The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Koopaul - 10-22-2011

I know Arnold Schwarzenegger's pain.

(Junior joke)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Marth - 10-23-2011

Just shocked/electrocuted myself. I'm gonna say it was like an inbetween the two I guess? I mean it was more than a quick shock because it ran up my arm and to my neck somewhat, it didn't hurt though it was just like a vibration running through me. It was weird as hell though and now i feel all weird and somewhat light headed.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 10-23-2011

You know thlose electric plasma ball things which shoot electricity at your hand when you touch them?
one time at target they had one on display and I was touching it

It took me a while to realize that the tickling/burning sensation that was getting worse and worse was actually me completing a circuit by resting my other hand on the (metal) shelf

I had to be standing there like 5 minutes straight just electrocuting myself, not knowing what was going on (then of course once I realized what it was I kept doing it because I thought it was cool)

Fortunately it wasn't very powerful, but still.

I also got shocked by the power supply on my sega saturn once and I felt that for hours
it's the weirdest sensation.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 10-23-2011

I've had a couple of electric shocks before.

The last one I remember was from a couple of weeks ago, when I was re-arranging the television's speakers. I was feeling around behind the television when I touched a stray wire by accident, and got a bit of a jolt. Nothing serious.

There have been one or two incidents where I've been zapped by things higher in voltage than a speaker, which were rather unpleasant, but they didn't last longer than a split second.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 10-23-2011

I've only ever experienced those tiny shocks from touching people and such.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 10-23-2011

I'm really down in the dumps right now.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Chutzpar - 10-23-2011

(10-23-2011, 01:26 PM)Flannel Bastard Wrote: I'm really down in the dumps right now.

Try to keep yourself distracted and not to spend too much time on your own. Otherwise you start dwelling on stuff and make yourself feel worse :c

(10-23-2011, 12:44 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: I've only ever experienced those tiny shocks from touching people and such.

Oh, those are fun :>

You know, sometimes people can get struck by lightning. My grandmother knew someone who died that way :/

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 10-23-2011

I've heard that touching a charged capacitor in a crt feels roughly the same as taking a shotgun blast full force

...which I guess makes sense seeing as crts and psus can kill you

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 10-23-2011

(10-23-2011, 02:16 PM)Rλy Wrote: Oh, those are fun :>

You know, sometimes people can get struck by lightning. My grandmother knew someone who died that way :/

I already know this though, Mom tells me all the time, hence why I'm afraid of lightning like everyone else. :/

But the tiny shocks are actually a little painful to me. :<

I'm probably weak/sensitive.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Orgasmatron - 10-23-2011

(10-23-2011, 02:27 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: I already know this though, Mom tells me all the time, hence why I'm afraid of lightning like everyone else. :/

But the tiny shocks are actually a little painful to me. :<

i dont know a single person who is afraid of lightning there is no reason to be

and the shocks are startling at most

(10-23-2011, 02:39 PM)Orgasmatron Wrote: i dont know a single person who is afraid of lightning there is no reason to be

Well, think about it.

Even though the probability of being struck by lightning is incredibly low, and on top of that only about one in ten lightning strikes on humans are fatal, victims are still likely to suffer permanent or semi-permanent after effects including severe electrical burns and such.

Lightning strikes aren't something I'd be afraid of, exactly, but it doesn't hurt to be cautious.

(10-23-2011, 02:27 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: But the tiny shocks are actually a little painful to me. :<

Well, you've mentioned previously that you're kind of small, so I'd imagine you would feel electrical shocks to a greater degree than average people.
Myself, I'm about average in height/somewhat below average in weight, but I don't recall feeling any real pain from electrical shocks; rather, they were just uncomfortable.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Chutzpar - 10-23-2011

But if you're lucky you can get a lichtenberg figure:
[Image: tumblr_lsnm33apsT1qjcf0do1_r1_400.jpg]
which looks totally awesome.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Rosencrantz - 10-23-2011

Heh, my grandmom actually did get struck by lightning.

She was sitting in a metal chair during a thunderstorm for some reason, then suddenly she got hit. It didn't really hurt her, though !!

God bless her soul ;,(

anyhoo, unrelated unhappy: violent stomach pains yesterday (yet again), and it sucks since I have yet to figure out how to actually treat it, not to mention that I still haven't figured out what could be the cause of it.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Tellis - 10-23-2011

My electronics seem to be dropping like flies. My Dreamcast's disc-spinning motor seems to be breaking down, it's not spinning fast enough (or sometimes not spinning at all) to read discs correctly, stopping me at the menu screen or the Sega logo of most games. This happening less than a week after picking up Grandia II and right before the final stage of Jet Grind Radio is just icing on the cake. The Wii's been getting a lot worse about overheating lately, I think it's an issue with the fan. It used to only do it while it was pretty hot outside during the summer, but it's now doing it even now in the summer, so I guess it's just gotten worse since it first happened. And today I had to reset our router since nothing was able to connect to it. Not a big issue but I really hope it isn't a sign of problems to come with it.

Man, next thing you know my PS3's gonna melt or my N64's gonna explode...