The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 11-22-2011

Agh, getting out of classes at 10 really makes me not want to work til Midnight tonight. bleh, oh well a job = money and I want Skyward Sword Big Grin

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 11-23-2011

My perception of time is all screwed up :[

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Dazz - 11-23-2011

Got invited to an interview for an Amazon.co.uk warehouse operative. All went well until I started to leave, and they noticed that I don't have experience with a forklift, nor do I have a drivers liscence...
Why not tell me I need them on the fucking phone when they invited me in, or on the application?

I'm so pissed off it's unreal.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Marth - 11-23-2011

You need a drivers license to operate a fork lift? Since when?

Also, packed up almost all of my art shit. This is taking forever, I don't even want to begin taking apart the drafting table.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Alpha Six - 11-23-2011

Forklift licenses and drivers licenses are completely different... unless they require both in the UK?

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Chutzpar - 11-23-2011

I think most places expect a driver's license before they train you on forklifts, yeah. I don't think it's a legal requirement, but it's the done thing I think?

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - PatientZero - 11-23-2011

I think people are getting confused here, he said he doesn't have forklift experience or a drivers license, not because he doesn't have a drivers license.
I remember when I was on the job market a lot of places required you to have a drivers license, including places that have nothing to do with driving, it's just down to the job, for example an office in an industrial park may not have easy access via public transport, so you'd need a drivers license so you could drive to/from the office.
Same goes for any job that might need to call you in during an emergency, if you're a server admin and the network goes down during the night, you might have to drive there to fix the problem, that kind of idea.

So it's like applying for a job in a bakery, but not getting it because you don't have a drivers license or experience baking cakes, you don't need a drivers license to bake a cake, but you need both to get the job.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - StarSock64 - 11-23-2011

Forcing yourself to start with the most difficult parts of homework instead of going through all the easy parts first is really hard.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Marth - 11-24-2011

thanksgiving....
25+ people in my house....
not one of them like me

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 11-24-2011

So I would really like to get Skyward Sword, and Target has a really good deal where I can get the black wii with motionplus controller and nunchuck, Skyward Sword, New Super Mario Bros, and the Galaxy soundtrack for $150. I technically already have a wii, but can't take it back to the dorms with me as my family uses it for Netflix, even though it's mine.....
So I told my mom and she just says "You don't have the money"
Uhm, yes I do, and even if it leaves me a tad short and I'd have to be more frugal for a few weeks, I have a job now, which I got so I could buy stuff again. I don't appreciate my parents controlling my finances and telling me what I do and don't have when I very well know my situation.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 11-24-2011

i blacked out and fell down the stairs and hurt my foot
lol whoops

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Rosencrantz - 11-25-2011

Finally got the motivation to build a game engine in Java

then I decided that I don't like the sprite style I was planning on using

and I'm torn between using the originally planned sprites (which fit the purposes of the kind of game I want to use the engine for, but are too small and are incredibly simplistic) and just coming up with a new style (make them larger, try to keep them cute, but I've got no good ideas)

I could just build the engine now but part of the original motivation was of me thinking I had some good sprites going. Now that I'm torn with how I want to do this, I just can't get myself to do it :C

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 11-25-2011

(11-24-2011, 10:37 PM)Vipershark Wrote: i blacked out and fell down the stairs and hurt my foot
lol whoops

This has nearly happened to me a few times, blacking out on the stairs. Not for a while though, over the recent weeks I've not been passing out as much as I was earlier in the year.

You're pretty lucky to have only hurt your foot, Vipershark.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 11-25-2011

I've passed out very sudden-like once, several years ago, a bit after I ate some cocktail sauce (which I hate). :I

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Shawn - 11-25-2011

i am soooo fucking sick today Sad