The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Goemar - 11-10-2012

(11-09-2012, 08:17 PM)Vipershark Wrote: We got new registers at work and they're completely awful
even worse than our old registers from the 80s
the interface is in no way intuitive and any time you mess up it -requires- you to get a manager to scan their fingerprint to be able to fix it which takes a ton of time

I man I hear that:
I want this, oh wait I change my mind
Select VOID ITEM
"Enter supervisor number and password" ring for supervisor
- take smegging ages.

Just let me void things damn it!

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Previous - 11-10-2012

Standing on the windowsill of an open window for over half an hour wasn't any fun at all and it didn't solve the problem.
My legs feel all wobbly and my fingers hurt.

I left it at "the shutters are down" once I managed to get that far, but they won't go up the usual way now. The band thing got stuck between the roll thing and wall and doesn't want to get out and I just don't know any more. I don't even know if I'd get it back through the wall into the room if I'd get it loose. Eeeeeh.
Well it's nice to have new windows (not that I'd personally care but okay) but those folks weren't really competent and the way they put the shutter band leads it straight into getting stuck between roll and wall so even if I'd get it out I'd have to think of a way to prevent it from getting stuck again (like last time). . . why do I even have to do this, it's not my house and I don't want it and if I had the option I'd be gone but the cons still outweight the pros and I don't even know.

*sigh*

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - water dog - 11-11-2012

Literally spent all of last night sobbing uncontrollably in my room and my mom came in and I told her my shitty pathetic life story and bawled my eyes out some more.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Helmo - 11-11-2012

Man I wish I could reach out and give you guys a pat on the back or a hug or something.

It bums me out too see that this thread is almost twice as large as the happy thread, you guys are so cool even if I barely know most of you.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 11-11-2012

I'm feeling pretty bad this morning. I've got a mild headache that will probably get worse and I'm feeling ill.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Cobalt Blue - 11-11-2012

(11-11-2012, 12:57 AM)Chairman Pug Wrote: Man I wish I could reach out and give you guys a pat on the back or a hug or something.

It bums me out too see that this thread is almost twice as large as the happy thread, you guys are so cool even if I barely know most of you.
its twice as large because half of the post are precisely people trying to give advice/cheer up those "negative" posts.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 11-11-2012

Also because it seems there are more bad things that happen than good things for most people here in life.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Helmo - 11-11-2012

(11-11-2012, 04:59 AM)Cobalt Blue Wrote:
(11-11-2012, 12:57 AM)Chairman Pug Wrote: Man I wish I could reach out and give you guys a pat on the back or a hug or something.

its twice as large because half of the post are precisely people trying to give advice/cheer up those "negative" posts.

im sure a good chunk of them are but not quite half

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 11-11-2012

I've been going to bed around 2am and getting up around 9-10am the past few days, and now I work overnight the next 5 nights in a row, so it sucks that getting sleep has to end.
Also have a programming assignment to do and I suck and don't know hwere to start.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - StarSock64 - 11-11-2012

Creative nonfiction paper due at midnight

but I have no idea what I'm doing...
uh-oh...

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Tellis - 11-11-2012

What does that even mean?

Like, make something up and write it in the style of nonfiction as if it's true?
Or write about something that's true... creatively?

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - water dog - 11-11-2012

Had a nightmare and woke up at like 4 am, couldn't sleep until 9 am, slept until 1. Have yet to eat today. Depression at it's best.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - StarSock64 - 11-11-2012

(11-11-2012, 05:54 PM)Tellis Wrote: What does that even mean?

Like, make something up and write it in the style of nonfiction as if it's true?
Or write about something that's true... creatively?

My teacher says the goal of short stories (our fiction section) tends to be to let the reader interpret your story and such

whereas nonfiction essays/memoirs/blah tend to be about telling the reader exactly what you want them to know

I guess it's supposed to be true or about opinions...um...it can include research or be more personal...basically we're supposed to use literary techniques and rhetoric and such to describe our point, rather than writing something that sounds entirely clinical. That's at least my understanding...

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 11-11-2012

I don't feel like my friend/bandmate is really trying with our band. I mean I can't exactly explain to him how I want a song to sound because I can't play instruments, and I'm not taught in music theory, but to him grindcore is mashing as many notes as possible together and playing really sloppy(I don't know if I mean this in the way it's intended, like he's plays well technically, but coming out of the amp it sounds like a mess)...
Despite showing him countless grindcore bands, he just says they all sound the same/bad , and it's just frustrating, to the point where I just want to tell him I'm dropping out, he can take it wherever he wants or drop it as well.
Today we were recording and our song we're working on now is just him playing as many notes possible in repetition, there's no sense of direction, it's really muddy, you can't tell what's going on, and it just sounds bad. I get that our grindcore project thing started off as a joke with our first song, but I really like grindcore, and if we're going to be an actual band, I don't want to sound like a joke, I want to sound like a really good band, even if our name is Cvmslvt.

EDIT: And to make it worse, I have no idea how to tell him, because I'm pretty sure anyway I do it'll offend him, and you know that's unavoidable, but it's hard to do.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Sol - 11-11-2012

watching someone's belongings get thrown out is rather upsetting when they were alive just a few days ago