The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 09-23-2011

oh i forgot to post about that

i remember a couple months or so ago gillian and algony yelled at me and called me stupid for saying that ftl was possible and they kept saying that the speed of light is a constant that cannot be passed

GUESS WHAT GUYS

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Maxpphire - 09-23-2011

They don't need an "I told you so"

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - PatientZero - 09-23-2011

'Sup guys, this is how science works.
Evolution of scientific laws based on current data and information and junk.

Also I'd very much like to dispel the idea that this somehow proves that time travel is possible, something going faster than light isn't going backwards in time, it's just going faster than light.
In the same way that when a car drives past a cyclist it isn't going back in time, it's just going faster than a cyclist.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Rosencrantz - 09-23-2011

(09-23-2011, 04:22 PM)PatientZero Wrote: 'Sup guys, this is how science works.
Evolution of scientific laws based on current data and information and junk.

Also I'd very much like to dispel the idea that this somehow proves that time travel is possible, something going faster than light isn't going backwards in time, it's just going faster than light.
In the same way that when a car drives past a cyclist it isn't going back in time, it's just going faster than a cyclist.

Hold up for a second here.

Time alteration and travel is actually possible, but not in the sense that "you can go backwards into the past" but rather in the sense that "you can fire yourself several years into the future without feeling so much time pass"

If you want to discuss traveling backwards in time, that's what antihydrogen's for. We contained that shit for more than fifteen minutes, and that's just an amazing thing to talk about in and of itself.

Time dilation is a thing, and you can blast off into the future if you're traveling at high speeds; the closer you are to 3e8 m/s, the more time passes for your second.

If we aren't fucking up the neutrino measurements, then you're going to see a very obvious problem with the dilation equations. For those of you non-math nerds here, you're going to be dividing a frame-of-reference time by an imaginary number. Which is illegal.

So, one of two things are going to happen.

a) the equation itself will have to be modified, and if it does then I'm going to be directly affected by it since I'll need to relearn it. Sure, relearning the new theories will be doable, but it'll kind of suck :C

b) the neutrino's actually doing something we can't really perceive. I'm willing to bet it's actually warping our perceived dimension and causing a physical dilation to its path so it's traveling a much shorter distance than what we think it's going, but most likely someone's going to use this to say it's jumping between universes.

Yay for being an engineer!

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - PatientZero - 09-23-2011

(09-23-2011, 05:12 PM)oB2Kojjiro Mario Wrote: Hold up for a second here.

Time alteration and travel is actually possible, but not in the sense that "you can go backwards into the past" but rather in the sense that "you can fire yourself several years into the future without feeling so much time pass"

If you want to discuss traveling backwards in time, that's what antihydrogen's for. We contained that shit for more than fifteen minutes, and that's just an amazing thing to talk about in and of itself.

Time dilation is a thing, and you can blast off into the future if you're traveling at high speeds; the closer you are to 3e8 m/s, the more time passes for your second.

Oh, I agree with you that technically time travel is possible, but it's not so much literally traveling through time ala the Sci-Fi channel, and more exploiting the flaws in time as a human invention, and how it's based on rather rocky principles to do with our orbit around the sun.
Technically anyone who's ever been in a plane is a time traveler in that sense, to say nothing of astronauts.
(Actually, unless I'm wrong or I'm mixing my concepts here, anyone who's ever moved anywhere would be a time traveler, granted only in an infinitesimally small fraction of time, but still)

It's one of those annoying concepts that's hard to explain but is actually really simple once you get it.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Alpha Six - 09-23-2011

I LOVE TAKING GIANT NAPS THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE DAY AND CONTINUING TO BE TIRED AFTER WAKING UP TWO HOURS LATER

IT'S REALLY COOL IMHO

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Rosencrantz - 09-23-2011

(09-23-2011, 06:15 PM)PatientZero Wrote: Oh, I agree with you that technically time travel is possible, but it's not so much literally traveling through time ala the Sci-Fi channel, and more exploiting the flaws in time as a human invention, and how it's based on rather rocky principles to do with our orbit around the sun.
Technically anyone who's ever been in a plane is a time traveler in that sense, to say nothing of astronauts.
(Actually, unless I'm wrong or I'm mixing my concepts here, anyone who's ever moved anywhere would be a time traveler, granted only in an infinitesimally small fraction of time, but still)

It's one of those annoying concepts that's hard to explain but is actually really simple once you get it.

Yeah, to be fair, I don't believe we'll ever hit a point where we could send a man back in time, and therefore have legitimate sci-fi time travel. It really is a bummer to think that time is a human invention; I mean, sure, there is an initial point when an object is created, and an end point when the object ceases existence, but that's all just a load of crap if you get into the philosophical stuff.

And what you're saying about movement is correct; anything with motion will feel time dilation, although your dividing factor will be almost exactly 1 if you have a normal, easily-achieved speed. Which means your time frame of reference will equal a stationary object's frame of reference~

This is a really important concept to know for Physics 201, and it is a total bitch to comprehend, but yeah once you get it, it's a really simple concept~

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 09-24-2011

*sigh*

welp, i'm feeling pretty terrible right now
i don't even know anymore

talking about it... isn't really helping :/
i just feel... basically apathetic to everything

like, what's the point of even getting out of the bed anymore
can time just stop, please
YEP I'M FEELIN PRETTY WORTHLESS RIGHT NOW
GONNA GO WALLOW IN SELF PITY AND FALL ASLEEP

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 09-24-2011

(09-23-2011, 11:13 PM)oB2Kojjiro Mario Wrote:
(09-23-2011, 06:15 PM)PatientZero Wrote: Oh, I agree with you that technically time travel is possible, but it's not so much literally traveling through time ala the Sci-Fi channel, and more exploiting the flaws in time as a human invention, and how it's based on rather rocky principles to do with our orbit around the sun.

Yeah, to be fair, I don't believe we'll ever hit a point where we could send a man back in time, and therefore have legitimate sci-fi time travel. It really is a bummer to think that time is a human invention; I mean, sure, there is an initial point when an object is created, and an end point when the object ceases existence, but that's all just a load of crap if you get into the philosophical stuff.

And what you're saying about movement is correct; anything with motion will feel time dilation, although your dividing factor will be almost exactly 1 if you have a normal, easily-achieved speed. Which means your time frame of reference will equal a stationary object's frame of reference~

This is a really important concept to know for Physics 201, and it is a total bitch to comprehend, but yeah once you get it, it's a really simple concept~
I'm pretty alright with no time travel back to the past. Someone would just go back and fuck history up.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Maxpphire - 09-24-2011

Oh so my Mom bitched at me from coming home from the Innistrad Pre-release that if I can't get home at a decent time that I can't take the car and that I have now made her late for work.

A. I got home earlier then I normally do from work.
B. She left at 3:40am
C. She doesn't have to be there until 4:30am
D. It takes her no more then 20 minutes to get to work.

Is it me, or is the Math just not adding up?

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gors - 09-24-2011

*wakes up*
*is still sleepy as fuck*
*walks wobbly to the bathroom*
*wash face, brush teeth*
*heads to kitchen while still sleepy*
*grabs milk, a cup and chocolate to make chocolate milk*
*sits down*
*realises I forgot to get a spoon to stir the milk*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 09-24-2011

That sounds good, but I only wonder why you'd drink chocolate milk right after you brushed your teeth?

Just curious.

So it's only, what, 2pm?
welp today is already trying to be as shitty as possible

I got like zero sleep last night and was constantly tossing and turning and I got woken up 2 hours before my alarm was supposed to go off by my mom screaming at me about nothing in particular and couldn't go back to sleep

So obviously I wasn't in a good mood at that point and then I got screamed at for being pissed off which made me late for work which just pissed me off even more and apparently it was obvious I was angry or something because I kept getting asked multiple times what's wrong by like everyone and i'm like nothing is wrong please leave me alone but they wont and its annoying the shit out of me and my work shift isn't even halfway over yet fuck my life

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 09-24-2011

Today, I asked my grandmother if she actually cares about anyone other than herself anymore. Given what she's like these days, her answer wasn't suprising.

"Honestly? No, not really"

[Image: 25swvhg.jpg]

fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life fuck my life