The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 10-10-2011

(10-09-2011, 10:22 PM)Kat Wrote: Oh hohohohoho, where should I start.

-Every single form of entertainment I enjoy he belittles because it isn't a sport. (Actual quote "Are you gonna watch another show? If so I might as well just sit in the car to read because it is just all noise to me and it's unessassery." I was watching Dr. Who)

I know just how this feels; Even though my grandmother often calls me her "Favorite" grandchild, she is always very negative over my disinterest in sports. ...I've no idea why.
"Why do you like these games and not real sports? The games aren't even real!!!"

Quote:-Apparently waking up at 11:30am is pretty much unacceptable despite me not being able to go to bed until 6am-8am most nights due to being used to my Work Schedual. (Actual Quote part 2 "Get up, Why don't you move already, I'm not going to come and visit ever again unless you move out, you better get up now to start looking at appartments.")

Does he understand that your job prevents you from getting up earlier? If so, that's pretty damn unsympathetic of him. Next time he says this, you should ask him if he'd prefer you to be hospitalized for overexertion.

Um, are you getting enough sleep, Kat? Sleeping from 6/8am until 11 doesn't sound too good to me :<

Quote:-"Why don't you eat meat!" In a very angry voice was directed at my vegatarian sister and me (not a fan of the taste of red meat) because we decided to cook our own meal in addition to the meal that was being served so we could still eat with the family.

Now this pisses me off. There are few things more annoying to me than people telling me what to eat. Now, my taste is very, very sensitive, so of course I'm going to be choosy about what I eat; Most food tastes awful to me. For pretty much my entire life people have tried to get me to try different things, even though I know for a fact that I'm not going to like them.
They just won't be told.
Perhaps, next time grandpa comes to visit, you could cook him something he won't like and act as unreasonable as possible when he doesn't eat it?

Quote:-He purposly tried using a sketchpad of mine and my 3DS as a coster for his wineglass on purpose as his way of trying to get me to not being so uptight. (He ruined said sketchpad. Which ruined a lot of my sketches.)

And thats just the start of it. He wasn't always like this, but he is currently 82 years old so maybe it is just Angry Old Man Syndrom, but Seething so hard that you quite literally cry for 40 minutes-1 hour every day for a week once a year is not a fun thing.

82, hm? It sounds to me like he's not completely 100% in control of his actions anymore. This doesn't excuse him from responsibility, however. If he's being offensive enough to bring you to tears, then there is no question, his behaviour has to be dealt with.

When my grandmother gets abusive, I try to remember that she can't really help it because of the dementia and such. Sometimes, it's like she's an entirely different person than she used to be, which makes me wonder just how much of her original personality remains intact. I've been very patient with her over the past few years, but now I'm really starting to get tired of all this.
:<

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Maxpphire - 10-10-2011

His behavior is delt with by grandma and mom telling him when he should shut his mouth.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kriven - 10-10-2011

(10-10-2011, 06:06 PM)Devicho Wrote: Fuck it, I've practically torn the whole garage apart. Where the shit are my SNES controllers. I bought a game recently I'd like to actually be able to play it ever.

On top of that getting my sisters to help around the house is impossible, even if all you're asking them to do is empty the dishwasher or wipe down the bathroom countertops.

I have a couple that I don't use. I know we don't really know each other, but do you want them?

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Rhyme - 10-11-2011

[Image: e7fde7c0c2c24f929a7a8b8.png]

but my paypal..

[Image: 1934c924e3ad4fbdbb366e7.png]

microsoft needs to stop eating ass.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Alpha Six - 10-11-2011

hahaha wow i am REALLY unhappy that i'm not going to NYCC anymore. like legitimately depressed over it
boy i'm pathetic

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Marth - 10-11-2011

Well my grades are shit this quarter and its the half way mark....
one 92
three grades in the 80's
and one....45....in math.

I am so disgusted with this it isn't even funny. I have never failed a class before in my life. I still haven't talked to my parent about getting to a dr. about this audible hallucinations and these fucking grades have only empowered them.....

I wanna just sit in the corner and cry.
Oh and I don't have school till thursday and I lostmy fucking math book. I am so dead it's not even fucking funny, I'm lucky if I'm even allowed to graduate from private school.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Chutzpar - 10-11-2011

(10-11-2011, 03:36 PM)The Pope of Dope Wrote: I still haven't talked to my parent about getting to a dr. about this audible hallucinations

Definitely see a doctor. These things *can* be brought on by stress, but I don't need to tell you that it could be something more serious than that. Better to try and get a handle on whatever-it-is as soon as possible, you know?

I keep thinking I'm doing alright with Personal Shit but then stupid things keep setting me off
and I feel jealous and hurt and I know I don't really have any right to be.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Marth - 10-11-2011

Alcohol should not be my answer to everything

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 10-11-2011

>reads an article (admittedly, on cracked so take it with a grain of salt) about scientific finds
>article is not intended to be depressing
>gets depressed over the contents of said article

ahahah i am a sack of shit

(no i'm not going to link it to you)
(i enjoy being vague)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 10-12-2011

Welp, I just threw up again.

I didn't even feel that sick at first, but it felt more like "stomach hurts, tries to curl up in bed to release gas" but I couldn't, then after some time I get that ever so slight "feeling" then as soon as I got to the bathroom, yeah. It was only a little bit though, surprisingly. Even though my throat felt a bit funny it actually didn't really hurt. Yay. Though I didn't sleep well last night because of a little episode last night either.

The best part is I won't even make it to the doctor this week since Mommy hasn't made the appointment yet last I talked to her because I was doing my thing (my body must hate me. It always does that when I'm planning on getting out of the house), and since it's Wednesday and she still hasn't gotten here, not to mention Mom has an appointment tomorrow (which isn't the problem, she needs to go more than I do and she's already changed it once, she really has to go), I'll have to wait as usual.

I gotta find out why I keep getting sick all the time like this when I don't even have an illness. I figured I just had a sensitive system or something, but I didn't used to be this way, so there must be something.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Chutzpar - 10-12-2011

"Doing my thing"?
Pardon my bluntness but; are you referring to your period again? Because that's -- no reason to avoid the doctor.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Marth - 10-12-2011

*Wake up*
*Go to kitchen to get coffee*
*Pours*
*misses cup and spills on foot*

Yeah today is gonna be good.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 10-12-2011

Slept through first two classes. Dammit.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - PatientZero - 10-12-2011

(10-12-2011, 08:07 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: I gotta find out why I keep getting sick all the time like this when I don't even have an illness. I figured I just had a sensitive system or something, but I didn't used to be this way, so there must be something.

Going by what I know about your lifestyle it sounds like your immune system is probably kind of weak, it's pretty common these days with children growing up with either an extremely sheltered life or growing up in poverty, obviously I'm in no position to know how serious the problem is, but it's more than enough reason to see a doctor.

All sorts of things can completely wreck your immune system, lack of sleep, poor diet, bad hygiene, poor air quality, the list goes on and on through to crazy things like radiation exposure.

Basically, see a doctor, make sure you're getting enough sleep and eating right, try to keep yourself clean and catch some sunlight when you can.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 10-12-2011

Grandma and I were talking today, about a recent affair in the family. Apparently, one of my distant relatives cheated on his wife.
We got talking, and while my grandmother said it was indeed awful what has happened, she later told me that in her opinion, "Adultery isn't as bad when women do it"

....!!

"But grandma, don't you think that generally speaking, adultery is unforgivable no matter who does it, right?"

"Uhh...yes, Raymond... unforgivable..."

[Image: Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint-300x225.jpg]

^My face when she thinks the knowledge of her secret affair died with my grandfather but it didn't, because the whole family knows, but nobody ever says anything.