The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 12-05-2011

So I got into an accident over the weekend while driving home. My car slid on ice and I hit an exit sign. I thought things would be fine, just need a new front bumper and such when it was determined by my insurance company, the damages will cost to much to fix. Well I'm out of a car now, fuck me, I have a job down back home 40 miles from where I reside with no means to get to it now.
Also my self confidence has plummeted, and I'm considering shaving off my mohawk.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Alpha Six - 12-05-2011

So I just got home from a pretty good weekend. I asked my roommate if he had dropped money off and talked to the landlord about our extension yet. He told me not to ride his ass about it.

So I'm home, there's no money, and we've already started getting late charges.

Thanks. Now you know why I was "riding your ass" about it. :l
guess i'm not buying groceries this week

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 12-05-2011

(12-05-2011, 02:45 PM)Argyle Bastard Wrote: Also my self confidence has plummeted, and I'm considering shaving off my mohawk.

DON'T DO IT! Very Sad

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 12-05-2011

I... Don't know how I should feel, sometimes.

On the one hand, I've got some very wonderful friends who are all I have to live for at the moment, and on the other I'm still (sort of) alone, stressed out and miserable.

:/

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Devicho - 12-05-2011

Goddamn really bitchy pair of customers today.

We closed early due to the weather and the fact that so few people were coming in, and there were notes on every single door informing people that we would be closing down at 7. Despite this, this couple comes in five minutes before we close and I take their order at the register. I had to repeat practically everything to them, though and in general they didn't even seem to know what they wanted.

They wound up getting a sandwich, a plate of chili nachos, and a bread bowl of chili. When they got their order... they complained about getting chili nachos and a bread bowl of chili? Apparently the complaint was the chili nachos weren't how they usually get them, but they were no different than any other chili nachos I have ever rung up. (You can get the regular nachos with a scoop of chili mixed into the cheese, but you have to specifically ask for that. These people didn't so I don't know if that's what they wanted or not.) I wasn't the one who delivered the food, myself, but they still complained about me giving them not the kind of nachos they wanted.

They pulled me over at some point as I was sweeping, and asked for more cheese to sprinkle over the nachos because I guess there wasn't enough. I run back to get more, but we're officially closed by then and almost nothing is left in the kitchen, so one of the cooks gives me what's left of the cheese. When I give it to the customers, they don't say anything but happily take it. A little later, they call for a manager and complain that I gave them the wrong stuff or something, then complained about me giving them the tiniest amount of cheese despite explaining that it's all we had.

They at no point complained about the cook that put the food together, the girl who brought them the food, anything like that. They reserved their anger for me and me alone and I don't know why because I rung up exactly what they asked for and I had nothing to do with the preparation of the food. At least I'm not in trouble, because everyone else working with me was mad at them too.

tl;dr ver = fuck

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - PrettyNier - 12-06-2011

man i am feeling completely and totally unsatisfied and annoyed on every possible level

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Sol - 12-06-2011

hung out with a couple of people tonight

time to go over every little thing I did to embarrass myself

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Chutzpar - 12-06-2011

(12-05-2011, 02:45 PM)Argyle Bastard Wrote: Also my self confidence has plummeted, and I'm considering shaving off my mohawk.

This sounds incredibly silly, but have you thought about dying it a new colour?

I found when I started getting in a funk about my self image and was thinking about making A Radical Change like that, making a smaller change sometimes made me feel a bit better c:

Also I really regret ditching my mohawk and I don't want you to make the same mistake I did!

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 12-06-2011

(12-06-2011, 08:39 AM)Stabsinthe Wrote:

This sounds incredibly silly, but have you thought about dying it a new colour?

I found when I started getting in a funk about my self image and was thinking about making A Radical Change like that, making a smaller change sometimes made me feel a bit better c:

Also I really regret ditching my mohawk and I don't want you to make the same mistake I did!

I've thought about making it white but that would be ridiculously expensive, I guess I could try blue again, but I don't know Sad
I'm going to wait until I have my face covered in hair again before I decide. This weekend just hit me in the stomach, with the car accident that's left my car totaled and all that bullshit.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Rosencrantz - 12-06-2011

if you can somehow get your hair painted in flannel I will love you forever

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Chutzpar - 12-06-2011

that'd probably be doable on the shorter shaved bits, actually, if you've got a friend you trust to do it. Probably wouldn't last very long before it turned into sort of a vague blur tho :v

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 12-06-2011

There was a pretty big fuckup at work just now and I'm pretty sure I'm being blamed for it.

A work van came through the drive thru and made a 40 dollar order. Among other things, he ordered four large #6 combos, all with bacon on them.

About two months ago, our combo numbers changed and the old #6, the spicy chicken sandwich, is now the #7. Why they didn't just make the new sandwich the #11 i'll never know, but I blame that on our incompetent marketing.

Anyway, so guy orders the sandwiches and pays. It takes a shitload of time to make four double bacon cheeseburger combos, so naturally we've been waiting for a while and there's a line behind this guy.

We hand him his food, and he's like "this isn't my order."
so we're like "er.. sir, you ordered four #6 combos, right?" And he says yes and we're like "okay, that's four #6 combos"

So guy sits there and says he wants spicy chicken sandwiches instead because that's what he ordered (he didn't)

So my manager got really pissed off and was like WHY DID YOU RING HIM UP FOR CHEESEBURGERS WHEN HE ORDERED CHICKEN SANDWICHES and i'm trying to explain that the guy clearly said #6 and at no point did he say anything about chicken. My sandwich maker, who also wears a headset so she can hear orders, heard it as well and was trying to back me up but my manager was adamant that the guy said spicy chicken. Needless to say, I lost that argument.

So my boss walks over and is gets pissed off at the clusterfuck occurring in the drivethru, and I get yelled at about how I should have known what sandwich he was ordering.

So a bunch more time gets wasted as we remake the guy's sandwiches.
A few minutes later, we get an angry phonecall from my boss' boss.

Turns out, the fucker called both our survey line and complaint line and told them that I messed up his order on purpose and wasted his time.

Not only did he call, but the three other people he ordered for also called.

Both my boss and manager are pissed off at me because some dumbfuck customer wouldnt take three seconds to look at the menu and there's nothing I can do about it.

Fuck.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Maxpphire - 12-06-2011

(12-06-2011, 02:27 PM)Vipershark Wrote: About two months ago, our combo numbers changed and the old #6, the spicy chicken sandwich, is now the #7. Why they didn't just make the new sandwich the #11 i'll never know, but I blame that on our incompetent marketing.

Actually this is because they wanted all of the beef sandwiches and chicken items together in numerical order. (Not so incompetent, but highly confusing regardless)

Try actually explaining to your store manager what happened and bring the sandwich girl with you to back you up, because that is kinda unfair for them to be yelling at you about a confusion that has been happening all over the place. (Here the change was made one month ago and I can still hear over the headset people complain about "Oh hey I ordered a chicken sandwich not beef, why does it say beef on the screen???????" or even people correcting themselves while they are ordering.)

Edit: Oh, hang on, I was actually going to make a post in here.

So I've been majorly stressed out about things as of late and the way I deal with stress is less then favorable. How do you guys deal with stress? Maybe I can replace one of my bad habits with a better one.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 12-06-2011

@kat: yeah, i know they did the numbers like that but according to my boss the W is only a temporary item, so it really doesn't make sense to me to do a complete board change for a promo item
just stick it as an 11 and have no problems. The 10 peice was perfect at the number 10. Why change that?

I HATE PEOPLE
SO MUCH

i just got home from work and it's been an incredibly shitty day so far

after the fuckup earlier we had customers out the ass nonstop until 5 o clock. That happened around 2:30-ish.
No time to stock, no time to do anything. All. Day. Long.
I was out of supplies on everything all day and we had huge orders and i swear there must have been some kind of notice sent out to every stupid customer telling them to come in today because we had nothing but braindead people all day long
i hate dealing with people, much less stupid people and all of them were there at the same time
there was some kind of stupid problem every couple of orders and AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

HATE PEOPLE SO MUCH
i'm legitimately dumbfounded as to how civilization has advanced this far
why is it called common sense if absolutely nobody has it

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Devicho - 12-06-2011

Makes me glad I don't work in fast food specifically but yeah I hear you on the dumb customers. Normally I'm surprisingly patient IRL when dealing with customers, but after having to explain simple things that require only a moment of reading (Such as what side dishes we have, what soups we have, and can we really get any sandwich with the Choose Two deal which clearly says "any sandwich" in the description?) with probably 80% of customers it honestly gets pretty annoying.

Also once in a while I'll get someone who orders something and wants me to make all these changes to their order--which I have to manually edit in either through menu options or leaving a note for the chefs--and while I'm trying to do that they're flying through the rest of the order like there's no tomorrow. Holy hell slow down for like three seconds please.