The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 09-28-2012

Faulty fire alarm keeps going off and scaring the shit out of my dogs and making everyone deaf, hooray!

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 09-28-2012

I'm so sorry to hear you're having such an awful time, Devicho ;_;

(09-28-2012, 07:56 AM)Goemar Wrote: Emotion has jumped before logic and caused a lot of damage, hopefully some time in the future she'll see what a terrible thing she's done

From what I've read about Devicho's mother, I doubt she even has the capacity to regret what she's done. In fact, she sounds a lot like my own mother.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Previous - 09-29-2012

May I have a few words on the computer virus story?
See, Windows has this thing that is called "user accounts" so if you let someone else use your computer, only let them use a normal user account, not an admin one (and put a password on your admin account). This drastically reduces the risk of getting a virus infection due to the restricted rights and not being able to install things and access certain propgrams and files et cetera.
I even went as far as to put the standard account of the family PC as a normal user account and only I have the password to the admin account. Of course, it's not my PC and nothing, but since I am the one who has to deal with virus problems (they've had quite a few in the past... the last one coming from a Minecraft mod using a Java exploit), I decided it's either this, or they have to deal with their viruses themselves next time.
I never let anyone use my own computers. Maybe also because of certain files ehehe.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Phaze - 09-29-2012

(09-29-2012, 05:45 AM)Previous Wrote: (they've had quite a few in the past... the last one coming from a Minecraft mod using a Java exploit), I decided it's either this, or they have to deal with their viruses themselves next time.
I never let anyone use my own computers. Maybe also because of certain files ehehe.
Oh boy. Stuff like that kinda makes me regret using Java for my first major project but eh. Shouldn't have any issue.

I'm sure everyone has certain files though. Question is if they're out in the open or not Tongue

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 09-29-2012

I don't even bother with user accounts. I set up antivirus and malwarebytes and showed my parents how to use noscript and stuff on my computers

Fortunately they have the common sense not to open dumb things and I made my dad get an external drive so he can make regular backups so if anything ever does happen I can just do a quick format and have it good as new

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - puggsoy - 09-29-2012

*slides into conversation*

My dad never liked user accounts, we just have the admin account with no password that everyone uses. Nobody outside of the family really uses the computer though, and if they do it's mostly just for emails, they don't download anything or mess around.

However when I get my own computer I'll probably make a Guest account, just in case the need arises.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 09-29-2012

Back when we all shared computers we tried the individual accounts thing and it just became a huge clusterfuck and that ended quickly.

It's much easier just having one account for everyone.
Fortunately we all have our own computers now so it's not an issue anymore

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - puggsoy - 09-30-2012

Note to self: when my dad's trying to tune his new oud = worst time to play Sword & Sworcery EP. Problem is there's rarely a time of day that I can actually play anything without being interrupted, distracted, or otherwise having external sources ruin the atmosphere of S&S or similar games. Hence why I only have 2 hours of playtime.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Sol - 10-01-2012

my nana is calling the store to complain because the box of tissues we just got has twelve less than the last box

it's like she's just looking for things to hate at this point, every time she picks up the phone there's a 50/50 chance she's going to end up yelling at someone

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Marth - 10-01-2012

So much procrastination
So much due to tomorrow
So fucked

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kosheh - 10-01-2012

(10-01-2012, 08:16 AM)Sol Wrote: my nana is calling the store to complain because the box of tissues we just got has twelve less than the last box

...she actually COUNTS the amount of tissues in the box?! Nervous

she kinda sounds like my grandpa actually.

so i am not alone whew

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Maxpphire - 10-01-2012

So I'm pretty much convinced at how much of a failure I really am.

No matter how hard I try to do anything, anything that would make me into a responsible adult, it bites me in the ass.

All this stems from the fact that I have a terrible job and they generally refuse to give me hours. So I'm not making much money. I also have health issues. That I can't even pay for because all my money goes into bills. Bills of which I can't even keep up with anymore.

I honestly don't want to exist anymore. I won't attempt anything, but that doesn't stop the feeling from being there.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Marth - 10-02-2012

Write a paper, sleep, wake up write more go to class, come home write, sleep wake up go to work, come home, write.

Everyday rinse and repeat.

STOP ASSIGNING A 5 PAGE PAPER EVERYFUCKING WEEK

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Goemar - 10-03-2012

So so ill... urgh illness.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - DioShiba - 10-03-2012

A lot of drama is going around on campus.

And a few guys I know got sexually assaulted by a girl (who is god to fucking honest ugly as hell) who can't take know for an answer, and this happened about three times by now. It's a little bit hard to explain everything revolving around this but honestly security hasn't done anything about it.

Edit: and now I have to get a new hard drive for my laptop because the one that's on it went bad.

fuck my life right now.