The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kriven - 07-25-2011

Chills now = swimming in Antarctica.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - ApocHedgie - 07-26-2011

My oldest cat, Stimpy died today at the age of 13(ish).

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - LeleleleMAXIMUM - 07-26-2011

oh man when i have chills i scare everyone because my teeth literally chatter and i groan like an asshole.
hope you get well kriven although wtf are you doing using a computer. when i have chills i can't do anything with my hands. Shocked

Apoc: that is an old cat RIP

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kriven - 07-26-2011

Savant: Pretty much the same thing was going on with me. I was shaking something terrible.

Typing was not easy, but I've basically lived on a computer for the past decade, so it's second nature. I seem to be getting better, but now I'm fluzuating between chills and incredibly hot. It's kind of annoying x.x;

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - LeleleleMAXIMUM - 07-26-2011

sick man ^5

i fluctuate between chills and sweating like a pig
hot water bottles and ice bags
blankets and electric fans

it's pretty frustrating

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Marth - 07-26-2011

Why is oblivion such a hard game? I mean, I love it but damn.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 07-27-2011

I'm assuming you're playing the 360 version?
It has the scaling difficulty thing.

I haven't played oblivion yet so i can't really explain it well, but the game scales difficulty depending on which skills you choose or something like that; if you choose common skills (meaning, the ones that you'll level up quickly) then the game will scale with those skills and get REALLY FUCKING HARD because it thinks you're stronger than you are because those specific skills are a high level while everything else isn't.

Basically, the trick to making the game easier (or at least not as hard as it is) is to set skills that are far less common; since you don't level them as much, the difficulty curve is much shallower.

I know that was the vaguest explanation ever, but having not played it before I can;t really get much more specific.

If you're playing the PC version though, just go download some mods and that'll fix everything.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Chutzpar - 07-27-2011

The higher level you are, the bigger and scarier things become. It happens faster if you choose something like athletics or acrobatics as one of your tag skills, because they go up much more quickly. Your level only goes up when you get your tag skills up. I *think* your tag skills will go up slightly faster than your other skills (and you start with them at a higher level, anyway).
Honestly, taking athletics or acrobatics as a tag skill is a silly idea anyway, you don't get many bonuses for doing so, so you'd be better off choosing something more directly related to magic, combat or stealth.

Enemies are levelled; I can't remember the exact levelling without getting out my brother's guide, but it's something like, monsters in the countryside are usually around your level, and 'boss' characters are always five levels above yours.
If you're on PC, there's a few balancing mods. I've not used any, but read around on TESNexus and you should find some. My understanding of it is that some are designed to make it easier, some harder, and there are some that just makes it a more 'real' experience, so *parts* will be harder and parts will be easier in the same mod.
Guh I still haven't had my sick pay from being signed off. I'm sure I'm entitled to it
I hope I don't have to apply for it through social services, they're shite Very Sad

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Devicho - 07-27-2011

The Day I Got Two Hours of Sleep and Vomited Four Times in the Morning new children's bestseller by Devicho.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Marth - 07-27-2011

Yeah 360, I may have fucked myself. I completed the arena questline before really continuing the main one, so now I'm like level 6 when maybe I should be around level 2 or 3? The Daedra cult members are ambushing me like all hell. But I managed to get a lesser lighting staff from one, and I have collected quite a few soul gems from walking around, so I think I may have just gotten myself out of the hole I'm currently in. Seeing as this staff blasts enemies across the room in a matter of one to two blasts(max)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Sol - 07-27-2011

Well, if it ever gets too difficult, there is always the difficulty slider in the options menu. I had a lot of trouble with the scaling difficulty thing in my first file years ago, but then I made a second file and I seemed to do really well, even though I did the silly thing Tachikoma mentioned and made two of my major skills Acrobatics and Athletics. :X

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 07-27-2011

>Friend is sad
>I'm sad because friend is sad
>2 other friends are sad because I'm sad
>Everyone is sad all of the time

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Maxpphire - 07-27-2011

The awesome name I was going to make Soap and other body cleaning products under is already taken.

and Geeky Clean was so perfect too u_u

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Helmo - 07-27-2011

my left eye keeps drifting off to the left and its really pissing me off

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kriven - 07-27-2011

I have to be the only guy in the world who is incapable of making grilled cheese without burning himself to hell and back >.>;