The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - SKELTON S. SKELETON - 09-25-2011

i don't know what i want to do with my life
i can't stop procrastinating
i'm broke, i can't afford college, i can't even get any fucking scholarships or government hand outs so i can go
my family is close to running out of money since two of my brothers can't find work

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - [robo9] - 09-25-2011

Does anyone know how to deal with a psychotic, suicidal ex that doesn't involve blocking her number, telling her straight up to leave me alone, or ignoring her? Mostly because those prior three didn't work. She would leave voicemails, threaten suicide/have a mental break down, and confronted me about the auto response text messages she got after she got a new number.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 09-25-2011

Call the cops?

Or her parents...?
[12:23:44 AM] Vipershark: so like
[12:23:47 AM] Vipershark: i just got home from work
[12:23:52 AM] Vipershark: not even 5 minutes after i got in the house
[12:24:18 AM] Vipershark: my mom walks in my room and says "<coworker> is bringing her laptop to school tomorrow and you're going to fix it"
[12:24:21 AM] Vipershark: like, nobody even asked me
[12:24:23 AM] Vipershark: what the fuck

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - PatientZero - 09-26-2011

(09-25-2011, 11:07 PM)Vipershark Wrote: "<coworker> is bringing her laptop to school tomorrow and you're going to fix it"

Be sure to tell <coworker> your hourly rates.

I find the best time for this is after you've checked the hard drive for anything they don't want you to see.
(be sure to check hidden files, the recycle bin, and the internet cache, maybe even run a quick scan for deleted files)

I should point out that this is entirely unethical and does make you a complete asshole, which is great if it stops it happening again.

If the hardware is fucked, tell them you don't have the right equipment to do those kind of repairs and that they need to take it to a professional repair shop. This is a lie, but fixing laptop hardware is a complete pain, and again it should stop you having the same problem in future.

If it's just a software issues, fastest fix is always to format/reinstall windows or whatever OS they use, it's what 90% of computer repair places will do anyway, and you can just charge them for the copy of windows.
They think they got a really good deal, and you just got a valid Windows key that's only been used once, a friend of mine in Australia started doing cheap computer repairs with almost this exact business model, made a killing.
(He called it "Kick in the Dick Computer Repair", didn't have a single unhappy customer.)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Maxpphire - 09-26-2011

Fuck everything.

Can't sleep.

brb, Flipping Tables

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 09-26-2011

Fucking papercut :l

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 09-26-2011

Yeah, I've done several repairs (on my own time) but and basically every one of them was so fucked that I just formatted [except for one lady who had specialty software on her business computer that I didn't feel like torrenting and setting up] but according to my mom her coworker just has a virus (which thinking about it could mean literally anything coming from the technologically illiterate) so i'm just gonna run malwarebytes and go from there.

I try to be ethical though so no data mining for me
...not to say that I don't have the tools for it, heh

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Rosencrantz - 09-26-2011

Dear EPED,

I thank you for appearing to be an easy course and all, but for the love of god at least tell me what I should be doing to get ready for your labs.

At least fucking tell us in the goddamn syllabus what we should expect in our labs and what we should have prepared before lab sessions.

With love,
Rosencrantz
AHAHAHAHA OH WOW YOU EXPECT A REPORT FOR TOMORROW'S LAB BY NEXT WEEK
SERIOUSLY, FUCK YOU

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Marth - 09-26-2011

Dear Dad, goths are not freaky fucks.
Stop bitching me out for looking into mortuary schools.
Seriously you do nothing around here anymore and have no room to talk get the fuck out of my life.

If I offended you, I'm sorry.
I'm okay now though, so... :/

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Asther - 09-26-2011

(09-26-2011, 10:10 PM)Vipershark Wrote: If I offended you, I'm sorry.
I'm okay now though, so... :/

idgi is this at someone in this thread?

nothing!!!

in other news, i think i fucked up my knee!
i basically have to swivel on my left leg for hours on end at work and holy shit my knee
it's been wearing on me lately :I

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Koopaul - 09-26-2011

This terrible for me to say but... I hope my grandmother dies soon. Only because each day the suffering for her gets worse I just want her to be at peace. Its almost unbearable to see her like this.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 09-27-2011

okay so I just finished fixing the computer
at first glance there was literally nothing wrong with it but then i ran malwarebytes and it found 5 things

anyway other than that all i did was run windows update and install the newest firefox (they were still running FF 3) and that was all it needed

WELP TOO BAD I'M NOT GETTING PAID FOR IT THOUGH LOL FUCK ME

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kriven - 09-27-2011

I keep telling myself to work, and it keeps not happening.

On the other hand, I've come up with two ideas for properties I'll never have the opportunity to work with. Awesome.