The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - PatientZero - 09-24-2012

(09-24-2012, 01:13 PM)puggsoy Wrote: order it by Date Created (which I think is supposed to mean date uploaded),

Just to clear this up, because I'm massively pedantic (and also because I used to wonder about that myself) but the "date created" thing is actually referring to when the file was created on the drive or system.
It's because when you move a file from one place to another you're not actually moving anything (because that would be dumb) what you're actually doing is creating a copy of that file.

That's the sort of thing that really grinds my axle for no specific or logical reason, just like when people say they're "downloading" pictures from a camera to their computer or "uploading" to an mp3 player, everybody knows exactly what they mean but it's the wrong terminology dammit.
IT ANNOYS ME AND I KNOW NOBODY CARES AND IT'S REALLY ANNOYING WHEN I POINT IT OUT ANDHFSJKLF

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Sengir - 09-24-2012

PatientZero wanna livestream you listenin' to a recording of my computer lecture?

It'd probably be like emptying a salt shaker on a snail.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Rosencrantz - 09-24-2012

so it's a new term
I'm 21
classes look like they are all awesome
got a pretty great dorm to live in

but of course, I'm feeling empty, since said new dorm is in the middle of bumfuck and all of my friends are so unbelievably far away from me

not to mention I'm the first of my group to actually turn 21 so I can't go on a bar adventure

so here I am, sitting in my dorm room, trying to find things to do.

God dammit.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 09-24-2012

(09-24-2012, 01:13 PM)puggsoy Wrote: No, I can access the links just fine, I knew that. What I mean is that I'm forced to view it in that stupid grid view or whatever, I can't change it to Linear or List view. There used to be a drop-down list in near the top-right of the page where I could change it, now it just says "Select Items".

I arrange my sheets (and most images) in a specific order, which I can't do now, it just smashes them at the front of the folder when I upload them. And neither sorting by Date Created nor Date Modified does it how I want. I could re-upload my images in the order I want, then just always order it by Date Created (which I think is supposed to mean date uploaded), but that's a real pain to have to do. Seriously the just could have kept those other views, there was no reason to remove them.

Oh yeah I noticed this it's pretty annoying. Though I can usually find the file I want easily anyway (of course I don't use minus for sheets anymore thus I don't have nearly as much in there so...). Tongue

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kami - 09-24-2012

I'm having one of those days were certain people and certain family members are pissing me off drasticaly.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - puggsoy - 09-25-2012

(09-24-2012, 03:07 PM)PatientZero Wrote:
(09-24-2012, 01:13 PM)puggsoy Wrote: order it by Date Created (which I think is supposed to mean date uploaded),

Just to clear this up, because I'm massively pedantic (and also because I used to wonder about that myself) but the "date created" thing is actually referring to when the file was created on the drive or system.
It's because when you move a file from one place to another you're not actually moving anything (because that would be dumb) what you're actually doing is creating a copy of that file.

Huh. Well, even that wouldn't work for me (even if I reuploaded them) since I create my icons after the sheets, but being the weirdo that I am I require each icon to be arranged before its respective sheet online.

(09-24-2012, 03:07 PM)PatientZero Wrote: That's the sort of thing that really grinds my axle for no specific or logical reason, just like when people say they're "downloading" pictures from a camera to their computer or "uploading" to an mp3 player, everybody knows exactly what they mean but it's the wrong terminology dammit.
IT ANNOYS ME AND I KNOW NOBODY CARES AND IT'S REALLY ANNOYING WHEN I POINT IT OUT ANDHFSJKLF

Same here. I get the meaning and I don't point it out every time, but it does kind of brush a nerve when I hear people say that. Personally I say "I'll transfer the photos to the PC" or "I'm gonna put the music on my MP3 player".

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 09-25-2012

So I was going to do my homework when I woke up around 1 or 2 today. It's 5 now and I'm eating lunch. And I haven't started my homework. Damn it, it's not even hard homework, but I don't want to do it.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Devicho - 09-25-2012

I really do not fucking like my mom's boyfriend (Who moved in with us), and I also really don't appreciate how my mom sides more with him on just bout anything and never seems to fucking care about my end of the deal.

I'm just a more reserved person. Without a doubt when I'm out around town I'm happy to be social and hang out with people, even making small talk with people I don't really know if they're open to it, but when I'm home I just like to chill and relax. Mom's BF, however, is LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS AND IS ALWAYS ON THE GO GO GO!!!, so obviously our personalities are clashing which leads me to want to avoid him further to avoid conflict/unhappiness on either side. Somehow I'm entirely in the wrong, and my mom's reaction to the whole mess is to very strongly imply that if I don't like hanging out with him then I can get the fuck out. ("You know the apartments he used to live in are only $500 and they're right by your workplace and then you wouldn't have to put up with us!")

If you would just pay me back the ~$1200 I loaned you to buy the apartment we're in, and the ~$300 you used to buy your BF a plane ticket out of the blue to attend a wedding, and the ~$200 you used to lipo the fat out of your neck, I'd be glad to!

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - [robo9] - 09-25-2012

Between school, work, and tennis, I've yet to have any spare time in the past month. Between four games a week lasting untill 7, homework, a 10 o'clock curfew, and then working on the weekends, I haven't been able to do anything that isn't related to these few things.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Dazz - 09-26-2012

Storm has had an injury on her leg for 2 weeks, so a couple days ago we admitted her to a veterinary hospital for treatment. There ligaments had snapped and for them to heal would take box rest and a long time - we decided the best course of action would be to go in and remove all debris so that the regrowth of the ligaments would be cleaner.

Sadly today, the day after her surgery, she displayed signs of colic. Sadly, it became incredibly severe, and due to having come out of surgery and the factor of it juggling in a secondary surgery to remove parts of her intestine which would ultimately reduce her to living in a box her entire life on a limited volume of exercise and heavily monitored condition, she has been put down.

Today the world lost an incredibly fine horse.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Phaze - 09-26-2012

(09-26-2012, 07:08 AM)Dazz Wrote: Today the world lost an incredibly fine horse.
Oh man, that's horrible Cry

Always hurts to lose an animal one is close to.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Marth - 09-26-2012

Package of new ecig parts still isn't here damn it.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kriven - 09-26-2012

There's the smell of cigarette smoke trapped in my nose, and I don't even smoke, nor was I around smokers.

What the hell.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Marth - 09-26-2012

One thing I will never miss about real cigarettes, the smell of stale smoke

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 09-26-2012

(09-26-2012, 07:08 AM)Dazz Wrote: Storm has had an injury on her leg for 2 weeks, so a couple days ago we admitted her to a veterinary hospital for treatment. There ligaments had snapped and for them to heal would take box rest and a long time - we decided the best course of action would be to go in and remove all debris so that the regrowth of the ligaments would be cleaner.

Sadly today, the day after her surgery, she displayed signs of colic. Sadly, it became incredibly severe, and due to having come out of surgery and the factor of it juggling in a secondary surgery to remove parts of her intestine which would ultimately reduce her to living in a box her entire life on a limited volume of exercise and heavily monitored condition, she has been put down.

Today the world lost an incredibly fine horse.

I'm really sorry Dazz, I don't even know what to say. Sad