The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Chutzpar - 09-06-2011

do you even have any experience with modding big communities
really

because there's a lot of background work that you won't even see unless you're a mod, and it's thankless and kind of unpleasant sometimes. You have to shut down arguments without taking sides, and some people will be tremendous fuckstains about having their threads shut.

I mod a pretty active livejournal community (shut up) that's just about Weird Zoological Shit and you wouldn't believe some of the crap that I have to deal with. We had an ~internet famous~ poster who seemed to think that meant he could do whatever the fuck he liked, and another dude who started stalking the founder for banning him. They're just photos of weird animals for fuck's sake and it's probably not even half as active as this forum is.
above post mostly directed @ vipes before tyvon sniped me dammit

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 09-06-2011

(09-06-2011, 12:28 PM)Tachikoma Wrote: do you even have any experience with modding big communities
really

because there's a lot of background work that you won't even see unless you're a mod, and it's thankless and kind of unpleasant sometimes. You have to shut down arguments without taking sides, and some people will be tremendous fuckstains about having their threads shut.

I mod a pretty active livejournal community (shut up) that's just about Weird Zoological Shit and you wouldn't believe some of the crap that I have to deal with. We had an ~internet famous~ poster who seemed to think that meant he could do whatever the fuck he liked, and another dude who started stalking the founder for banning him. They're just photos of weird animals for fuck's sake and it's probably not even half as active as this forum is.
above post mostly directed @ vipes before tyvon sniped me dammit
I think Viper could handle it, like he said, you kind of gotta give him the chance to show he can rather than just chide him.
ON TOPIC: I want to get Dead Island so bad but I have to wait! Very Sad

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Alpha Six - 09-06-2011

You also have to watch over your fellow mods and admins as well in case they do something stupid.

And in my honest opinion as someone who's modded here twice; it's not worth it. A reboot is the only good course of action the forum can take right now.

If you want to mod the new forum, sure. This current one is pretty much unsaveable.
ALRIGHT THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THAT YOU'VE SNIPED ME THIS WEEK

I'M REVOKING YOUR SVD

(09-06-2011, 01:08 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: You also have to watch over your fellow mods and admins as well in case they do something stupid.

And in my honest opinion as someone who's modded here twice; it's not worth it. A reboot is the only good course of action the forum can take right now.

If you want to mod the new forum, sure. This current one is pretty much unsaveable.
ALRIGHT THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THAT YOU'VE SNIPED ME THIS WEEK

I'M REVOKING YOUR SVD

Cool I'm the purple flash you see in the sky, PURPLE moHAWK.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Chris2Balls [:B] - 09-06-2011

Forget the dubstep parrot, I have a dubstep fridge, and it's SO FACKIN loud.

WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - PrettyNier - 09-06-2011

am i the only one that thinks things really aren't that bad here?

bolded because it is a recent addition for the sake of reading

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Alpha Six - 09-06-2011

i think you forgot a word
because i can't translate that sentence no matter how hard i try

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - PrettyNier - 09-06-2011

i
did forget a word, yes

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - DioShiba - 09-06-2011

(07-19-2011, 12:51 AM)Kosheh Wrote:
(07-19-2011, 12:08 AM)Woppet* Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 07:33 PM)when i have sex i think of tsr Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 05:51 PM)Vipershark Wrote: I'm not even joking make Shawn a mod

good idea.

I support this.

me2 B)

Ditto.

Once this happens make a rule that states no one can put a "make me a mod/admin/whatever" in their signatures.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Maxpphire - 09-06-2011

Honestly, Vipershark was modded because I need more help right now then what I have and with how he has been acting around on the forums lately, he seems like a good candidate. Just because this forum is in need of a reboot, doesn't mean that it should turn to shit while waiting for one.

Also, I have no clue what it even going on with a forum reboot, Dazz, why won't you say a thing. :I

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - PatientZero - 09-06-2011

Last I heard Dazz was stuck without any internets in his new house, don't know when that's being remedied.

(09-06-2011, 03:48 PM)masterofthething Wrote:
(07-19-2011, 12:51 AM)Kosheh Wrote:
(07-19-2011, 12:08 AM)Woppet* Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 07:33 PM)when i have sex i think of tsr Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 05:51 PM)Vipershark Wrote: I'm not even joking make Shawn a mod

good idea.

I support this.

me2 B)

Ditto.

Once this happens make a rule that states no one can put a "make me a mod/admin/whatever" in their signatures.

Wait what...shit.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - SKELTON S. SKELETON - 09-06-2011

i wont change my sig its my blood right

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Helmo - 09-06-2011

mrskeleton is the only cool person on tsr who is this mysterious man

I would follow him to the ends of the earth

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Marth - 09-06-2011

First day of senior year tomorrow...
First day of highschool where my bestfriends are in college
First day of what maybe a very lonely year