The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 09-26-2012

can i please just jump off a bridge

please

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - StarSock64 - 09-26-2012

I hate school and school is making me hate myself

Every Wednesday and Thursday I come home feeling like the scum of the earth because I somehow manage to mess up labs in inexplicably stupid ways and then it cuts into other peoples' time so it doesn't hurt just me and it makes me really question my future in a lab-related major

I'm the most incompetent person

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Zadaben - 09-26-2012

Posting to reveal threadglitched post.
For relevancy I am so tired nowadays that I can barely think straight.
I also forgot to do some English notes so goodbye 100%

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kami - 09-26-2012

(09-26-2012, 07:08 AM)Dazz Wrote: Storm has had an injury on her leg for 2 weeks, so a couple days ago we admitted her to a veterinary hospital for treatment. There ligaments had snapped and for them to heal would take box rest and a long time - we decided the best course of action would be to go in and remove all debris so that the regrowth of the ligaments would be cleaner.

Sadly today, the day after her surgery, she displayed signs of colic. Sadly, it became incredibly severe, and due to having come out of surgery and the factor of it juggling in a secondary surgery to remove parts of her intestine which would ultimately reduce her to living in a box her entire life on a limited volume of exercise and heavily monitored condition, she has been put down.

Today the world lost an incredibly fine horse.

There are not enough words to be said to this nor will there ever be.
I have no clue what to say.

The only thing I can say is that, hopefully things will get better.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 09-26-2012

(09-26-2012, 08:02 PM)Angel Plague Wrote: There are not enough words to be said to this nor will there ever be.

If you have no clue what to say then it might be better not to post...?

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kriven - 09-26-2012

Today is a snowball of worse. Let's see how big it can get.

Edit: Pretty fucking big.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Tellis - 09-27-2012

My dad was giving me a ride to school today, but he left the car lights on and the battery is dead and I'm definitely going to be late to class (and the first week of Japanese is really bad to miss, apparently) and he'll be late to work and it doesn't help that tons of crap's been going wrong for him lately so he's in a really bad mood. Ugh...

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 09-27-2012

(08-29-2012, 07:27 PM)Mighty Jazzers Wrote: Ask Dr. PatientZero. This should be an actual thread in the Real Life forum so that everyone can address their health concerns.

But in seriousness, I may as well ask about this if I haven't already while we're on the subject. Note that this hasn't occurred anymore in a little more than half a year but I'd still like to know what caused it.

When I was younger, I used to occasionally wake up in the middle of the night, shivering uncontrollably. Note that a lot of the time I was covered with a blanket and I wasn't cold at the time. It was only my insides shaking, not my outside. I would just lay there, trying to stay as still as possible and stop shaking, but if wasn't able to do that after some time then I would have to get up and run to the bathroom to throw up. I felt perfectly fine the night before/when I went to bed, and I never ate anything that made my stomach react the wrong way, so I'm sure it has to do with my stomach getting too shook up and all that. I really want to know what caused this since it doesn't sound like it's happened to anyone else.

Hey remember this? It happen to me again at 5 AM this morning, this time, but for the first time, I had really bad diahrea on top of it. Apparently I haven't out-grown it after all! Big Grin
This time I had two hotdogs with nacho cheese on them the night before, but again, they were okay on my stomach when I went to bed and they've never affected me like that before.
It's pretty clear now though that diahrea is one of my most major weaknesses, as the abdominal discomfort is outright unbearable for me. I don't even mind the excessive... going, as much as the feeling you get with it. I kept curling up really tight in bed like a worm that had died I felt so bad. After struggling in the bathroom for I don't know how long I finally felt good enough to get back to sleep, about an hour later. One thing that drug it out was that I could only push really really lightly since my stomach was weak after having vomited twice. I should have taken Pepto Bismol but I didn't even feel well enough to get up and do that, I was forced to run to the bathroom each time I got up. Although it probably wouldn't have helped in that short of time span because by the time I went the second time I felt ultimately better. Fortunately my throat wasn't even that uncomfortable this time so that's a pretty major relief. On the plus side I feel one million point 99999 percent better than I did last night so that's one of the only good things about this post lol.
Also, as usual, I'm unable to go to the doctor because of crap constantly coming IRL so... that's unfortunately out of the question at this time.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - PatientZero - 09-27-2012

I wouldn't panic too much unless it keeps happening, it could easily just be that something you ate didn't agree with you, was gone off or wasn't cooked right, it happens to all of us at some point.
That's not to detract from how horrible it can be, between being an embarrassing problem and that clammy skin-crawling feeling it gives you, not to mention how it just generally makes you feel disgusting, you've got my sympathy.

(I'm gonna talk about a couple of gross things here to do with bathroom stuff, if it makes you uncomfortable go ahead and skip reading it)

I know for a fact that there isn't anyone alive who hasn't at some point been hit with vomiting or diarrhoea, I also know that it's not something that people talk about generally so I want to just touch on a couple of things.
To be blunt, when your body is trying to get rid of something the best thing you can do is to let it, think about it, if your body is trying so desperately to void its bowels or empty its stomach that usually means there's something in you that you really don't want.
To give the classic example, when you drink too much alcohol you will vomit, for most people their first reaction is to try and hold it in because vomiting isn't nice.
Unfortunately that's almost exactly what you shouldn't do, alcohol is a poison, albeit a pleasurable one, that sick feeling you get is your body trying to get rid of it, you may not believe me but if you want to stop feeling sick the best thing to do is just go and vomit, you'll feel much better.

The same thing goes for any other reason you may need to rush to the bathroom (assuming you're otherwise healthy with no underlying condition or anything), even if it's a virus or bug, that purging is your body trying to flush out the illness, which is exactly what you want even if it isn't pleasant.
In some cases "holding it in" can even make things worse, the longer it stays in your digestive system the more your body will try to break it down and take it in as if it's regular food.
Or to simplify it, that's like eating poop. Don't eat poop.

Unfortunately there is an obvious downside, vomiting and diarrhoea both dehydrate you and can leave you malnourished, so it's not a flawless system, think of it as an emergency evacuation of your digestive system, the only way to be sure it's getting rid of the right thing is to get rid of everything.
Only thing you can really do is grin and bare it, try to keep something in your stomach and get plenty of fluids (soup is good, that's not an old wives tale), and of course if it's long-term or doesn't get better after a couple of days my advice is the same as always, go see a doctor.

Oh, and like most things, a nice hot bath or shower can do wonders for making you feel better, if nothing else.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - puggsoy - 09-27-2012

Ugh, I had a similar situation twice, with not a big space between the two times (a couple of weeks or so, can't remember exactly), a few months ago. I didn't wake up in the night, it just happened when I went to bed, but man those were horrible nights. Luckily it just went away the next morning.

I have to admit though, one good thing about such being sick is that afterwards, you really appreciate how good it feels to not be sick.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - MoneyMan - 09-27-2012

I guess there's a reason this topic is called the p- yeah no that's too bad even for me.

Hm, after reading this new information it sounds like food could in fact make you react like that at times even if it hasn't before.
I explained everything about it to Mommy a while ago and she said she will pick a new doctor for me to see sometime soon since the one I saw last time kinda left or something and I forgot to bring it up to her.
Also, my oldest cousin had our central air turned on at the time of me waking up and I actually felt somewhat cold this time even though I was covered. When I was starting to get up later at like 10 or so, he came in from outside and turned the air back on, and me and Mom both told him about how I was sick this morning and he was finding every reason to defend the cool air being on like "cool air doesn't give you fevers" and it "doesn't make you sick" and stuff, which was outright obnoxious considering he has no idea what I went through or how I felt and it kinda felt like he didn't really care either all because it feels hot to him.
I guess I won't try to prevent the vomiting anymore. I had thought that diahrea was caused by stuff getting backed up in your system after so long of a time (especially since I don't do the other every day, only once in like every 2 or 3 days generally. I know I need to get more fiber but I'm not really sure how besides eating bread or something) so I guess it makes sense that your body does that as an emergency thing.
At first though I only tried to hold it in because I thought it was just really bad gas and was trying to release it and feel better.
Mommy also said to drink a lot of water which I'm trying to do but it's hard since I can't drink a lot at once unless I'm particularly thirsty so I just try to take a swallow or two every now and then.
Also after the first time of going/vomiting, when I came out and sat down, my chin was actually quivering too along with the rest of me. So that was probably a sign I was gonna go back and do more, which I did, heh.
Anyhow thanks again PZ I really 'preciate the information! I learn something new every time you post. Tongue

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - tigerlily - 09-27-2012

Quote:Oh man, that's horrible Cry

Always hurts to lose an animal one is close to.

I'm really sorry Dazz, I don't even know what to say. Sad

There are not enough words to be said to this nor will there ever be.

The only thing I can say is that, hopefully things will get better.

Thanks guys. Storm was one in a million. It all feels really surreal for now. Not sure when it'll kick in properly. But Dazz has been amazingly supportive.. Not been easy for him either. Our little family is down by one Sad

I hope for the best for you guys... I'm sure it will be impossible to believe for a while but time heals things eventually so your grief should ease up after a while.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kami - 09-27-2012

I feel beyond shitty.