The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - puggsoy - 09-17-2012

Ugh.

Ate some cake just before that I shouldn't have. Now I have that "too full" feeling where you just feel like you're stomach's stuffed up to your throat.

Ugh.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Sengir - 09-17-2012

(for those who don't know I've been professionally diagnosed with depression and have been on medication for a few years now, just so you know where i'm coming from in this post)

There's little hope for my future the way things are going. I have horrible classes at a horrible college I have to drive 45 minutes (each way) to get to. The prerequisite for any computer-related classes is the fucking dumbest class in existence (we learned how to extract zip files to a usb drive last week) and I can't motivate myself to do a fucking thing. My parents paid for my college classes and I'm gonna fail the (ironically) important one. That'll set me back and probably piss my parents off. I can't find a job (that doesn't require experience) in a 20-mile radius (did I tell you I live in the middle of fucking nowhere? it's a small community someone built next to the cotton fields between Phoenix and Tucson), so I can't afford to pay for my own classes at a college I hate.

As a junior in high school my dream was to attend a specific college in Norway (which my dad said he'd send me to) but now for some reason he doesn't recall ever saying that and says this college's computer program is "good enough" (maybe for secretaries or data entry jobs). I want to get a loan to go to the Norwegian college but I don't have a job or any collateral. So now I'm stuck in a shithole rut where I hate my life and sometimes just want to die.

This is literally the worst feeling.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - ~DrakoRero~ - 09-17-2012

Weeks ago, when isaac struck, my Windows XP was blown out by the outage, it's been in the shop for weeks, and problem after problem keeps showing up, I can't take it anymore, I'm cracking up because I sprite on Paint.NET, and this is a Mac, WHICH I DIDN'T ASK FOR I ASKED FOR A WINDOWS 7 ANYWAYS, and Mac's don't support .NET..

My mom keeps fussing at me over spriting and keeps talking about it like it's sh*t, she doesn't understand what spriting means to me...

Word is that my computer is REALLY BROKEN and they're trying their best to repair it..But now I'm thinking that it'll never be repaired, so I lost everything..

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kami - 09-17-2012

Wow. Hope it get's better. I honestly have like 4 dropboxes worth of space so I can backup everything, just in case something like that happens.

I Hope against all odds that your computer will be fixed soon.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 09-17-2012

(09-17-2012, 02:53 PM)~Drakocat~ Wrote: My mom keeps fussing at me over spriting and keeps talking about it like it's sh*t, she doesn't understand what spriting means to me...

Parents just never understand about some things.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Sengir - 09-17-2012

Welp, already started stress-vomiting

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kosheh - 09-17-2012

(09-17-2012, 02:53 PM)~Drakocat~ Wrote: My mom keeps fussing at me over spriting and keeps talking about it like it's sh*t, she doesn't understand what spriting means to me...

it's because spriting is shit (to most people, anyway)

you can't tell me making 150 frames of animation of a character is fun
it's not

the fun is in creating the character and drafting it up, and using the canvas that's MSPaint to make a pixel playground of greatness

(it's pixelart, mom, not spriting. it's not soda, it's art with pixels)

also i can't see how you can possibly flip a shit over getting a mac. macs are fricken amazing productivity tools.

*if you can, obtain a copy of windows (maybe from your old computer's Windows XP install?) and look into BootCamp. if you have OSX Lion, you can even set up a virtual machine to emulate Windows (using VMWare or VirtualBox)

BootCamp is better IMO because you're literally booting into Windows and it's another partition on your hard drive so it's not being simulated, so all your RAM is dedicated to it

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 09-17-2012

i was just about to post that

get bootcamp or parallels on the mac
run windows
??????
profit

Welp, my earbuds(My good ones) burnt out and burst into flames. I put out the small fire and now I have no way of listening to music unless I want to use my crappy, faulty pair of earbuds.

RIP: Earbuds like no other.

(09-17-2012, 05:52 PM)Angel Plague Wrote: Welp, my earbuds(My good ones) burnt out and burst into flames.

H-How does this even happen

the fire wasn't in your room was it? Sick

It was a small fire... ...that was in my room...

and before I could put it out, it set my Green Version of Pokemon on fire.
Welp, it's now unplayable since the insides of it got burnt.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Virt - 09-17-2012

Why do I have to forget everything

I can remember useless trivia

but not my freaking homework

then my mom gets mad and I get all upset and nobody's happy ever

yay

Don't worry Virt I have a bad memory too. :c

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - ~DrakoRero~ - 09-17-2012

(09-17-2012, 04:30 PM)Kosheh Wrote: also i can't see how you can possibly flip a shit over getting a mac. macs are fricken amazing productivity tools.

*if you can, obtain a copy of windows (maybe from your old computer's Windows XP install?) and look into BootCamp. if you have OSX Lion, you can even set up a virtual machine to emulate Windows (using VMWare or VirtualBox)

BootCamp is better IMO because you're literally booting into Windows and it's another partition on your hard drive so it's not being simulated, so all your RAM is dedicated to it

Yes, this is a Lion ( I draw on Photoshop with my tablet and play Spore, those are the best things about it for me~ ), and yes, I do want to install Windows onto it, but along with so much money being spent on fixing my XP, I find it pointless to get it right now considering my XP is still in repair.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 09-17-2012

exactly what was wrong with the xp computer? I could probably walk you through fixing it, lol

as for the mac, boot camp is free and on your os x disk.
http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

windows install discs can be legally downloaded from microsoft and as long as you have a registration key, there is literally nothing to buy.

And if you don't have a registration key, well...
pm me and we'll see about remedying that. Wink