The VG Resource
What movie did you just watch? - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-16.html)
+----- Thread: What movie did you just watch? (/thread-17906.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: What movie did you just watch? - Emma - 03-02-2013

Goemar how can you hate Babe HOW CAN ANYONE NOT LIKE BABE I JUST ???

i watched Gattaca again today and ugh drowns in feelings about jude law and ethan hawke

and now i want to watch daybreakers again because ethan hawke

RE: What movie did you just watch? - Gwen - 03-02-2013

Silver Lining Playbook.
Fantastic movie!

RE: What movie did you just watch? - LauriJ - 03-04-2013

(02-25-2013, 06:16 AM)Hacksponge Wrote: the lovely bones..
not bad! Big Grin

Was it awesome?

RE: What movie did you just watch? - Goemar - 03-04-2013

(02-26-2013, 08:39 AM)puggsoy Wrote: The Pirates! Band of Misfits.

It was awesome, Aardman films are always so good because you know why they took so long and all the work that went into them. Their claymation never fails to amaze me, every film is better quality than the last. It's also purely coincidental that we saw it while I had this avatar.

But yeah the actual film was great. It was also awesome to hear "I'm Not Crying" in it Big Grin

I love Aardman but Pirates... I don't know, did nothing for me. The characters weren't that interesting and the story just seemed like something that had been done a lot of times before and better. Maybe as a 30 minute shabang, but as a feature length film - it needed a lot more interesting an idea.

As for Babe. I loved it as a kid. I had great memories of it. But watching it again - god it just made me angry, that's how bad it was. The annoying voice of the mice on the screen changes, the farmer's wife... ah just so terrible.

RE: What movie did you just watch? - Emma - 03-04-2013

Wait, wait, when you say Pirates! do you mean Pirates! In An Adventure With Scientists

did they change the name for the american release or something

i saw that a while ago anyway and i liked it a lot but yeah it did drag in places

and as usual the most fun part of films like that is guessing who does which voices tbh

RE: What movie did you just watch? - puggsoy - 03-04-2013

I admit it wasn't the best Aardman film, but they're so infrequent that I really appreciate every one. It did drag on in places and wasn't really the most fantastic story, but it was good for what it was imo. Maybe I'm a soft film critic but I enjoyed it.

Also yeah I wasn't really concentrating on the voices, I knew Hugh Grant was The Pirate Captain and David Tennant was Charles, but my sister also pointed out that Number Two was Martin Freeman, which was pretty cool.

RE: What movie did you just watch? - Emma - 03-05-2013

Literally nobody in my house figured out the Pirate Captain was Hugh Grant, basically the only person we knew about in advance was David Tennant so there was a lot of OH MY GOD OF COURSE yelling at the telly at the credits.

RE: What movie did you just watch? - Goemar - 03-08-2013

It took me years to realise Rowan Atkinson was in Lion King...

And yes here it's Pirates! An Adventure with Scientists. I have no idea why the US changed it except for stupid reasons like: kids hate science or something lame...

Ware-Rabbit is probably the only great feature length Aardman film. Chicken Run was good (and better then pirates in my opinion) but it never quite got the magic.

RE: What movie did you just watch? - Koopaul - 03-11-2013

Saw Oz the Great and Powerful. Since The Wizard of Oz is one of my most favorite movies of all time, the bar was set pretty freaking high.

So what did think of it? It wasn't a musical, of course. The acting wasn't as funny or hammy as it should have been. Too much cgi and not enough practical effects. Actors were playing parts they shouldn't have. And Danny Elfman is losing his touch... he hasn't written a memorable score in years. But I knew all that coming in.

But honestly? After watching it I see it could have been much worse for what Hollywood does these days. So I guess it's better than I expected? One thing that really disappointing me the most was:

When dealing with iconic characters and their origins... be careful.

RE: What movie did you just watch? - TomGuycott - 03-11-2013

Watched Cabin in the Woods with my siblings and some friends last night. I knew a few spoilers ahead of time due to not really thinking I was gonna see it, but even so I was surprised most of the time. Was a really good movie.

RE: What movie did you just watch? - Ton - 03-13-2013

"Cabin in the Woods" is amazing.
Meanwhile, I saw "The Sting" with Robert Redford, which is now on my list of favorite movies. I watched "The Descent" again, too. VERY solid horror movie.

RE: What movie did you just watch? - Gwen - 03-13-2013

I like the first of of Cabin in the Woods, and then the second half completely loses my interest.
It's like they gave up trying to be the unconventional, original horror movie and started laying in every cliche imaginable, which really annoyed me.

RE: What movie did you just watch? - Ton - 03-13-2013

Without the second half, it would be a completely forgettable, bland horror movie. The joke is that the first half is spent setting up conventions that we all know and are familiar with and the second half turns it all on its head.

RE: What movie did you just watch? - Gwen - 03-13-2013

The first half was great because of how they set it up where as the second half dives straight into cliches and stupid luck for main characters for no reason

RE: What movie did you just watch? - Maxpphire - 03-13-2013

That was the point, it purposely went in that direction to actually make fun of the cliches if I remember proper. Either way, I enjoyed the movie myself, it's always fun to watch more then once because you notice more things the more you watch it.