The VG Resource
cartoons thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-16.html)
+----- Thread: cartoons thread (/thread-17929.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: cartoons thread - Gaia - 07-17-2012

What I can tell is that they won't most likely name all the books until they're done with the series, unlike the last one.

Looks like I had nothing better to do, so I watched nothing but Futurama from the beginning. Brings back quite a few memories when the show started.

RE: cartoons thread - Helmo - 07-17-2012

even in the first episode of futurama nibbler's shadow can be made out when fry falls into the freeze chamber

RE: cartoons thread - Gaia - 07-17-2012

Funny, I started from vol. 1 and now I just noticed it, plus movie refrences all around now that I am able to spot them. I watched most of these on Netflix without a hitch.

RE: cartoons thread - Helmo - 07-21-2012

BLACK DYNAMITE

RE: cartoons thread - EvilRaccoon9 - 07-22-2012

Well....... Adventure time,adventure time and did I mention Adventure Time?
Pretty much the only good cartoon on TV....

Big Grin

RE: cartoons thread - Helmo - 07-22-2012

I think Adventure Time is really lame actually, I don't get why people like it that much. It has its moments I guess...

RE: cartoons thread - Virt - 07-22-2012

Actually I think the only good shows out there (other an animes, haven't watched those, but that's a different thread) are Young Justice, Green Lantern the Animated Series (it's decent), Phineas and Ferb (also decent), and Thundercats (which was evidently cancelled Cry).
My friend recommended Gravity Falls, but he says Adventure Time, Regular Show and Ninjago are good, so I'm not sure whether I should watch it or not...

RE: cartoons thread - ProtoTroid X - 07-23-2012

Plenty of good shows out there...it's just they're really hard to spot in a sea of not good cartoons (in my opinion anyway). From Cartoon Network I really only watch DC Nation shows, Thundercats, and I'll give the new Ben 10 a chance, but considering the bad taste the Ultimate Alien left...

Disney, I watch Avengers, occasionally Phineas and Ferb, and I'm considering watching Gravity Falls. I keep watching episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man, but they're really hit and miss for me, which is disappointing. Spectacular and SM:TAS were great shows, and Ultimate just isn't living up to them.

And then there's Nickolodeon...I only get one Nick Channel, and most of the cartoons it shows are things I don't really care for. The spin off shows of various Dreamworks movies don't interest me in the least, I've hated Spongebob for years, and the Fairly Odd Parents dropped in quality. Haven't bothered with TUFF Puppy...basically all I've watched from Nick these days is Korra. Just Korra. Though the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has my interest, so I hope it doesn't disappoint.

The Hub meanwhile continues to be unwatchable because my family can't afford a better cable package.

RE: cartoons thread - Kami - 07-23-2012

That's one of the reasons the internet is useful, if you can deal with subs(Which are better by the way, until you learn the language they are made in and watching them in their native language and to understand it is awsome.). Since the internet has a wide variety of choices as well as being able to choose when you see it. Tongue

RE: cartoons thread - TomGuycott - 07-23-2012

Uhh, today's episode of Adventure Time got a bit intense.

I know not everyone here likes the show, but damn, this episode dropped a lot of crazy stuff.

RE: cartoons thread - Gaia - 07-23-2012

@ProtoTroid X:

From what I've seen, TUFF Puppy uses the same erratic nonsenical humor (and art style!) as Fairly Odd Parents (and oddly enough, is considered a nicktoon by these standards). When I saw that, I decided to give it a pass because of some of the jokes can be in bad taste. >:B

I mainly watch Avengers and Ultimate Spider-Man on Disney. I don't get why people like Phineas and Ferb, which also leaves me scratchin' my head along with Adventure Time, I mostly stick to DC Nation and because of Ultimate Alien's...mishaps.. I miss Thundercats though.

Same reason, I only watch Nick for Korra. I mainly watch the Hub for nostalgia's sake, I'm not the one to watch MiI WiDdlE PoNeH (voices are hit and miss), Transformers counts since G1's on there with Prime.

RE: cartoons thread - Kitsu - 09-25-2012

So continuing the robot binge (albeit on this side of the pacific this time)

watching Transformers Animated

for a second, I almost posted this in the anime thread
and it almost wouldn't be wrong

RE: cartoons thread - Kami - 09-26-2012

(09-25-2012, 11:57 PM)Kitsu Wrote: So continuing the robot binge (albeit on this side of the pacific this time)

watching Transformers Animated

for a second, I almost posted this in the anime thread
and it almost wouldn't be wrong
You know better than to post american cartoons in the anime thread. That's a big No, No ;P

RE: cartoons thread - TomGuycott - 09-26-2012

So I've been watching a lot of Black Dynamite recently. Just saw the latest episode where he gets in a fight with armed frog puppets in a roller disco, and it's the coolest animation ever.

RE: cartoons thread - Helmo - 03-29-2013

ok im gonna bump this to say that

Dofus: The Treasures of Kerub is the shit