The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - [robo9] - 09-05-2011

According to UPS, 7 days is the new 2 day shipping.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kriven - 09-05-2011

Forgive and forget, man. UPS was hacked earlier this week and it fucked up all sorts of shit.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 09-05-2011

(09-05-2011, 10:00 PM)Kriven Wrote: Forgive and forget, man. UPS was hacked earlier this week and it fucked up all sorts of shit.

Damnit, I hope this doesn't impede on the Go Stop deck I just paid $8 extra (thats actually how much the deck cost as well) for the 2-4 day shipping.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Marth - 09-05-2011

if it takes longer they might refund your money bro. Hopefully they will anyway because 8 bucks is a lot actually.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Rosencrantz - 09-05-2011

so you guys know what's fun?

Lying back in bed, minding your own business, then you feel a weird tickle.

So you slap it.

It still tickles.

You grab at it.

You clutch onto some hard, stiff object in your shirt.

Run to the bathroom, then throw your shirt off. Shake the shirt.

CONGRATS! A HUGE FUCKING BUG WAS CHILLING IN YOUR SHIRT FOR THE PAST TEN MINUTES!!

Hold on, UPS was hacked? I thought the only thing wrong was that the site redirected to some other site, like a good few other sites did.

Well it's hacking I guess still, but how could that honestly cause that kind of delay in shipping?

(09-05-2011, 11:04 PM)The Pope of Dope Wrote: if it takes longer they might refund your money bro. Hopefully they will anyway because 8 bucks is a lot actually.

Eh if I get my Go Stop cards before Friday, I'll be happy. I really shouldn't have paid for the higher shipping though, but I'm impatient haha.

You may want to check it out man. When I looked, Amazon tacked on a week to the original three day estimate they had.

(09-05-2011, 11:28 PM)[MachoBot RoboSavage] Wrote: You may want to check it out man. When I looked, Amazon tacked on a week to the original three day estimate they had.

Well after my order was submitted tonight they said it'd arrive from the 7th-8th, so I think it'll be fine.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Alpha Six - 09-05-2011

(09-05-2011, 11:11 PM)[MachoBot RoboSavage] Wrote: Well it's hacking I guess still, but how could that honestly cause that kind of delay in shipping?
A simple URL redirect can probably redirect every URL related to the site, including the URLs that are contacted in order to keep orders organized and in check. Thus causing a delay.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - MoneyMan - 09-06-2011

sleep
sleep where are you
I can't find you sleep
please, come here sleep

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 09-06-2011

So tired ;_;

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kosheh - 09-06-2011

(07-18-2011, 05:47 PM)Alpha Six Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 05:17 PM)MRSKELETON Wrote: most of us are friends with tyvon and will probably stop posting here eventually as we move to pixelxcore
That's... sort of an awkward/negative way to put it, I think. It sort of makes PxC sound like a "personal forum" like PT and its many knockoffs, when it isn't.

well it's certainly no TSR. and i'm not being a douche here; consider the services PxC offers and then TSR. In comparison, it's a little more "personal" than TSR - PxC seems like a place where people who know what they're talking about post; not total newcomers. see where I'm going with this?

Also Dazz as much as it blows there's always a political aspect to running a forum. it's never sunshine and daisies, trust me - once a community gets big enough, there's always that person or group who causes a rift among the userbase.

I think it's about time you consider rebooting the community.
maybe it needs a Pixeltendoing (unofficial community linked on main site)

you know, where you don't have to actually do anything except be mighty

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 09-06-2011

remember that time when dazz said that he doesn't want to be running a community
and yesterday when lunyka said that she doesn't feel like babysitting

Fine then; don't.
Let me do it.

I'm willing to go in and clean up the shit and work to improve things but you've gotta give me a chance first.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Alpha Six - 09-06-2011

(09-06-2011, 11:25 AM)Kosheh Wrote: consider the services PxC offers and then TSR.
Sure, I'll bite.

What are the differences in what tSR and PxC offer that make tSR more "personal?" Because I'm not really seeing the logic. tSR is a sprite archive; PxC is an independent gaming community. What makes a sprite archive more personal than an indie gaming community?