keep my attention until the end.

Also,

>Machine gun fire, -2hp
>Huge, cumbersome sword that would be useless in a fight, -40hp

DERP

RE: Videogames that you hate - Gwen - 09-25-2011

Just saying, getting hit by that sword would hurt a lot more than a few bullets Tongue

RE: Videogames that you hate - PrettyNier - 09-25-2011

Quote:actually; from what i understand yoshitaka amano did the original artwork, and tetsuya nomura adapted it from there
which is why i think the earlier final fantasies may have had such recognizable character design
they had to adapt extravagant design into recognizable form that the hardware would allow
yes, this was the case.
although, near as i can tell, he has done the same for most of the recent ones, as well, to at least some degree. i know he did some art for ffxiii.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Kriven - 09-26-2011

(09-25-2011, 12:57 PM)Flannel Bastard Wrote: Just saying, getting hit by that sword would hurt a lot more than a few bullets Tongue

It really wouldn't. There's a good reason guns replaced swords, and being riddled with machine gun fire is one of them.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Jalopes - 09-26-2011

well i think it depends, really

i mean if you were just cut by the sword it wouldn't be as bad, but if you were like chopped down the middle that would be pretty excruciating, possibly more so than bullets

i think both would hurt really fucking bad though so its not worth debating

RE: Videogames that you hate - GaryASPG - 09-26-2011

alien hominid

dumb gay dumb game dumb stupid dumb

RE: Videogames that you hate - Azure-Tranquility - 09-26-2011

Honestly there are so many games out there. Even if you exclude the shovelware and lower-quality games, one could have an impressive backlog of titles dating as far back as the NES days. I own like 480 something games, and that's after eliminating series that I couldn't get into and games that just didn't "click" with me. It does make me feel bad that I dislike games that quite a few people hold in high regard, such as Metal Gear Solid, Dead Rising, and Monster Hunter to name a few. I also find it interesting that people can dislike games like Final Fantasy 7 honestly.(Okay not really, this is pretty common)

Sorry to go off-topic there, just something I feel should be put into perspective. I don't think there is anyone person who can like every single decent game out there.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Negative-Zer0 - 09-26-2011

MvC1. That. Game. Is. Just. So. Fucking. STUPID.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Goemar - 09-26-2011

Too be honest with FF all the characters would either die of exhaustion from carrying said swords or be like super-humans which are of course invincible to bullets.
Or just be cool, also making them invincible to bullets. Kill Bill shotgun point-blank style.

As for Monster Hunter, it's never been big in the west. I spent around 400+ hours with each version but when you look at the core gameplay (bad camera, simple combat, often terrible hit detection) it's not a grand picture. It's one of those games you have to learn to play (made harder by the games shit tutorials "You can cook meat, oh look a Kut-Ku and your dead" "a 100 times"). Same goes for MGS and Dead Rising they all have a rather unfriendly Eastern wall you have to work your way through. MGS 4 got the controls down (thanks to people in the West) but it did little if you hadn't played the previous games as it was all about MGS 1 and 3. And those games weren't particularly user-friendly. (Note: MGS is the best game every made in my opinion, well except for the other 20 so games I also claim are the best games ever made).

As for MvC 1 - I really can't think why. Then again just the set-up caused enormous nerd-gasms so if the game was bad I probably couldn't see it through my own bodily fluids.