The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Chutzpar - 10-13-2011

(10-13-2011, 12:52 PM)Kriven Wrote: Laptops do emit radiation, but for the most part it isn't enough to hurt you. In general, besides being a little uncomfortable due to heat, laptops can't hurt you.

You're probably right there actually! It's certainly not harmful radiation, regardless. Most people hear the word radiation and go off the fuckin' deep end.

I wonder what these sorts of people would say if they knew what 'background radiation' was...

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 10-13-2011

Even not going to homeschool is still not going to school.
It's still illegal.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 10-13-2011

I dunno what to do about it with things how they are.

She knows that I need to get back into it but it doesn't happen because she always has her own problems.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Maxpphire - 10-13-2011

Then go to a public school.

So that way, all mommy has to worry about is taking care of mom, which is an adults job, not a job for a child. (She could hire a live-in nurse, she could put her in a nursing home, she could have her move in with you guys so everyone could help take care of her.)

I'm just wondering why it's solely your responsibility to watch out for nan-nan when you have two older -adult- cousins who live with you (or nearby, I don't remember) which are both unemployed.

Why is the caretaking of someone who is clearly disabled being left to a minor?

edit - Not to mention that your schooling is far behind.
Not to say that you weren't taught correctly or anything, but considering your housing situation if wouldn't surprise me if...
well, standards were lower than that would be in public school.

That, combined with the fact that you're at least two entire years behind in schooling means that once you begin your education again there's gonna be some huge problems with placing you in a program that will fork for you.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Devicho - 10-13-2011

Jetters, even if your mom has her own problems to worry about, any responsible or even semi-decent parent would at least grant her child an education. (Y'know, especially when it's legally required up to a certain age.) Your mom is setting you up to fail, simple as that. You need to find a way to correct this.

You should have the right to be educated. You should have the right to leave the house without supervision. You shouldn't have to be stuck babysitting your grandmother when instead you should be out doing the first two.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - MoneyMan - 10-13-2011

Spanish you are the worst

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Devicho - 10-13-2011

So my little sister opened the door for this older man that came to our house asking if he could do some yardwork in exchange for a bit of money to get food for his family for the night, and my grandma wanted me to be the one to answer it so I went over and talked to him for a bit. However it turned into my mom having to head to an ATM as soon as she got home from work so that she could get some cash to give him. (Since our house only seems to have like $10 combined in cash and the rest in is checking/savings accounts.) She didn't really anticipate having to do this and I feel bad because I feel like I dragged her into it. Honestly I have no problem with helping the man myself; she could've taken me and I would've gone ahead and pulled $20 from my own account, and I can easily make that up in just a couple hours at work.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Rökkan - 10-13-2011

I am having such a bad moodswing that makes me want to vomit. it is physically affecting me.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - [robo9] - 10-13-2011

The plan I have come up with to not get a D in biology is pretty much me photocopying the whatever work I'm missing from a friends binder and replace their name with mine via photoshop.

I literally have no other ideas and I don't have too much confidence in this one

depressed as hell

it's worse than usual

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Koopaul - 10-13-2011

I'm 23 and I still get terrible breakouts. I'm so ugly Cry

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 10-13-2011

PICTURES, you're not ugly, you're suave B)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Asther - 10-14-2011

See a dermatologist if you can?

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Key - 10-14-2011

(10-12-2011, 07:39 PM)Kriven Wrote: "You're not really part of this family! You're only a half-brother!"

When me and my brother get into fights I say this to him a lot and end up feeling like pure shit.

I NEED TO STOP SAYING THIS. This is the only thing I have ever said that has made my brother cry.