The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Sol - 10-29-2011

It's snowing where I am, too. I pretty much have no problem with it, as long as I don't need to get out there and shovel it. If I have to shovel as much snow this winter as I did last winter I don't think I'll survive.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 10-29-2011

Both Winter and Summer have their perks for me. I love wearing tank tops and such during the summer, but love scarfs, jackets, coats, and STYLE in the winter. It was hard to accept, and even though I still get band tee's, I love to be stylish :B

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 10-29-2011

I already miss Summer.

I think it's stopped snowing for the most part but the sun won't come out and melt it, and it's mushy soggy icky out there.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Phantom Killah - 10-29-2011

(10-28-2011, 06:22 PM)Phantom K Wrote: nnnngh, I have to write a C++ program that evaluates any prefix expression the user inputs (i.e. + 10 11 =21, + 25 - 43 21 =47), and I've wrote something that can only evaluate expressions with single digit operands(like +99=18 and -5*22=1), but I have no idea how to expand this to multiple digit operands.

I've spent forever trying to figure this out and it's due Tuesday, it's starting to get very irritating/stressful :/

So my program now evaluates with two digit operands(Yes!) but my old error handling method now does not work at all, and is going to be a huge pain in the ass to fix it (ugh.)

And error handling is important, I lost 20% on my last project for forgetting to include it.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - TomGuycott - 10-29-2011

(10-29-2011, 01:54 PM)Stabsinthe Wrote:
(10-29-2011, 10:26 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: It's now snowing. In October. Hnnnnngh.

Snow rules. Peace.

(I love snow, seriously. An excuse to bundle up and wear big stompy boots, yessss)

yeah, but you know what snow in october on the american east coast entails? there are still leaves all over the trees. the trees become heavy. the trees fall over. cars become congested in the worst possible places. people drive like assholes and almost kill each other because they shouldn't be driving in GOOD weather. power lines get covered in ice and fall. transformers explode. power goes out.

i'm so fucking unhappy right now because i had to stay at work watching this whole thing escalate from 10 to 5, only 2 hours before the end of the actual store hours, abandon my car to ride with my friend and coworker who lives 5 minutes from where we work, and it too a fucking hour and a half. believe me, there are times when it is VERY okay to hate the snow

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Chutzpar - 10-29-2011

That sounds shitty. Very Sad

I don't think I've ever seen snow in autumn, at least not severely enough to cause that kind of havoc. The only problem I've had in my area with snow is that it tends to thaw and refreeze a lot, so there's a big problem with black ice (which makes traffic a laugh riot as well as making it really hard to walk anywhere. Especially because my area's pretty hilly)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Alpha Six - 10-29-2011

hi guys, when your computer is on life support and your life literally revolves around computers, LIFE GETS REALLY FUCKING BORING

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Rosencrantz - 10-29-2011

friend wanted me to do an assload of sprites for him by monday for a competition

I didn't get started on any of them.

o̊́no̊̀

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Devicho - 10-29-2011

So I really like Pizza Hut, but it's sort of expensive so we don't get it very often.
Today while I was at work, what does my family get for dinner while I'm away?

You're all cocks.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Orgasmatron - 10-30-2011

pizza hut is kind of gross

so is dominos

denville pizza is the best you guys dont know what youre missing

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 10-30-2011

I don't know what that is but PH and Dominos are really the best I've eaten. Though now we always get 7-Eleven pizza (which I'd recommend if you want pizza but not much cash), which is very good but I'd like Dominos every now and then too...

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Rosencrantz - 10-30-2011

Pizza Hut's great, Domino's is decent but the crust is amazing, but I think all-around I'll go with Papa John's

B-)

but yeah instead of the three big brands I instead get local pizza that's within three blocks of my dorm. There are literally five hole-in-the-wall pizza places around here and they are all amazing.

I'M NOT COUNTING THE FUCKING BRICK-OVEN PIZZA TRUCK. YES, I MEAN EXACTLY WHAT I JUST SAID. A lunch truck that has a brick oven in it. And they cook pizza in that thing. It's so great omg Heart

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 10-30-2011

Feeling drowzy today. And, it's been another one of those days where I'm hungry, but have no desire to eat anything.

:/

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Sonikku - 10-30-2011

so a 750 word essay due at midnight

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO INSTEAD OF THAT?

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 10-30-2011

(10-30-2011, 02:45 PM)Rλy Wrote: Feeling drowzy today. And, it's been another one of those days where I'm hungry, but have no desire to eat anything.

:/

Continued

Friend made me a sandwich, sort of had to force myself to eat it but now my hunger pains are gone. I'm still feeling more sleepy than I should be, but eh, whatever.

I've not been able to sleep properly as of late. I keep waking up in the middle of the night, then I lie awake for about half an hour before falling asleep again. Sometimes, this happens multiple times in a single night. *sigh*

At least, I've been feeling a little more constructive lately. I've spent an hour or two today messing about with sprites, so that was time not completely wasted.