The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - [robo9] - 10-20-2011

I honestl have no clue on why my dad insists on me telling him what on my mind whenever he yells at me. He knows for damn sure he doesn't actually want to listen to what I want to say, and that whatever I say will just cause a bigger shitfest.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - StarSock64 - 10-21-2011

Wow so, this is good for a laugh

This kid from high school noticed that I messaged my new friend from college. He decided he likes her based on how she looks and her listed interests. So he tells me he's gonna message her.

He's dead serious.

I barely even know this girl. I just talk to her in class sometimes. But he sends her a message anyway. Part of his message is "AND I CAN'T BELIEVE ANGIE HAS A FRIEND! Well a friend from PUC anyways. I'm so proud of her! She's all grown up and stuff. *sniffle*"
He...seems to have the impression that I'm as bad at being social as he is. I'm not bad at being social, I just keep my social life quiet and small on purpose, don't drag me into this. This girl also has a BOYFRIEND, but he...found it to be a good thing because "Besides, I have a much easier time getting to know chicks with boyfriends. It takes the pressure off my animal brain." This is gonna be really awkward to explain to her, but honestly I'm just kind of laughing about it. I'm not even gonna bother getting upset over it, it's not really hurting me. This kid does so many bizarre and desperate things that my health couldn't afford me getting upset every time. I won't bother telling him to stop, either, because he doesn't learn, and telling him to stop usually ends up in some pseudo-logical explanation for his actions anyway. Funnily enough, he's incredibly arrogant. Don't tell him that though, he'll just say he's misunderstood.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 10-21-2011

Sad all day

Sad every day

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Alpha Six - 10-21-2011

bills are due today and I still haven't done the alloted amount of work I was going to do, guess who's rushing to get his shit done

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Maxpphire - 10-21-2011

So my firend is picking me up in 10 minutes to bring me to work because my boss apparnetly cannot read my application which says that I can't go in before 2pm, I have not slept at all, my brain has pretty much clogged up thought process and now I'm beinging to feel really really tired.

Oh and this work shift is an 8 hour shift.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 10-21-2011

(10-21-2011, 07:00 AM)Rλy Wrote: Sad all day

Sad every day

Been feeling really depressed since last night
It won't go away

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 10-21-2011

(10-21-2011, 01:05 PM)Vipershark Wrote: Been feeling really depressed since last night
It won't go away

My depression is persisting also.
Usually, the affection from my friends sort of dulls the pain I'm feeling but right now, nothing is working so I'm constantly feeling terrible. Perhaps it's related to the new pills I've been given, or perhaps not. I'm only supposed to take them for a week, so I'll know soon enough if they're messing with my head.

What's gnawing at you, Vipershark?

everything

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Devicho - 10-21-2011

Why do I have to sit here and debate with a friend things like income inequality or healthcare issues in America? It's like he's building up a mental wall that prevents anything from actually sinking in and just tosses out whatever weak defense he can. "Higher minimum wage means less jobs!" Since you know with our lowering minimum wage business is booming. "Well then why do people come here for medical care?" That's a good question honestly, considering we charge an arm and a leg for service and that medical bills are the biggest cause in bankruptcy here. I guess maybe we can provide really good care depending on what exactly you need. Hopefully not preventative care since we don't seem to be great at preventing health problems like obesity and sexual diseases/unwanted pregnancy.

not to nitpick, but

unwanted pregnancy isn't really a "health problem" per se, seeing as how it's... rather easily avoided
it's more facing the consequences of a bad decision than anything.

(yes, this doesn't apply to all cases (rape being the most obvious one) but I think you get the point)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Devicho - 10-21-2011

It's easily avoided so long as people are actually informed as to the protections they can take against it and are actually given access to birth control. Both of these things are not really as available as they should be, though, what with the rather high presence of abstinence-only sex ed in schools and things like trying to cut funding to places like Planned Parenthood which is a key component in providing birth control and related services to lower-income women.

There are also things Mississippi Prop 26 (Personhood Act) which are vague enough to where they could be used to deny access to birth control under the pretext that the fertilized egg is a person, and some methods of birth control work after fertilization rather than preventing it specifically.

Both of these are just components in a larger problem, I'd say.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Chutzpar - 10-21-2011

(10-21-2011, 05:07 PM)Vipershark Wrote: it's... rather easily avoided

only if you literally never have sex
and that's an unrealistic and unfair expectation for most people

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Alpha Six - 10-21-2011

Just paid my power bill and I now have about $5 left and rent is due in 10 days hahahaahahahahahahahaha

this is a pretty awful month

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - [robo9] - 10-22-2011

So let's see, when should I have walked away? When my mom said shed slap the shit out of me if I told her to calm down aain, where I told her the reason mygrades are low because I forget my homework and her immediate answer to that was bullshit, whenever she compared me to my dead beat uncle who's hooked on drugs and doesn't do shit for his family, or when ever she was finished ranting and raving.(which is what I wound up doing)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Chutzpar - 10-22-2011

really brain thanks I totally wanted to wake up at 6.30am in tears unable to stop thinking about terrible shit THANKS.