The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Chutzpar - 10-24-2011

I think I just need to
learn to tone down the dorkiness until I know someone a bit better
I mean being excited about THE METALS or weird biological facts are probably sort of endearing once you know someone, but when you're only just getting to know them it makes you seem like you don't have a filter. x:

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 10-24-2011

You and I both.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Alpha Six - 10-24-2011

lol if you don't dream about everyone you've ever had any sort of connection with and wake up in the morning wanting to cry and/or die

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 10-24-2011

Uhm

Yesterday, while I was sitting on the sofa, I apparently fell asleep and slid onto the floor without getting back up. My friend noticed, then she shook me slightly until I woke up, and helped me back onto the sofa. What's wierd is, I don't remember any of this.

I bet the pills had something to do with this. Or, maybe I was just tired, I don't remember :/

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - PatientZero - 10-25-2011

I think I need to set myself at least one day a week as time off, I'm one of those terrible breed of people who can't seem to ever switch off, if I spend too long not doing anything "productive" I get really uncomfortable and even nervous that I'm wasting time.
I've told myself over and over again that time spent enjoying yourself isn't wasted, but I'm a stubborn asshole and never listen.

The idea of taking an entire day off to just relax feels like such a waste of my talents (check out the massive ego up in this bitch), but I guess it's the only way I can avoid burning myself out.
Again.
Like I always do.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 10-25-2011

awww fuck

looks like things are taking a turn for the worst again
depression time
here it comes

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Chutzpar - 10-25-2011

(10-25-2011, 01:40 AM)PatientZero Wrote: I think I need to set myself at least one day a week as time off, I'm one of those terrible breed of people who can't seem to ever switch off, if I spend too long not doing anything "productive" I get really uncomfortable and even nervous that I'm wasting time.
I've told myself over and over again that time spent enjoying yourself isn't wasted, but I'm a stubborn asshole and never listen.

The idea of taking an entire day off to just relax feels like such a waste of my talents (check out the massive ego up in this bitch), but I guess it's the only way I can avoid burning myself out.
Again.
Like I always do.
can we swap
I would love to have some semblance of a work ethic
I'm one of those people who has to like, trick myself into being productive.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 10-25-2011

I don't think I can eat anything without throwing up today. :/

Ugh, I hate feeling like this. And it's like I'm getting sick every other day, so there's not a whole lot of respite from this Sick

WHEN WILL IT END.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 10-25-2011

My bunny Hana died.

Sorry to hear that, Miss Jetters :<

It's awful losing animals. I've lost quite a few over the years, though not always because of death.

I would really like to just

disappear

is it plausible for you to see a therapist or see about getting medication?
if you can afford it, i mean

i don't wanna be all GRAR GRAR DRUG YO'SELF UP but I put off getting help for a long time, and other than a kind of unpleasant adjustment period, going on celexa / citalopram has worked out pretty well for me. I still occasionally have problems with Unpleasant Thoughts and the odd off-day but I'm mostly keeping it together a lot better than before.

it's plausible, yes, but
I'm not really sure that's something that I want to do

It just seems like it would create more problems than it solves.

Based on..?
I won't lie and say that it's side-effect free but mostly it's just kind of
elevating you enough to be able to cope without going to pieces

At least keep them in mind. Even if it's just therapy rather than getting medicated.

You know, Vipershark, you just might want to look into depression meds or therapy or something. It'd probably serve you better than doing nothing.

I wish I could say the same, as the various side effects of the depression pills they gave me earlier in the year were very unpleasant, let me tell you. But I wouldn't let that discourage you, everyone has different reactions to these sort of things, after all :x