The VG Resource
Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread (/thread-17941.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Videogames that you hate - PrettyNier - 09-14-2011

that sounds
strange

RE: Videogames that you hate - Koopaul - 09-14-2011

(09-14-2011, 05:11 PM)Arkinea Wrote:
(09-13-2011, 04:54 PM)Sol Wrote: Although, I actually liked Midna, and I think her little gibberish talk actually made me care more about her. It's not real words, but it lets you feel her struggle that much more, like, when she's lashing out against Zant for betraying their people, you can hear it in her voice, it's not just "ANGRY FACE, LIPS FLAPPING, ARM WAVE, READ THIS TEXT" I feel like it's an indicator that voice acting would probably improve Zelda games, even if it's not a real language, like what Ico and Shadow of the Colossus did. Maybe that's just me?

That would be really cool. The only games I've played that did this were TP and Klonoa, but it would make bad voice acting less likely too, wouldn't it?

e: and animal crossing!!

I wanted Banjo-Kazooie to do this. They already speak jibberish but it would be neat if they added emotion to that jibberish.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Boo - 09-15-2011

(09-14-2011, 08:47 PM)Koopaul Wrote: I wanted Banjo-Kazooie to do this. They already speak jibberish but it would be neat if they added emotion to that jibberish.

Banjo Kazooie did not need to change anything. Both games were perfect 10's. That is all.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Rakia - 09-15-2011

Well if we'll get picky
the multiplayer wasn't that much fun.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Garamonde - 09-15-2011

Racing games (excluding Mario Kart) in general never seemed that interesting to me. Just kinda not my thing.

RE: Videogames that you hate - PrettyNier - 09-15-2011

i dont hate banjo kazooie, but i think both of the games are awfully mediocre
the first being better than the second one, and perhaps at least having a level of charm, but
absolutely not the Perfect 10 that a good amount of people think it is.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Rökkan - 09-15-2011

As far as I've played Banjo-Kazooie, it striked to me as "Hey you know that Super Mario 64 game? What if we PIMPED THAT SHIT UP", and I really liked it.

Of course, it's still got some boring parts and some WACKY "EARLY 3D" GAME ISSUES, but I was very pleasantly surprised when I played it, maybe I really wasn't expecting Rare to pin down some things about the game so well and a lot better than other 3D platformer games. I still need to play Banjo-Tooie though.

(09-15-2011, 08:11 AM)Rakia Wrote: Well if we'll get picky

The multiplayer was awesome! You know how many times I played the shoot out games? Used to have 4 player matches almost every single day, and play first one to 10 wins, it was fucking sweet.

(09-15-2011, 03:55 PM)Gnostic WetFart Wrote: i dont hate banjo kazooie, but i think both of the games are awfully mediocre
the first being better than the second one, and perhaps at least having a level of charm, but

First, I'll take your opinion into consideration, but tell me what you didn't like because your not saying anything.. anybody who has ever played these games, tell me its definitely in the top 5 of best N64 games of all time.

If you give some reasons ill gladly take them into consideration.. and in my opinion the second one was a lot better then the first.. I can't believe somebody actually said the first was better wow. Hard to believe that, guy I can finish the first one going back now in less then 8 hours.. the second one takes a lot longer then that because theres way more to get and getting all the jigsaws is way more complicated then the first, seriously. Less then an hour for each level and it's 100% complete..

Banjo Tooie had so many more things, and plus the characters were outstanding.. just overall 10's in my opinion. I could play them both probably 10 more times each before I'd actually get bored of them..

(09-15-2011, 06:35 PM)Rökkan Wrote: As far as I've played Banjo-Kazooie, it striked to me as "Hey you know that Super Mario 64 game? What if we PIMPED THAT SHIT UP", and I really liked it.

Of course, it's still got some boring parts and some WACKY "EARLY 3D" GAME ISSUES, but I was very pleasantly surprised when I played it, maybe I really wasn't expecting Rare to pin down some things about the game so well and a lot better than other 3D platformer games. I still need to play Banjo-Tooie though.

Dude.. you have to play that as soon as possible, it's so much better than the first. You'll love it even more if you liked the first. I'd suggest getting it if you can, it's really a fantastic game.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Asther - 09-15-2011

Have they remade or ported BK or do you have to find it for the n64?

(09-15-2011, 08:11 AM)Rakia Wrote: Well if we'll get picky

(09-15-2011, 03:55 PM)Gnostic WetFart Wrote: i dont hate banjo kazooie, but i think both of the games are awfully mediocre

(09-15-2011, 06:35 PM)Rökkan Wrote: As far as I've played Banjo-Kazooie, it striked to me as "Hey you know that Super Mario 64 game? What if we PIMPED THAT SHIT UP", and I really liked it.

(09-15-2011, 07:42 PM)Arkinea Wrote: Have they remade or ported BK or do you have to find it for the n64?

You'd probably have to find an N64, I assume anyone who likes Nintendo at all would have an N64 haha. Certainly my generation pretty much all had N64's, and almost all played Banjo, I'm not sure if it's on Virtual Console or anything but last time I checked I don't think it was there..

If you don't have an N64 they cost like 20-40 dollars and BK 1 and 2 together would probably cost 30 so it's really a pretty good buy.. Lol.

RE: Videogames that you hate - TomGuycott - 09-15-2011

Both games are available on Xbox Live Arcade I believe. I know the second one is, I got that one since my brother LOST MY N64!!! DAMN YOU, MY OWN BROTHER!!!

RE: Videogames that you hate - Phantom Killah - 09-15-2011

(09-15-2011, 07:42 PM)Arkinea Wrote: Have they remade or ported BK or do you have to find it for the n64?

You can get the first two on XBox Live, assuming you have an XBox 360.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Kriven - 09-15-2011

Which are the only two that matter.

Boo: Why does "longer" equate "better?" O-o

RE: Videogames that you hate - Gwen - 09-15-2011

(09-15-2011, 10:08 PM)Kriven Wrote: Which are the only two that matter.

Boo: Why does "longer" equate "better?" O-o

More gameplay experience? Kind of why Wet gets some of its bad review, as it's way to short.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Garamonde - 09-15-2011

A longer game doesn't automatically make it good, but if a really good game is really short, that's not really great either.

I never got to beat either BK game, but they were great AND had good length.