The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 10-07-2012

Threw up at a friends place last night, so I came home, and an hour later threw up again. I've been in bed all day and I feel like I might again. Throwing up really scares me so you can imagine how I feel.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 10-07-2012

I know how awful it feels so, sorry and get better soon. Sad
I can understand too, feeling like you might eventually just throw your guts up or something, but you're probably just catching an illness so I'm sure you'll be fine! :c
By the way... were you um, shaking/quivering at all before you did it...?

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - PatientZero - 10-07-2012

(10-07-2012, 01:19 PM)Mighty Jazzers Wrote: I would literally rather torture myself trying to eat a raw onion than eat a spider.

I've done both!
(fyi, the spider tasted better, slightly sugary with a subtle hint of nightmares)

(10-07-2012, 02:07 PM)Mighty Jazzers Wrote: I know how awful it feels so, sorry and get better soon. Sad
I can understand too, feeling like you might eventually just throw your guts up or something, but you're probably just catching an illness so I'm sure you'll be fine! :c
By the way... were you um, shaking/quivering at all before you did it...?

Yeah, that's how I know I need to get to a bathroom or trash can asap Sick
I've also noticed that my hands will start to fall asleep.
Thank you for the kind wishes, I hope it goes away soon, I hate being sick. My friends and I were going to record some more demos for our band today, but I suppose next weekend will have to do x)

Okay then I know it's not just me, since I've woken up in the middle of the night many times shaking on the inside.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - PatientZero - 10-07-2012

Sounds like your stomach is having a bad time lately, you might have caught a bug, eaten some bad food, or since it's the right month for it, possibly been cursed by a witch.
There's no real cure for vomiting I'm afraid, you just have to wait it out until whatever's causing it is out of your system, which sucks a whole lot.

Medically I'd recommend taking regular sips of water to prevent dehydration, which would make you feel much worse, make sure it's just small sips and that the water isn't too cold or you might irritate your stomach.
On a less medical front I recommend trying to keep yourself comfortable and distracted, and try to sleep it off, you'll probably be totally fine again soon enough but it still sucks a lot right now so you've got my sympathy.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kami - 10-07-2012

Well, it seems I've been overworking my hand since I've been constantly writing, drawing, & using my laptop, typing.

Well now well now on the lower left part of my right hand has swolen a little bit, I think constant friction has irritated my hand, so it hurts like fuck right now, I just got some ice in a sammich bag and am using it to numb my hand.
Edit: It's the bottom side of my hand.

I've barely givin my hand time to rest within this past two weeks.

(10-07-2012, 03:09 PM)PatientZero Wrote: Sounds like your stomach is having a bad time lately, you might have caught a bug, eaten some bad food, or since it's the right month for it, possibly been cursed by a witch.
There's no real cure for vomiting I'm afraid, you just have to wait it out until whatever's causing it is out of your system, which sucks a whole lot.

Medically I'd recommend taking regular sips of water to prevent dehydration, which would make you feel much worse, make sure it's just small sips and that the water isn't too cold or you might irritate your stomach.
On a less medical front I recommend trying to keep yourself comfortable and distracted, and try to sleep it off, you'll probably be totally fine again soon enough but it still sucks a lot right now so you've got my sympathy.

Thanks PZ, I'm just laying in my bed watching some Football with a lot water nearby Smile

Even though the medicine I'm taking for my acid reflux chest pains is working for the most part, I still get (painful) pains once in a while, and they're 20.6 mg capsules dang it.
It must still be as severe as it was when I was born. Trying to breathe into a paper bag at the moment to feel better.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Phaze - 10-07-2012

Trying to get Fluidsynth to compile/link just to get Midis working in SFML is a pain in the fucking ass.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - sponge7325 - 10-07-2012

Up here were I live, its already snowing a lot, and all my winter clothes are either too big or too small, so when I went outside a few days ago and got snow in my boots, I diddent think much of it until about yesterday.

So, yup. I got frostbite. Its not hurting TOO bad yet, but after going on Wikipedia, I can see its gonna be pretty bad later on.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kami - 10-07-2012

WRRRRRRRRRRRRY!

Wry do you 'urt so much 'and.

My mom asked if I wanted anything to eat so I told her maybev some ramen, but once she made it I just felt like I'd throw it up if I ate it so yup, still hungry, but I'd rather be hungry than puking all over the bathroom again.

Ugh, I've been there with not wanting to eat either. But then you're stuck in this dumb situation that if you eat you'll most likely throw it all back up but if you don't eat the hunger makes you feel sick too.
Do you have anything mild like crackers or bread to eat?

Probably, I might try something later if I'm not asleep by then, for the moment I've got some Sprite, and some Gatorade thanks to my mom.
EDIT: Made some ramen, eating it very slowly, god I hope I don't throw it up.