The VG Resource
Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Videogames you love, videogames you hate thread (/thread-17941.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Videogames that you hate - Jalopes - 09-13-2011

twilight princess also succeeded at doing nothing interesting to the zelda formula and instead just made things worse with what they added, in this case the wolf

with each 3d zelda game something new and interesting was added to the table - you got oot with the introduction to 3d, majora's mask with the complex and deep world, wind waker with the ocean to explore, and then twilight princess with the oh-so-fun wolf twilight bug killing segments. really, after wind waker i would've expected something a bit less average

best parts of the game were probably the boss fights, even though they were amazingly easy they were pretty cool and somewhat creative overall (not counting the final boss which was welp)

also this is a personal thing i guess but i absolutely hate midna as a character and i found it utterly offensive that ganondorf was like "EXCELLENT WORK MIDNA FOR GETTING TO ME" when midna did shit and was completely unlikable the whole game

RE: Videogames that you hate - Gwen - 09-13-2011

I thought the wolf was fun
and I found Midna radular. :C

RE: Videogames that you hate - Jalopes - 09-13-2011

to each their own, i suppose

RE: Videogames that you hate - Kriven - 09-13-2011

(09-13-2011, 02:02 PM)Flannel Bastard Wrote: I hate Majora's Mask. Its my least favorite Zelda game. :I

lol

RE: Videogames that you hate - Gwen - 09-13-2011

(09-13-2011, 02:48 PM)Kriven Wrote:
(09-13-2011, 02:02 PM)Flannel Bastard Wrote: I hate Majora's Mask. Its my least favorite Zelda game. :I

lol

Nice addition to the topic Smile
To me Majora's Mask was just no fun, I like the aspect of it, but to me, I just don't don't find it a worthwhile play. To me, Wind Waker is the best in the Zelda series. OoT is third, and then after that its the gba and older ones, and then MM.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Rosencrantz - 09-13-2011

There were a bunch of things that bothered the hell out of me in Twilight Princess:

First off, I was really disappointed with how the last three dungeons played out. I mean, there was nothing that really bridged a gap between the Sky Temple to the Twilight Realm to the Hyrule Castle, and I was extremely disappointed by this rush. I mean, they could have had, like, one last wolf segment to get a small fragment of the mirror before getting to the Twilight Realm, just to get rid of that feeling of being rushed.

Second, the items were used really disappointingly. I'm not going off of what Giz is already saying, but what he mentioned were a few things I was unhappy with. What REALLY irks me is how the items you find are incredibly badass but serve very little purpose in the temples aside from the ones you find them in. The Gale Boomerang, for instance, applied to just that Forest temple, but I can't really remember it being used for much else outside of it, or at the very least it being used creatively to solve a puzzle. Same thing with the Spinner (which was an insane item), the Dominion Rod and the Ball and Chain, there weren't any real creative uses for them besides "ride walls" or "possess this statue even though its range is only a quarter of the room" or "break walls". Instead, they overplayed the Clawshot and made that an item you needed to have on you at pretty much all times.

I was also pretty sad at how they thought that upgrading your sword solely for the Twilight Realm was a good tool that you needed for that eighth dungeon. I mean, it wasn't even useful outside of the dungeon / the rest of the game : (

Oh, and TP started the whole "no more magic meters" trend so there's that too :F

RE: Videogames that you hate - Garamonde - 09-13-2011

Wind Waker is the best Zelda, hands down. OoT and MM were awesome but it's just got this magical vibe of greatness.

(No I have not played the original Zelda games, I was never bothered enough)

RE: Videogames that you hate - Sol - 09-13-2011

I didn't hate Twilight Princess, but it was very mediocre, I think. I pretty much agree with everything Giz mentioned... Although, I actually liked Midna, and I think her little gibberish talk actually made me care more about her. It's not real words, but it lets you feel her struggle that much more, like, when she's lashing out against Zant for betraying their people, you can hear it in her voice, it's not just "ANGRY FACE, LIPS FLAPPING, ARM WAVE, READ THIS TEXT" I feel like it's an indicator that voice acting would probably improve Zelda games, even if it's not a real language, like what Ico and Shadow of the Colossus did. Maybe that's just me?

A ton of the game just feels like cut corners, like when you finally enter the twilight realm, what do you get to see? A path surrounded by rock walls that leads to a couple of big buildings floating in a murky abyss. That's it. Aside from Midna and Zant, the only two(?) Twili you encounter are practically grey blobs with faces that do nothing but stare at you and go "oooOOOOoooo" when you try to interact with them. BOY this realm sure seems very important with its very rich culture and people and everything, WE HAVE TO SAVE IT

I wouldn't say I regretted playing it, but I regretted that the developers did a lot of the things the way they did. I guess it's a feeling of "they could have done so much better." Even great games have noticeable flaws, but what they do right they do well enough to make the experience worth it. Twilight Princess didn't do that for me.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Boo - 09-13-2011

I like all the Zelda games, so I really can't complain. They were all fun adventures to be had, and I'm sure Skyward Sword will continue with that.

RE: Videogames that you hate - PrettyNier - 09-14-2011

skyward sword actually seems pretty promising.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Asther - 09-14-2011

(09-13-2011, 04:54 PM)Sol Wrote: Although, I actually liked Midna, and I think her little gibberish talk actually made me care more about her. It's not real words, but it lets you feel her struggle that much more, like, when she's lashing out against Zant for betraying their people, you can hear it in her voice, it's not just "ANGRY FACE, LIPS FLAPPING, ARM WAVE, READ THIS TEXT" I feel like it's an indicator that voice acting would probably improve Zelda games, even if it's not a real language, like what Ico and Shadow of the Colossus did. Maybe that's just me?

That would be really cool. The only games I've played that did this were TP and Klonoa, but it would make bad voice acting less likely too, wouldn't it?

e: and animal crossing!!

RE: Videogames that you hate - Kriven - 09-14-2011

Animal Crossing kind of does that if you have Animalese turned on.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Chutzpar - 09-14-2011

I think Okami does it kinda? I know it's got the gibberish words but I honestly can't remember if they change especially based on emotion, it's been way too long since I've played it, so I might be missing the point.

RE: Videogames that you hate - TomGuycott - 09-14-2011

I have never personally finished TP, it's probably my least favorite of the Zelda games I've played. I probably WOULD have played it all the way through, but eventually I reached a point which I had seen my friend play from all the way to the end, so... I didn't really feel the urge to do it yet. Not to say it's a BAD game, just one of my less favorite Zelda games.

On a conceptual level, I did like certain aspects of the game, like the dark atmosphere and enemies. I liked some of the new items a lot, despite them being crazy like the spinner and the ball and chain. I just feel like they didn't have as much impact outside of the dungeons they were found in (as was already said). Also I thought that the second claw shot, while an interesting idea in theory, was a pretty lame treasure for the final dungeon you get items in. I was so excited to see what was, but it was just another claw shot. Lame.

What COULD have made the game cooler was less fetch quests, more items useful in general situations rather than entirely dungeon specific, and... well, what's the point of even analyzing what could have made it better, it's over and done with. Let's just hope Skyward Sword is better.

RE: Videogames that you hate - Jalopes - 09-14-2011

(09-14-2011, 04:58 PM)Gnostic WetFart Wrote: skyward sword actually seems pretty promising.

only thing about ss that worries me is this

Quote:- The Silent Realm lets you take on 'spiritual tests that Link must go through in an alternate world'
- return to twisted versions of previous areas
- this Silent Realm location involves the overworld area that surrounded the Forest Temple
- mixes tear collecting of Twilight Princess and stealth of Phantom Hourglass
- shove the Skyward Sword into the ground to access these areas, and enter with no weapons
- fill a spiritual vessel with tears, all while Guardians try to block you
- these Guardians can knock you out with one hit
- you enter the Silent Realm in a circle of safety, but the Guardians activate as soon as you leave that circle
- this is when the Guardians raise their arms/swords and the industrial music begins
- Guardians deactivate as you pick up tears
- you get 90 seconds after grabbing a tear to get the next, or the Guardians wake up
- lantern-wielding ghosts float by, and if you are hit with their light the Guardians activate no matter how much time has passed
- collect light seeds to make the remaining tears shoot a beam of light into the sky for 30 seconds

specifically the bold part

Everything else looks really solid though, I was skeptical at first but I have to admit I'm a bit hyped now c: