The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kami - 10-09-2012

(10-08-2012, 01:18 AM)PatientZero Wrote: Man, a lot of you are needing patching up recently.
Kind of feel like I might be coming across as a smartass know-it-all, but I guess that's the risk I was always going to run.

(10-07-2012, 03:24 PM)Angel Plague Wrote: Well now well now on the lower left part of my right hand has swolen a little bit, I think constant friction has irritated my hand, so it hurts like fuck right now, I just got some ice in a sammich bag and am using it to numb my hand.
Edit: It's the bottom side of my hand.

Sounds like simple abrasion, try to rest it and keep the area moisturised.
Usually you build up a bit of a callous or thicker skin around the ball of your hand after a while, but if your skin is too soft or it's a recurring issue I know a few people who swear by fingerless cycling gloves for long hours of computer work.
Heh it doesn't seem to be going away, honestly the only reason I noticed it was that it was slightly discolored and protruded a little bit.
It stopped hurting, but it doesn't seem to be going away. I really hope it's not a blister(Or some liguid fillded pustle that is of that nature) buried beneth my skin. That'll freaken suck to get rid of.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 10-09-2012

My bio dad pisses me the fuck off sometimes.
Day's not even close to ruined, still had a great conversation with my uncle, and still got 4 AMAZING new albums, but god damn my dad is such an ass sometimes.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Zadaben - 10-09-2012

Abovposto reveeliouso!
For relevancy I didn't make Madrigals
not a huge deal, but it prevents this post from being pointless.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Helmo - 10-09-2012

(10-08-2012, 12:21 PM)м▲я✞H Wrote: I don't want to go to work
I don't want to be an adult
I just want to play Batman all day

I should call work and say I can't come in because I'm playing Batman

Very well then master Bruce, shall I call in sick for you?

[Image: tumblr_m7loa1roZJ1rytgzlo2_r1_500.jpg]

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - PatientZero - 10-09-2012

(10-09-2012, 06:50 PM)Angel Plague Wrote: Heh it doesn't seem to be going away, honestly the only reason I noticed it was that it was slightly discolored and protruded a little bit.
It stopped hurting, but it doesn't seem to be going away. I really hope it's not a blister(Or some liguid fillded pustle that is of that nature) buried beneth my skin. That'll freaken suck to get rid of.

Don't worry, if it's a blister or other liquid-filled mass those are actually really simple to treat. (if kind of gross)
Once they come to the surface you just pierce it with a pin or a needle, which is completely painless, and clean the area.
A syringe works too and looks more doctor-y, but as long as you treat the fluid like any other biohazard you're fine.
(i.e: don't drink it and wash your hands afterwards, since it was already under your skin it's about as hazardous as blowing your nose, but it always pays to be cautious anyway.)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Koopaul - 10-10-2012

Eyelids are swollen! Just the right eye.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - puggsoy - 10-10-2012

Woke up with a sore throat this morning, kinda randomly. I don't have any sniffles or sneezing or anything, just a sore throat. Hurts when I swallow (with or without food/drink) and makes talking a bit painful too. Hopefully doesn't last for more than a few days.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 10-10-2012

A sore throat is usually a sign that you're catching something (I've had it before). If it still exists tomorrow then you should really get some throat spray (maybe like Chloreseptic or whatever). It may mean the difference between getting sick and nipping it in the bud~

Well, I'll see. My dad will typically be against getting a throat spray (if you can even get it here, ha) but if it persists I will start taking garlic and lemon juice and such.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 10-10-2012

Uhh why? If it'd help your suffering he should support the idea. The thing is if you don't catch whatever is causing that soon enough it could cause you a lot more suffering.
But yeah just trying to help, I don't wanna see anyone get sick if it can be prevented. I guess you can try throat lozenges then?

Knew you'd say that Wink

He supports the idea of helping my suffering, but he doesn't support the idea of a throat spray helping. He's real sceptical about medicines and that sort of stuff, and only gets them if it seems really serious. Even then he has his doubts. He prefers us to just take raw garlic (just a chopped clove) and lemon, and to be honest they are sufficient, at least for simple stuff like this.
Lozenges maybe, but again he'll probably say they're not needed.

And yeah I know you're trying to help, I appreciate it.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - redblueyellow - 10-10-2012

Went from having an absolutely great day yesterday to a horrible one today. Hoping I can start getting away from my bad habits. Sad

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Helmo - 10-10-2012

fucking stupid ass christian family yelling at me over their fairy tales

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kriven - 10-10-2012

(10-10-2012, 09:19 PM)redblueyellow Wrote: Went from having an absolutely great day yesterday to a horrible one today.

This but in one day.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - PatientZero - 10-11-2012

(10-10-2012, 05:06 PM)puggsoy Wrote: He supports the idea of helping my suffering, but he doesn't support the idea of a throat spray helping. He's real sceptical about medicines and that sort of stuff, and only gets them if it seems really serious. Even then he has his doubts. He prefers us to just take raw garlic (just a chopped clove) and lemon, and to be honest they are sufficient, at least for simple stuff like this.
Lozenges maybe, but again he'll probably say they're not needed.

Oh dear, sounds like he's one of those people that thinks medicines are made out of some kind of "synthetic chemicals".
The fact of the matter is that there are a lot of natural remedies and cures that work just fine, most of the treatments I do myself are based around things I have around the house already, lemon, honey, oils, herbs and so on.
The problem is that people don't understand that most medicines, particularly the ones you can buy over the counter, work in exactly the same way but with more refined substances. Most, if not all, medications and drugs are extracted from plants, you can even extract them yourself if you have the equipment and know the process.

Anyway, that's besides the point really, sore throat, right.
Like Jetters said it could be an early symptom of an illness, or it could be one of the bajillion other causes, which are all fairly simple and boring so I won't go through them all.
(As a heavy smoker and a singer I can tell you first hand that you don't have to be sick to have a sore throat)

Best advice is to drink honey and lemon in hot water and make sure you're getting enough fluids, and generally treat it like any other illness, avoid smoking, spicy foods, alcohol, caffeine and other things that might aggravate it.
Should ease off in a day or two, but it can last upward of a week, if it hasn't gotten better after a couple of weeks you may have an infection and need a course of antibiotics, but unless there are other obvious symptoms you're pretty much healthy enough to go about your day like you normally would.